Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

September 12,2019

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

September 12,2019

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:33 am

Good mornong all sun is coming up it will be in the 60s today...we will spend a quiet day here,,,just relaxing and preparing for the ride home tomorrow. There will be lots of laundry to do and a camper to clean out when I get home...But it has been a fun vacation..Ken will return to work Monday and all will be well.

Hope you all have a great day. XXXXOOOO

fabricgirl

Re: September 12,2019

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:49 am

Good Morning Judi and all who follow,
Today will be ugly day and a load of sheets are already on.
After the uglies are finished I will be in my room.
Judi so glad you had a nice vacation

Well that's it for me no other news to report.
Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:01 am

Good morning everyone,sunny here.
TWINS update.Today is a big day for them.Hadlee comes off ventilator.Brodee has spinal tap to check to see if infections are all gone.He needs that pic line gone.Both have eye exams in a week & both have headscans too on Monday.Prayers please that they can breathe on their own & all tests are normal.Thanks so much for your prayers.

Judi Glad you had a fun week.

Lois Hope your uglies & Laundry goes fast.I did some yesterday.

Sharona Prayers That you are getting better.

Rosebud Prayers for you too that tests are normal.

Tina Praying for them to find your problem.

I still have some uglies to do.Things here seem to jump out at me & require attention.lol
Have a great day everyone. Becca

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:02 am

Good morning ladies
Nothing going on here. Going to get to 90 again today. I need to go dig some flowers for my favorite librarian. Some iris and lilies. Her husband passed two years ago and she sold their house and bought one across from her daughter. No flowers.
Then I am attending my phone company coop meeting tonight. No cleaning today.
I got my first load of wood last night. Tells me winter is coming. Yippee or yuck. Hmmm
No yard work no major cleaning Yippee
Lois Saturdays are my ugly day.
Well I need coffee then into garden
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:11 am

Good morning everyone. Happy camping, Judi.
Not much happening here. Back into the heat for a few days.
Waiting to see who my "elf" will be. Decided to wait until we know to plan my project. I hope we all will keep our gifts simple. Less is more sometimes. Also smaller package is cheaper on postage. All should remember that we are sharing our friendship and we don't need to try to out do the other person.
Hard to believe that we are on the doorstep of fall.
Katy: how are your hummingbirds doing? This has been an "off" year here. However I have more lately, than earlier in the season. Migration is going strong.
Have a great day!
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:29 am

Good morning,

JUDI - savor your last day of vacation. Sure doesn't seem like it's been almost 2 weeks. I'm not ready for you to go home yet!

BECCA - praying for the twins as they face all these new steps in their growth!

KATY - 90*! I think today is the last day we'll even see 70*. We'll be lucky to stay in the 60's for a few more weeks. do you have a woodshed for your firewood? We just finished splitting/stacking the last of our wood from the three trees we had taken down. I love working in the wood. But I'm a logger's daughter and it brings back time spent with my dad.

CINDY - congratulations on your new little GGS!! I like his name! They live very close to you, don't they?

CHRISS - Catch me up on Gramma's house, your job, Rich & Gloria, Marilyn, Jerry, and Moose. Do you have any special projects going on in your sewing room. I wanna know all this because, you know, I'm snoopy.

SHARONA - how are you feeling now? And how is your dad? your son?

KATHY - I've been wondering how your Kim is doing?

My plan for today was to wash sheets and throw rugs and dry them all on the line, make a couple of quilt bindings, do some weeding, and bring in my yard art as rainy weather starts tonite. But Bill says he wants to go see Ernie today. It's an all-day thing when we visit. Would LOVE to get him transferred to a facility closer to us. We're going up near his hospital tomorrow for another event so I'd rather wait until then to visit. But I'm not going to try to dissuade Bill from seeing his uncle. So we'll see how the day unfolds.

I hope we all get to at least fondle the fabric today if not put a needle to it.

mary z

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:35 am

Good morning, what a beautiful day it's going to be today.

I am a lifetime member of our Friends of the Library and have volunteered to help at their bi-annual book sale. It's the first weekend in October. I will work both Saturday and Sunday. I'm pretty excited about it.

Cindy, Gavin and Hannah will learn as they go just like we all did. Would love to see a picture of the new little family. And don't forget the most important thing of all, give that baby a gentle smooch from me.

Kathy, I might fight over cake, depends on the cake, :lol: Actually the last thing I need to do is eat cake. Glad Kimberly is healing nicely. Isn't Skype a wonderful thing?

Katy, Jerry made a zucchini bisquick thing the other day, it was good but it had oregano in it. I think if the oregano was gone it would be better. My grandma used to make a zucchini torte. it was good, really good.

Sherry, well? did you get your team shirt and floor lamp? I bet those football games are fun to attend.

Tina, I wonder, if you got the shakes and called 911 and an ambulance took you to the emergency room would they automatically do a scan? How much would your insurance cover in that instance? Going in an ambulance rather than walking in to the ER will get you priority treatment. Just wondering. Hope Miss Jaz feels better. Yay for having Kevin overnight, I would love that too.

Maryq, I wish we had your rainy icky day. I love when I go outside in the morning and smell the moisture in the air. I am ready for fall. And I hope fall lasts a long time. Along with spring it's my favorite. Thanks for being the lead Santa.

Lois, Secret Santa is hard for me. I get so anxious waiting for my elf's name and shopping I have to remember to not bug Mary too much. It's like I am 8 years old and Santa came while I was sleeping, and mom and dad aren't awake yet. traumatic.

Katy, bet your lace curtains will be beautiful, and you do certainly deserve them.. I just saw an event listed on facebook that is going to be a sort of lace flea market. everything lace.

Judi, glad you are having a relaxing time.

Becca, prayers for the twins. they really amaze me. born so small and so early and they are thriving. so very cool.

Velda, if you need a practice elf I'm your girl. Anything to help, :D

Maryz, grandma's house had a 90 day escrow, it's still in escrow. the positions at work have been deleted. they won't be filled so I will stay where I am and take on extra duties. Rich, Gloria, Marilyn and Jerry are all good. Jerry has a birthday tomorrow. Not sure about Snoopy, I think he still lives with Charlie Brown. xoxo

It seems my time is up here, you all have a groovy day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:03 am

Ok twice now I have lost my post. I am giving up. Will try again later in the day. Using dad's laptop as mine is at work.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:22 am

Judi - you sound so relaxed and it seems you had a great time. Ain't life grand?

Lois - sorry it's ugly day but you sound like it's quick thing to do if you'll have time to get in your room!

Becca - I'm praying for normal test results for those twinkies. What do they weigh now?

Katy - no cleaning for you today. You are so gracious to dig and give the iris' and lilies to your friend. If she had flowers at her old house then she should really appreciate the ones you bring her.

Vel - for secret santa it would really be cheap shipping/postage if we just get our elf a quilting gift certificate. I tend to send lots of stuff and spend to much money but I see something and I just have to get it. I shop at the quilt festival in Houston. Then after I send it off I wonder if my elf will like it or if she already has it or if she has enough "stuff" that what I send is just more "stuff". Last year I got my elf a thing at the quilt show that was a little over board - it's a stained wooden thing that has a seam ripper on one end and a stiletto on the other end each with a cap for safely. I got it home and tried it and I loved it so when we went back to the quilt show the next day I got myself one and I love it. I hope she does, too.

Maryz - Gavin, Hannah and Cannon will live fairly close to me but not within walking distance. It'll be maybe a 10 minute drive. Cannon's name came because Hannah's grandma, who was killed by her grandson, was an amateur photographer and always had her Canon camera around her neck. Hannah just added an additional "n" to make it Cannon. I'm glad her grandma didn't use a Nikon camera!!! LOL I know what you mean about seeing Uncle Ernie and going to the hospital - it would be nice to kill both those birds with one stone.

Chriss - the thing about secret santa is that, even though we are all different, we all have a heart for quilting and that binds (no pun intended) us together and makes it all fun.

Cannnon and his parents are going home today. I'll try to get a picture. It took me forever to get a picture of my sister's quilt posted in photos so y'all be patient. Well, y'all know where I am and what I have to do so I'll come back later and read.

May we all get to fondle fabric today.

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:29 am

Good morning all! Supposed to be cooler today but still high humidity. This has been a weird summer. Someone told me yesterday that we are supposed to have a bad winter. Oh well me and the furbabies will just hunker down then. Not much planned for today. Started a project for my Elf whoever that turns out to be so need to keep working on it so will be done by the time to send it out.

Judi - So glad you had a good time on your vacation after some delay. Have a safe drive home.

Becca - I pray for the twins every morning when I do my Bible study. Glad they are making progress though it is slow.

Cindyg - So glad to hear about your new GGS. The parents are new but they will learn like we all did in the beginning. Will be praying for them.

Maryz - I need to wash my sheets today and also sweep the floors. Just need to find some ambition. Send some my way if you can.

Chriss - I got my Fairview shirt to wear to the football game tomorrow night so I am ready. I also got my new puzzle floor lamp. Now I just need to put it together. Smoke and Sweetie say to tell Moose hi and hope he is enjoying summer.

Well, better get going and get started. Smoke and Sweetie have been fed and now time to feed me. Smoke is more relaxed but Sweetie sits right beside me while I am getting her food. We love our pets and mine run the house.

Have a good day everyone!

Sherry

Return to “Sew ins”