Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sept 11

Daily discussions.
gershwin64

Re: Sept 11

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:28 am

Good morning to you all.

I remember it like yesterday too, such a horrible thing to have happened. It makes me cry too remembering and watching the news clips, just like it did on that horrible day. Praying for all those lost and their families.

We've been so hot here but we're going down to low 90's and upper 80's for this week. I know most of you dread the s word but gosh I just wish for it! We always need the moisture it brings!

I went to a new Dr yesterday, seems like my worry of being misdiagnosed was on the mark, apparently I didn't have Bell's palsy, or at least he's petty sure I didn't, he does think I may have a blood clot on my brain and has ordered scans and tests, just waiting for insurance to approve it. I had another yucky shakes day, the shakes when they're bad drive me kinda bonkers, very aggravating.

I'm looking forward to SS! I've been gathering this year so I have a nice little assortment and then when I know who my elf is I'll be able to make my final choices and then get to make something!

I have Jazmyne and Preston today, Jazmyne isn't feeling very well. Kevin is going to be spending the night tonight because he has his annual drivers training classes today and tomorrow. Makes me a Happy Mom!

Tina

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:30 am

Oh yes, today will be full of prayers for all the lives lost and all those affected from the events of 09-11-01. I'm sure we all remember where we were on that terrible day. For our Parents, it was Pearl Harbor that etched such a permanent memory, for us it is that day in September.

Diane... I will join you in prayers today for all those affected by that day. One of the men on flight 93 that crashed in PA, was from my home town. Tom Brunette. He has a grave marker very near where my parents are buried at Fort Snelling Cemetery in Minneapolis. A true HERO!

Maryz…. If you think those Gnomes are so cute. wait until you see the snowmen that Sindy is settling up on a block of the week! When APS actually comes out to evaluate Vicki.... then I'll believe it! I'm just so amazed that her kids aren't more involved... If I heard the word RATS in my folks house.. … well you know what you and I would be doing!!!

Chriss… Yes Ma'am... Secret Santa names will be out.... maybe Sunday! I just want to make sure that everybody that wants to sign up has. I love Marilyn's "warning" LOL too funny!

Cindy.... Congratulations G.G. That's what we renamed my Gramma when the first Great Grandbaby was born. You'll probably get used to his name in no time... my Mom didn't like the name "Kevin" but she got over it. :lol: It could be worse! DIL Sara has a nephew "Augustus Ivan" but he's just Gus!

Kathy..... Hope you are feeling better too from your little bout with pneumonia. What are you knitting? A sweater? I haven't knit any baby hats in a while... I should probably get back to it... it's a perfect TV watching project as I can practically do it with my eyes closed!

Katy... you celebrate your X's birthday! You are a nice ex..... Patience my dear :D SS names will be out SOON.

Sherry.... Memories of 9-11 will haunt so many of us for years to come... The pictures on the internet have brought it all back to me. I was in Colorado Springs at my niece's---scheduled to fly back to Minneapolis that day. What amazes me is that I was watching the plane hit the south tower as it was happening. I sat there just numb... not believing what I was seeing. Needless to say I didn't get home that day. Don't you wish that that feeling we had of working TOGETHER happens all the time, and not just in time of tragedy!

Jana.... When you see your F.R's Aaron and Kate right? Please give them a HUGE hug from me and thank them for their service. They are surely the most selfless people God has created!

Tina... ARE you kidding ME????? You have to get approval from Insurance to test for a BLOT CLOT!!! What has the world come too... Reminds me again why I hate insurance companies. I so hope they approve so you can get the test done!!! Prayers coming your way for SURE!!!!

Lois.... Are you as excited for the Snowmen as I am... I may have to do some stash diving for fabric for those too! I know I have lots of white!

It's a rainy icky day, so I guess I won't be going out after all. Was going to run to the PO but it can wait until tomorrow. Still need to wrap up nephew's wedding quilt so I can mail it. Got all the gnomes fused to the tree skirt, so may do a little of that today. Also laid out my Christmas Block Swap blocks--wouldn't it be amazing if I actually got the 2019 blocks done in 2019!!! It's like a jigsaw puzzle putting it together.. .a little more challenging but so far so good!

Time for more coffee... then gotta go pay bills.. UGH... Hoping for a FEW $$ left over... am feeling the need for a trip to Joann... it's be so long I'm getting the hee-bee-jeebies!

Wishing you all a happy day

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:49 am

Good Morning Everyone,
I'm late today I went to the food store came home put it all away did a load of Mt. Wash more now having a cup of coffee and visiting with everyone.
Diane yes it is a sad day prayers go out to all who were lost in that evil attack I will never forget it I was working in daycare we had parents of children that worked in Ny but all returned safely thank God.
Cindy congratulations it's another generation for you to spoil
Mary Z that was sweet of Bill to give you an early gift .
Kathy enjoy your time with Kim I will keep her in my prayers.
Katy slow down relax a little enjoy your day.
Sherry enjoy the football game.
Jana enjoy your sew time.
Tina I'm looking forward to S.S also.
Mary Q the thing that I like about Sindys patterns is that they are scrap friendly and yes I cant wait.

Well that's it for my time everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:16 am

Good morning all

A happy birthday to my x. This family has a habit of being born on sad days. My mother n law was born on pearl harbor day and her middle name was pearl. Gish I hope nothing ever happens on September 30 my daughters birthday.
Well enough of that. Yesterday cleaned down bathroom other chores and fixed a zuccini pie made with Bisquick . It was really good.
Today gonna hit the sewing room which is calling my name. Too hot to garden.
Maryz You are invited too for coffee and bunt cake. I have other recipes .
Cindy Congratulations.
Chriss I agree with you Everyone needs to get their name and info in for secret Santa hints
Well for me more coffee and watch my hummmers
You all have a great sewing day
Katy.
I am sure I would have enough cake for all
I just ordered new priscilla curtains for my bedroom Trimmed in slate blue and lace. I deserve these :lol:

Return to “Sew ins”