Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, September 8th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Sunday, September 8th

Post by suzette58 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:21 am

Good morning everyone.
It is actually cool here this morning. It is around 55 here. It was a shock when I took the dogs out. Today I don’t have anything to do but sew. So I will be in my sewing room most of the day. I am still plugging along on the flying geese blocks for the wall hanging. I might also work some on my paper piecing. Who knows? We are close to having a major problem in our house. Our coffee pot is acting up. One pot will be nice and hot, the next time not so hot. When you add cold milk like me it ends up luke warm. I guess it’s time for a new one. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Chriss - no my step daughter doesn’t come and sew anymore. She got her degree and passed her boards for nurse practitioner. But, she can’t find a job because she doesn’t have experience. So to avoid paying her student loans she is studying for her doctorate.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Sunday, September 8th

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:36 am

Good Morning Suzette and all who follow,
I woke up to cooler temps also I love that I was able to sleep with the windows open.
Yesterday I sewed another block on my gnomes Christmas quilt I have another all cut out and ready to iron down and sew .

Well there is nothing else new on this horizon my dh and son will be home some time this morning and then football Sunday starts.
I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:22 am

Good MOrning it is windy again (lake Superior is known for wind) the waves crashing put me to nsleep but also wake me in the morning,,,so far internet although slow is working.. We are packing up and leaving for the otherside of the UP...we will explore the waterfalls and the Soo Locks..and annnnnny quilt shops we find...we will head home on friday instead of saturday, Sis has had a few problems with her motor home and she wants to get it home before the weekend...we are fine with that, I worked a little on the woolie table runner but yoyos in the truck will work better,,,so there is always some sort of quilting going on,, hope you are all having a great day XXXXOOOO

velvet

Post by velvet » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:46 am

A bright sunny morning to wake up to. Yesterday we had a sew in for qov, 38 machines humming. It was fun. I think next Sat. Susan (the pilot) is coming to drop off 25 quilts to us and will pick up what was done yesterday.
Well today will doing odds and ends in the house. Tomorrow at the vets cafe is a presentation for 3 men from Indiana- all will be surprises. They come down here to golf with friends who do live here full time. Have to be there be 8.
No problem for us with the storm but beach areas in NC were hit with tornados and the force of the storm. Very scary.
Off for coffee. Hope everyone has a good day.
Diane

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:49 am

Good morning,

DIANE - I bet that was a sight to see - 38 machines humming away! Do you have any people standing by for pressing, trimming, cutting, etc?''

JUDI - I remember the waves when we camped along the shores of Lake Superior once. It's almost like the ocean. How far is the drive to your next camp? We leave in 3 weeks for our own camping trip with about 3 other rigs. But just for 3 nights.

LOIS - The party's OOoover..... They're baaaackk.... But I know you wouldn't have it any other way!

SUZETTE - sorry your DSD stopped sewing with you, but congrats to her for her successes in her career! What is her specialty? Family med? peds? OB? Other? I saw your motorcycle panel on FB. It's a stunner!! He is going to love it! Is it a surprise?

CHRISS - well, did you go to the big garage sale? It was such a good cause . . . And how is Mom doing?

MARY Q - I updated my hints and am ready to rock (around the Christmas Tree)! glad you got groceries and I trust you got a nap afterward!

Yesterday I got the whole upstairs (kitchen, living room, dining room, bathroom) cleaned - except for vacuuming. Bill will do that today. got my sewing room mostly cleaned but still some things to tidy up in there. This morning will be helping Bill tack the last few pieces of baseboard trim in place, handtruck our safe back into the house, and then do some dusting and vac'g downstairs. This afternoon is going to be all about the Seahawks. I also plan to start cross-stitching a couple of quilt labels while I watch the game. I better figure out a quick and easy supper so I don't have to be prepping food in the fourth quarter.

Go Hawks!!

mary z

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:07 am

Good morning
I am so ready to scalp a little kitten Gish she is a handful. I know just being a kitten .LOL When she gets fixed she is going outside.
Yesterday shampooed part of carpets. Washed clothes I did not get into my sewing room. Today put on roast . Plan on washing bathroom window etc. Then I am going to sew. Maryq I hope I can get you a couple of blocks for lotto before I get my Elfs name.
Suzette It has been in the fifties for several weeks. One day actually 49. lol
Lois I keep reading about your gnome quilt What pattern is it?
Mary z Want to come help me. I am tired of cleaning already. For the first time in 20 years my outside looks better than my inside. lol
Well I need more coffee

You all have a great sewing day
Katy

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:18 am

A quick drive-by as I need to be down the mountain to take Dad to Mom's church service this morning. Hospice will start coming in on Monday, though mom seems to have perked up a little bit. She has lost weight and she has declined. This afternoon DH and I will be meeting my cousin who is in town for her hubby's parents 50th Anniversary they decided to celebrate here in Estes Park, they're from Iowa. No sewing done, but I have a new musical toy called a Kalimba or thumb piano. I played twinkle twinkle Little Star for Mom and Dad yesterday and they seem to enjoy it. Glad you ladies on the East coast are okay. Becca how are the twins? Sharona I hope your ordeal is over and your back to you're right rhythm. Prayers for all.
Lyn

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:24 am

Good morning all! Had to turn on furnace again to take the chill off the house. By Wednesday it is going to be in the upper 80's again. Such is the Fall weather in NW Ohio. My Wolverines won again yesterday but barely and they did not play very well. A win is a win but I was really yelling at the TV.

Not much planned for today. I want to mow but weather is going to have to get a bit warmer before I can go out and do it. Will work on more cutting out for quilt also. Never made a quilt that had so many little pieces in it before. Hope my DS1 likes it when I am done with it. He picked out the pattern.

Can also tell Fall is here because I set back up my puzzle table yesterday. I only do my puzzles in the Fall and Winter. Have a new 2000 piece I want to get at soon.

Well better go get dressed and go get newspaper and then come back and get breakfast. Smoke and Sweetie have already been fed. Sweetie especially gets antsy in the morning if I don't feed here right away. Once Smoke gets his business done outdoors he is happy.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Sherry

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:27 am

Good morning, I also slept wonderfully well with the windows open.

Jerry found a tv channel called live well. It's on the antenna. Kind of a helpful hint, home improvement thing. One gal is using coke for everything from removing bugs from your car grill to unclogging drains. It's an interesting channel.

One segment was about makeup. I don't wear one drop of makeup and only use Carmex for my lips when needed. Do you all wear makeup? Just curious.

Suzette, sorry your daughter isn't sewing but thrilled that she is going for her degree. Coffee makers sure don't last forever. I can't tell you how many we have been through. Mine now beeps as soon as you turn it on and doesn't beep when it's done. Jerry and I each have our own coffee pots. He is Yuban I am folgers and neither of us is willing to change.

Lois, when the gnomes are done you will be in penguins up to your ears. I love that you are having fun with her patterns, have you looked at her website? she has lots of cute ones.

Judi, so glad it all worked out and you got to go play. sounds like a fun time.

Diane, nice that all went well with the storm and the sewing. win win.

Maryz, yes, I went to the sale. Got Jerry a few books and I found some old Piecemakers calendars. really cool patterns that will be in my to do pile and likely decompose before being made :lol: Mom is fine, she and dad went to visit my uncle for a few days. They will have fun. I vote for chili cheese dogs for your dinner. Jerry is putting a roast in the crock pot. bet it feels like a new house all freshly cleaned and floored.

Katy, poor little kitten. Pets can be stinkers can't they?

Lyn, what an interesting instrument. Prayers for you and your parents.

Sherry, enjoy breakfast. I asked Jerry not to make a big breakfast today. Smoke and Sweetie really do have a good life don't they?

I got some play time in yesterday, and will do more today. I have a few scrap quilt tops and want to make scrap binding for them. While I am making the binding I am getting rid of anything I can't get 2 1/2 inches out of.

Hope everyone has a groovy day.
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:07 am

Good morning quilting world!

Oh my, somebody remind me I am way too old and out of shape to do a 6 mile hike. Even on flat ground. Went with the scouts yesterday to be sure we had two adults. Blister on bottom of my sewing foot right on the pad under my big toe! Hurts to walk, legs feel like a tractor rolled over them. Still tired this AM! But I am alive! I may start walking again but I think 6 miles was a bit too start with.

Oh yes Suzette, new pot in order. We set ours to start brewing at 4AM. I would not be happy to get up and find no coffee! Good thing we had Dad's Keureg.

Cooler here today too. Only supposed to get up to 78 or so. Fall is in the air.

Wow DIane 38 machines, that must have been a site. Music to a quilters ears.

I also updated my hints and am ready to get going. I have a pattern/fabric that I think will fit in any sewing room. Might go ahead and start to be sure I have time.

So I saw on Facebook yesterday that DGS thinks the baby will come in June or July? I am thinking May unless she is going to be PG for longer than 40 weeks. I am not sure anymore how early those home tests can be accurate but 40 weeks from the week she did the test is end of May. And she likely got pregnant before that. So more likely mid May. Maybe even earlier. It sounds like she has an appointment this coming week.

Chriss about make up, I don't wear any either. Makes me itch!

Well Dad is up so off I go to start my day.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”