Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, September 8th

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Sunday, September 8th

Post by auntjana » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:17 am

Good rainy morning!

Had the windows open all night, but Mr Noisy thunderstorm cut that all short. It is bucketing right now and will for awhile.

Chriss - the only time I put on makeup is if I am going to church or family pictures. Then it is a light foundation, touch of blush and mascara.

Church is a bit later this morning.

I am still plugging way in the carpets in this house. One last section in the great room and then my bedroom. Then I am done until March. My main floor is 2000+ square feet and the majority is carpet. With my arthritic knees and hip, I break it up into manageable sections. Plus, I need to work around furniture that is moved. Lots of Advil!

I did get my October wall hanging done, binding on, ready to hand stitch down.

Watched football yesterday. Gave up on BYU's game at the last minute or so of the game to make dinner. Soon I hear Michael yell up from the Batt Cave, the game is in overtime. Took 2 OT's, but BYU finally won! Can't watch my 9'ers play, because the not local team from over the next mountains usurp the TV rights. One of my pet peeves! But football is back!

The Batt Cave is somewhat straightened up and I did some needed bobbin maintenance. That is, filled up my bobbins with white thread. I hate to have to stop sewing and fill a bobbin, so I keep a bunch of bobbins filled ahead of me. Most of my piecing is done with white thread.

Time to find a dress and a face for church,

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:24 am

Jana, sounds like the Utah weather has turned to fall already. Looking forward to coming up this week and enjoying it.

Chriss, I used to have Piecemakers calendars too. I gave them away knowing I would never make those quilt. They were very pretty though.

Maryz, enough with the cleaning and organizing. You're making me look bad. lol

Sherry, sounds like you are having lovely weather as well.

Valerie, that's quite a hike. I will be going on a hike next weekend in Utah. High elevation. That should be fun.

Well I need to get ready to take Wrigley and Jack to the park. I got 2 more blocks done on my Granny's Garden. I have one prepped and ready to applique down. I'll get that done today. I'll be caught up for this week. Need to get next weeks prepped since I won't be here. I don't want to get too far behind in the sew along.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:47 am

Good Morning Girls

A little late this morning.. had trouble getting online.. kept getting "server not found" message... but all seems okay now. While I was waiting I took my shower and cleaned the kitchen.... so shortly I can head down to sewing room!

Lois... You have all your Gnome blocks done? I'm going to start stash diving this afternoon for parts --- I'm not going to make the whole quilt just yet, just will pick out some of the gnomes for the tree skirt. Hoping to use up some of my piles of scraps!

Suzette.... Not very warm here either.. had to close up a couple windows! And put on sweat pants and a flannel shirt. Sorry your DSD isn't able to sew with you … but congratulations to her for completing her program! It's a lot of hard work!

Judi.... I just might have to google-map the UP of Michigan just so I can see where you are! Waves crashing on the shore can be so relaxing.

Diane... 38 sewing machines??? You're lucky you didn't blow a fuse! Glad you came out of the storm with not so much damage.. I haven't even seen the news on TV to know how bad it got---except for in the Bahamas. I hear cruise ships are bringing in aid there.

Maryz… OH Yes I took a nap! I try not to take a nap everyday, but it wastes good sewing time, but for now... I think I need it. Glad you updated your hints.. I suppose I should go put mine in! GO SEAHAWKS!

Katy.... Time for fall cleaning around my house too.... I've been going to wash my screens all summer and haven't gotten around to it yet! When the cotton wood trees shed here, a nice white film sticks to all the screens... Funny. I was going to put a roast in the crock pot this morning too.. but think I'll use up some left overs first.

Lyn.... Lots of prayers for your Mom and Dad too.

Sherry.... Are you hoarse from yelling at the TV yesterday? Rest your voice today! Do you cut ALL the pieces for a while before you start it? Hope you have good luck with all those little pieces... I usually avoid patterns with little pieces. :lol:

Chriss.. OH Yes, I don't usually leave the house without makeup on... depending on where I'm going and if I think I might run into somebody I know! I have so many broken blood vessels in my face, that it looks like a road map with little red lines all over... hence I need makeup. But I never wear it when I'm just home all day. I've heard you can use coke to unclog a drain, but it seems like a waste of good coke-cola Did you know that if your headlights on your car get cloudy you can clean them with tooth paste and then will get clear again! I've tried that and it does work!

Valerie..... You are such a great Scout Mom.... to go on a 6 mile hike!!! Soak your feet and relax today! And next time someone mentions HIKE.... turn your back and walk away! The new pregnancy tests can be done pretty darn early these days. Used to be you had to miss 2 periods... now you can practically tell before you've missed a first one. I remember the 1st tests that came out in 1980--- you had to wait 2 HOURS to see the results!

Jana.., I've with you... I fill a bunch of bobbins with white thread... hate stopping to reload . It's one of those things on my list of "can't have too many"..... bobbins. Luckily my Janome uses the little plastic bobbins and they are cheap... so I have a TON!

Lori.... I agree, I think we should lock Maryz in her sewing room so she stops cleaning.... I'm so far behind it's not funny.. Not only in the house, but I have projects in the garage I've wanted to do all summer. Have a great time in Utah!!!

Yesterday I finally finished up the flannel baby blankie project I was working on... and got one more UFO a little closer to done. I had made "Falling Charms" blocks a couple years ago from charm packs I had, so I finally have them all together and just need to add borders.. then will see if I have enough of something for a backing. Just out the Tree Skirt for the hospice home and may start that this next week. Need to do some cleaning up in the sewing room before I start something new.

Going to grab some coffee and head down to putts!
Wishing you all a Most Wonderful Sunday

Return to “Sew ins”