Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday September 7,2019

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Saturday September 7,2019

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:13 am

Good morning Everyone,
Yesterday was a good day I have my last block of the gnomes sew along done I didn't do any sewing on Thursday because my eyes were dialed till 4:00 but the eye dr did say I have healthy eyes .
So today I'm going to look through my stash to see if I have anything for shashing and if not it can keep till monday and I will work on gnomes christmas blocks.
Well that is it for now time for another cup of coffee I have the whole day to myself my Dh and son are going to the fishing cabin with my DBinlaw and won't be back till tomorrow.

I hope you all have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois
Last edited by fabricgirl on Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

suzette58

Re: Saturday September 9,2019

Post by suzette58 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:13 am

Good morning Lois and those who follow.
I am sitting here waiting for it to get light out so I can walk the dogs. They don’t seem to be worried about it. They are sleeping. I plan on working on the wall hanging for hubby. I had used some cream color for an inner border and didn’t like it. So I looked through my stash and found some black. It is perfect. Now back to the Flying Geese blocks for the border. So that is my day today. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Lois - I cant wait to see your Gnome quilt.

Suzette
Suzette

velvet

Post by velvet » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:03 am

Today is a sew-in at the rec ctr for qov. So far we should have 38 people. (Hopefully) So I'm having my coffee and getting ready. Have to be there by 8.

Have a great day
Diane

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:06 am

Good morning,,,it is very very windy here in the north, Lake Superior is full of large waves.. This vacation has been so relaxing. Tomorrow we move to another campground and say good by to Lake gitchi gumme..(Ojibwa for great water) Today we will meet some camp friends for dinner and the guys will probably go to a beer fest...I dont like beer so I will stay at their camp..

Hope you are all having as much fun as i XXXXOOOO

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:21 am

Hello everyone,Part clouds here today.Feel for those devastating by the Hurricane.Bahamas was torn up.And Tornados hit along Coastal Towns.

Our DGS,DD & Girlfriend are coming this morning so I better get moving.Have much to do because I slept late.Didnt sleep good. Becca

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:25 am

Morning
Posted before but it went poof..oh well.
Cleared to play with weed whacker, it's a small electric & doesn't weigh much. Lawn mower & hammer drill has to wait. Hammer drill is to remove ceramic tile from kitchen & entry way..
Joe is still down with whatever crud is going around.
Flo

womster

Post by womster » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:37 am

Good morning!

DH is ready to leave for breakfast so I have to keep this short. I was released from the hospital on Thursday - WOOHOOOOOOOO!! I don't mind saying this was a hairy one. My heart rate kept climbing and climbing (along with BP) and wouldn't stop no matter what drugs they threw at it. When the HR hit the 190s the nausea kicked in, which is when they started pushing all kinds of meds thru my IV. Long story short, the third cardioversion worked. YAY!

Thanks for the prayers - they were very much appreciated. Well the lights are flashing so that means my time with you is done for today. Have a great one! xoxo Sharona

p.s. - will catch up with everything before Monday.

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:31 am

Good morning all! Not much planned for today. It is college football day and my Wolverines are playing Army. Will be a tough game. It is quite chilly here this morning. I even bit the bullet and turned on the furnace to take the chill off of the house a bit.

Sharona - So glad you are out of the hospital and home. Take care of yourself.

Will come back later and read all of the posts. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Sherry

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:38 am

Good morning,

A couple of days ago my brother, Albert, and I were talking about how fast this year is going. Now I know why! Just this week alone we've had Sept 14 and now Sept 9. My calendar seems to think it's only Sept 7th! :lol:

SHARONA - I am sooo happy to hear you are home! That was a scary ordeal! Now promise us you won't be doing that again!

LOIS - Good news to hear your eyes are good. What were the results of your carotid artery scan? Love your gnomes. So are you doing one set of gnomes and the last one is Christmas, ala' calendar style? Or are you doing two full sets of gnomes, the second in Christmas fabrics.

FLO - Enjoy the whacking!

SUZETTE - so had you already sewn the cream onto the panel and have to frog it? I think black would look good, too - or even a dark burnt orange. Or both. Like flames. That would be cool.

DIANE - soo??? How did you fair in Dorian? The last I heard it was headed right for your town as a Cat 2 storm. I assume all is well as you are going about regular business today, but what was it like? And damages?

JUDI - Hi to you at Lake Gitchee Gumee from me at Skookum Chuck (Chinook for Strong Water). Glad your camping trip is proving to be relaxing for you. You needed it! Will you be left alone to sew at your friends' camp or will you have company?

BECCA - Enjoy your company today.

MARY Q - I Filled out my Secret Santa Hint page as instructed. And I'm starting to think Secret Santa in my sewing room. Can't wait for my name to arrive!

CINDY - you are probably working like mad on your baby quilt today.

SHERRY - enjoy your game day! Hope all your teams win.

Yesterday, after meetings with doctor and nurses, the decision was made to put Uncle Ernie on palliative care. After close to 1-1/2 months he's making no progress and is still bat---- crazy. Even though we knew it was the right thing to do, it was still hard for us to make that decision. This means no more meds unless he asks for a pain reliever. No more restraints. No more wound vac. No more trying to force him to eat. He will be offered food every meal but the decision to eat it will be his. We also learned yesterday, via a letter that arrived from Ernie's insurance company, that his "girlfriend" crashed his pick-up into a BMW last July just before Ernie went into the hospital. This must have slipped her mind, right? It totaled the Beemer to the tune of $32,000 plus medical bills for the driver. Not much visible damage to Ernie's truck but it has a banged up bumper and is seriously out of alignment so Bill is going to take care of getting that repaired.

Today I HAVE to do some uglies. I am sitting on my couch and looking around and see a thick layer of dust on everything. How did that get there?? It's been breezy here but warm and windows have been open. I guess that's where it's coming from . . . And my sewing room still needs some serious cleaning. And so does the yard. Lots of options for enjoying the day! :roll:

Make your day a good one!
mary z

maryq

Re: Saturday September 7, 2019

Post by maryq » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:35 am

Good Morning Girls

No sunshine this morning, but it's still a beautiful day... It ain't' HOT and it ain't SNOWING, so it's all good!

Lois... Yikes that was a long day with your eyes dilated... but the good news is... your eyes are healthy! Do you wear glasses at all? I broke my good reading glasses and lost my Rx Sunglasses and I dread the thought of replacing them... cha ching!

Suzette.... Don't you love it when you find something is your stash you can use! But then a trip to the fabric store is always fun too.. I'm surprised Joann's has called to check on me it's been so long since I've been there! Glad the black is working out for you! Is this a surprise for DH?

Diane.... WOW you have 38 people sewing for QOV!!! That's AWESOME How bad did the storm hit you? Did you lose power? Were you able to have presentation yesterday?

Judi..... So glad you are having such a relaxing vacation. I could just and stare at the lake all day and watch the waves roll in. I often think of the "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" when I think of Lake Superior.

Becca..... Enjoy your company today. Do you have your TO-DO list ready for them to help you with projects?

Flo..... Okay so you can weed whack.... but do take it easy!!! My theory is... work a little---nap a little! Sorry to hear Joe is sick... hope he feels better soon!

Sharon.... SO glad you are home!!!! So scary to think of your heart just not behaving, but good to know they have you back in normal rhythm. You take it easy ….. remember the NAP thing!

Sherry... OH gosh... say it isn't so..... it's too early to turn on the furnace! Yesterday I almost turned on the AC..

Maryz…. I bet you would like to get your hands on the "Girl friend" I'm sure it was a tough decision to make for Ernie. We'll just keep him in prayers for a peaceful passing.
Have a few uglies to do around here too, but I don't wanna! I dusted just before I got sick and guess what... it's BACK!

You'll be happy to know I DID get out for my Target run yesterday... got groceries... but it sure pooped me out! Napped a bit then started laundry. Will finish laundry today while I sew a bit. Made the mistake of watching another MSQco tutorial yesterday so now I want to play with that! NO MARY FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED!

To all my Santa's.... Don't forget to go over to SWAPS and update your hints under the new hints topic. And IF you want to join this year... there is still time (arm twist Cindyg and Joan B. and Diane) to sign up!

Time for more coffee and do a little upstairs shine up... then down to sewing room!

Wishing you all a Super Saturday

ps... September lotto is up too!

Return to “Sew ins”