Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday, September 14

Daily discussions.
WeeOne

Re: Wednesday, September 14

Post by WeeOne » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:53 am

MaryZ, you are right. There's a house in Estes Park, my home is wherever it's parked.

MaryQ, here for 5 weeks.

Sharona, sending prayers.

CindyG, sounds like you had a good time, sorry about the board smacking your car.

We got back to Colorado Monday and parked at Transwest RV for the night. Took the Coach over to service yesterday morning for a couple of items. My brother, Larry, called me and told me that we are going to be calling hospice to come in for Mom. It appears that this past week she had a stroke or just deteriorated to the point that it's not good. I took Dad to see her yesterday morning and she was slumped in her wheelchair, did not have much reaction did, finally open her eyes and tried a little bit of a smile but I don't know how much she's still here. Dad's short term dementia is getting worse of course. I think it's going to be a hard month. I would appreciate your prayers. I know Mom needs to go home to God, but I'm still a little teary eyed over it.
Lyn

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:17 am

Good Morning Girls

OH what a beautiful day!!! Time to throw open the windows and let in the fresh air in... Maybe even wash a window or two :lol: :lol: :lol: Who am I kidding! I'm not washing windows today... I've going to SEW!!!

Suzette.... How funny----There's an Indian Motorcycle dealer about 6 miles from my house, I pass it every time I go to the Joann near my house. I wonder if they carry fabric there!

Lois.... I saw your Penguin.... so darn cute. I'm so wanting to start the Gnomes.. and I have looked at the chickens a few times and thought HOW CUTE.... but I don't dare!

Diane... Sending lots of prayers for you all on the East Coast... Hope you can have your presentation on Friday.. it would be a shame to miss it!

Jana... When your DH gets the railroad done, I'd love to see a photo of it! Does he decorate up for Christmas?

Flo... Sounds like you have quite a project going on at your house too. I seem to remember Joe tearing up stuff and re-doing your kitchen. Can't wait to see the finished project!

Maryz. Gosh it's got to be nice to have such a handy man around the house! He Plumbs, he quilts, he does burgers on the grill? You are one lucky gal! Yup Sept Lotto is up.... if you have a quiet moment today..... there's something you can do!

Sharon..... OH MY GOODNESS!!! I will be thinking and sending lots of prayers for you today... So scary to not get heart beating as it should! Hope they get can you back to normal rhythm ASAP so you can go home.

Cindy... Gavin and Hannah are having the baby this weekend???? Oh my gosh... I thought she wasn't due until October/November? Will send some special prayers for the little one.
Do they have a name picked out?

Valerie.... Hope you can sneak in a little sewing time this weekend.... sewing refreshes the soul... and it's good for the endorphins!

Lyn.... Will be sending lots of prayers out to Colorado... My heart goes out to you … May God watch over your Mom and grant her a safe and peaceful journey.

Never did get out of the house yesterday. Wasn't feeling my usual zippy self, so just kind of hung around... I did sew just a little bit, but felt the need for a good nap. Today I AM getting out, just far enough to go into town and get my hair cut.... Once I'm CUTE again, (tomorrow) I'll make my Target run. Getting low on TP and you know that can't happen! :lol:

Got a letter from my insurance company yesterday... seems they are denying the hospital claim.... apparently I wasn't sick enough for a 2 days hospital in-patient stay. SO this morning I have to make some phone calls and get info to file an appeal. I'm only guessing that the bill without insurance is going to be a doozy! Can you imagine... 2 days in, IV's,, Antiobiotics, blood draws 4 or 5 times a day.

Need more coffee to get the phone calls done.

Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:00 am

Good morning all! The water man just left from getting my water system ready for winter and changed the filter. he is also interested in some of Harold's large cabinet making machines so may-be I can sell him some. Any I sell goes toward getting my kitchen done next spring if something else doesn't go wrong. It is a beautiful day here so think I will work on some more cutting quilting pieces. Leave it to my DS1 to pick a pattern with toms of small squares in it. LOL

Yesterday I made apple salad, and creamy cucumber salad and have them setting up in the fridge. I like to have them set for about 24 hours before I eat them. Went to a local grocery store here that makes their own cookies and got some pumpkin ones. They are so good and only available between now and Thanksgiving. Also bought some and took to DS2's family. it is so neat that I can do that now after all the years in the Corps. I know it is not a big deal but to finally have both of my son's and family finally close is neat for me.

Becca - Finally got the thank you from your friend Hoppy Rogers. I have no idea where it was for the last 3 days. If her group needs more fabric just let me know. I still have more than I will ever use.

Valerie - So sorry about the hot weather. It has finally started to cool down here.

Sharona - Hope you are able to get home today. Hope they can get your Afib regulated.

Diane - Are you in an area where you have to evacuate? I have been following the storm on TV and will be praying for all of you in the way of Dorian.

Suzette - Like the idea of the Indian wall hanging for DH. My DH was a Harley Man. He had one when we first met and loved to ride on it.

Flo - Hope you get your A/C working soon of course by then you probably won't need it the way it is cooling down here.

Maryq - Hope you don't have too big a problem with your insurance company. I know what a mess it can be fighting with them.

Cindyg - So glad you got home safely from your vacation. Sounds like you had a good time.

Lyn - So sorry to hear that your mom is going to need hospice. Will be praying that God takes her into his arms when he feels it is time. I remember how hard it was to let go of my mother.

Well guess I had better go and get something done. it stormed last night for about 1/2 an hour so mowing is out for the day. Do need to do some sweeping and dusting. Yuck!

Hope everyone has a good day. Those in the path of Dorian stay safe.

Sherry

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:03 am

Good Cloudy a Bit Humid Morning...............

I thought I really lost it! Sept 14!!! I'm never sure after a no sleep night.

I'm sure I'll be able to post this today. :) Not much happening here. On Skype a lot with Kimberly. Her hand is feeling a little better. Her Primary Dr wants her to see a different Ortho because the 1st one do not put her in a hard cast. Good grief who can know 'should' happen.

I'm happy to say I finely did some sewing yesterday. Did the vertical sashing cut & sewed on.

Prayers for everyone effected by awful storm.

Suzette.....I'm sure that will make a nice wall hanging for DH. Flying Gees is a perfect border.

Lois......hope your feeling all tuned up.

Diane.......I agree the pictures from the storm are horrid. How much can a island take? Happy to hear you have taken precautions.

Kimberly just Skyped me I told her I'll call her back.

Jana......it makes me happy when you get to quilt with DGC.

Flo.....how nice it is for you to have a brother that can help even from NJ

Maryz......you don't know what you will do??? We all know better than that.

Sharona......so sorry you're in the hospital...prayers for a normal rhythm very soon.

Cindyg.......I hope it's an easy fix for your license plate. Happy you were not hurt.

Valerie......hope you are having a good day.

Love & Prayers.........Kathy

Here I go oh please post

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:20 pm

Jana, What would cause my EQ program to disappear from my programs? I clicked on my icon for it and it said it was not found. Now I am puzzled.

Mary/Rosebud

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:34 pm

Give me a chance to talk to my computer gurus and I will run that question by them. Sarah runs the latest version of EQ on her computer and may know how or why.

Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:52 pm

Good evening...I have internet maybe for a little while...it is sporatic///We are having a great time...today the weather was beautiful and we drove up with our camping friends all the way to th top of Michigan...it is the farthest you can go north...it was breathtaking...we then went to a monastary where Monks make thimbleberry jam///bought some of this. then to a mexican resturant that makes adult beverages out of thimbleberries...I happen to have never had them and thought they were ficticious...but they are real and delicious/ so were the drinks/ Tomorrow we will hed to our friends camp and a different town for a QUILT SHOP///I am excited about that/ then maybe some antique shops/// hope you are all doing well I missed you all///XXXXOOOO

Return to “Sew ins”