Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday, September 14

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Wednesday, September 14

Post by suzette58 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:21 am

Good morning everyone.
I hope everyone that is along the coast is safe. I was just watching the news and the Bahamas are devastated. Today I am starting a new wall hanging. I have to put my paper piecing in time out. The wall hanging is for hubby. He loves Indian motorcycles and we found a panel of an Indian motorcycle in a workshop. I believe it is digital. I am going to make Flying Geese for the border. In my mind it should look good. I hope it does. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Chriss - as far as the floor goes in our laundry room goes, we are leaving it bare cement. The cement looks great. I did leave linoleum under the water heater, washer and dryer. We are gluing it down today.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Wednesday, September 14

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:39 am

Good morning Suzette and all who follow,

Yesterday I finished a christmas gnomes block and started cutting out the penguin block but that's on hold until later I have to go to the chiropractor for our tune up and then food shopping.
Suzette you panel sounds nice how big is it.

Well that's all for now.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:38 am

Good morning to all. Hope everyone in the path of Dorian is safe. I saw the horrid pictures from the islands. Neighborhoods totally gone to rumble. I don't know how you come back from that. My prayers are for all affected.
Looks like we will get Dorian as a 2 so far depending on the path. We are as ready as we can be. Fingers crossed.
Fri. is a QOV but don't know is it will go on.

Wherever you are, please be safe.
Diane

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:00 am

Good morning!

Stay safe! We are keeping a eye on a wildfire just north of me. So far, it hasn't crossed over the top ridge of the mountain into our side of the valley. They are fighting it hard with the large aerial tankers and seem to have a good handle on it. As soon as it is daylight, the tankers will be up and flying again.

Ethan finished adding the last strips to his quilt. I have the borders cut and he can work on them. Sarah needs to buy a piece of black to add to the back piece of fabric, so it is wide enough to fit the top. He is doing a great job.

I have my October wall hanging sandwiched and will work on that today. Michael got more of the roadbed laid for the railroad. It is now where the lovely assistant is not needed. Both our hobbies are in the same area, so I could be called to help at anytime.

Not much else,

Hugs,
Jana

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:04 am

Morning
Dorian is sure tearing things up..poor people in it's path.
Yesterday circuit board came in. Joe installed it, and a/c still wasn't working right, so we called my brother in NJ ( he does commercial a/c). He said there is a second board we need to change. He is shipping it out & told us how to turn off built in dehumidifier so system will cool house...he was on Vacation when system went down so we had to try local guys.
We also bought new flooring for living room and kitchen! Today we go for wood to make cabinets!

Coffee is ready
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:15 am

Good morning!

SUZETTE - your Indian Mortorcycle project sounds like something any motorcycle fan would love. Is it the Indians that have a sort of wing in their emblem? If so, can you set the geese at the angle of the wing? (If it's not Indians but an SOB (Some Other Brand) please forgive. I know nothing.)

FLO - seems our forum often does things as a group. You're the third person doing flooring after Suzette and myself. Funny how things fall like that. We didn't buy any new cabinets, though, let along make them!

JANA - hurricanes to the east and fires to the north. Ya gotta stay vigilant! Glad you've been released from RR duty. That has to be such a fun hobby for Michael. Ethan will forevere love this quilt he made with gramma!

LOIS - I'll be seeing you at the chiropractor today. No grocery shopping for me, but I will be making a quick stop at Michael's for black embroidery thread. Those penguins are as cute as the gnomes.

DIANE - will you stay put for a Cat 2?

MARY Q - how ya doin' today? I see you have Sept. lotto up and running.

CHRISS - Any big news at your house?

CINDY - your weekend was a good one? Were Vicki and Steve with you?

JUDI is camping and texted me yesterday asking me to give y'all an update and to say hi. This I did late in yesterday's Sew-In. It was stormy yesterday for her but hoping for better weather today.

Bill installed our new laundry tub yesterday. He has to finish plumbing it today. Otherwise, quiet day here. Don't know what to do with that! lol!

Piece!
mary z

womster

Post by womster » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:23 am

Hi ladies -

I’ve been in the hospital since Monday - hope to leave tomorrow. Afib reared it’s ugly head again, only this time they were unable to get my heart to convert to a normal sinus rhythm. Fingers crossed that tomorrow everything is back to normal. Xoxo Sharona

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:36 am

Sharona so sorry to here you are hospitalized
Prayers for you and for your release soon.

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:17 am

I've been trying to catch up on all the posts that happened while I was away. I still have to read Monday and yesterday's but it will have to wait until my lunchtime. We had a great time camping with Vicki and Steve. We fished Friday and Saturday for just a few hours each day because it was SO hot. We rode around in the boat a bit to cool off. Anyway, it was very relaxing. We forgot Tootie's "room", her crate, so we had 3 dogs sleeping with us in a queen size bed. Got home Monday afternoon and had to make that trip across town again to get Don's 18-wheeler and, as I was following him to the place he parks it, a 3 X 3 piece of plywood came flying from under his truck and I had no choice but to hit it. It bent my front under bumper and ripped off my license plate. So now I have to take the time to go to the courthouse and get replacement license plates and the line is at least an hour long. UGH There goes one lunch break! Last night I went to quilt guild and did show-and-tell of my sister's quilt. I need to take pix of it and then I will give it to her. Must start on the baby quilt. They will induce Hannah (Gavin's girlfriend) this weekend because she has eclampsia. Gotta get busy and there's no more news.

I hope everyone can fondle some fabric today.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:55 am

Good morning world!

Hoping it is a bit cooler today. Not liking this hot weather.
Jana yes I am in Mount Diablo Council, Silverado district.

Sharona sorry to hear of your heart difficulties. Praying the doctors can set things straight ASAP!

Wow Cindy that's a scary scenario. Glad it wasn't any worse!

Not too much new here.

Prayers for those in the path of Dorian.

May get some sewing in this weekend.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”