Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday September 1, 2019

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Sunday September 1, 2019

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:02 am

Good morning Everyone,
Wow where did august go time is just flying
Yesterday I went in my sewing room I finished my 9th gnome block and started my gnome christmas I receive my fabric order so now I'm ready for the penguin's.
Well there is nothing new on this horizon so everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Re: Sunday September 1, 2019

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:24 am

Good morning Lois...Your Gnome quilt sounds like fun.

Beautful sunny day here,,,Hope the hurricane blows itself out...I have famliy in FLorida Georgia and South Carolina...praying they are all safe.

Well today is final packing day,,,we will try again tomorrow morning, Ken got himself a new GPS since somwonw decided to help themselves to our out of our truck. Ken deactivated it on the website so they will have a tough time using it...It is sad that some folks dont respect other poeples property.

I did cut a few more blocks on the vintage Christmas quilt and did some more stitching on the woolie table runner..Slow but sure wins the race they say,,,

Well I need coffee everyone else inthe house is still sleeping,,,hope God smiles on you all today.XXXXOOOO

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:05 am

Morning
I agree Lois..where did August go.
Judi hope your trip is uneventful.
We went to last day of town festival last night . I packed a picic dinner complete with homemade cookies. It was nice.
Today is nap time after church.
Coffee is ready
Flo

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:19 am

Good morning everyone,nice here .

The Shower Yesterday was nice.I posted an update on Twins under The Prayer Request.Taylor Wanted me to express their Thanks for all your prayers & I gave her a big hug from you.She said the prayers keep them going.They got a lot of really nice things.So many cute little outfits & she got a raggy quilt from someone.I gave them my 2 I made.They got a lot of books because everyone brought them.Her Mother told me they read to the Twins every nite.

I got the sheets washed & bed dressedfor Denise & Mark.They are coming on Tuesday & told me to have my to do list ready.

Must get moving.Im sleeping late because I am not sleeping good.Have a great day everyone.
Maryq Glad to see you are doing better.We missed you. Becca

patches4

Post by patches4 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:28 am

Just heard that hurricaine Dorian is now a category 5. PRAYERS being said to anyone and all near the path of this monster storm . Prayers also for all in need, and safe travels for all.
Hugs and love to all,
TinaB
Patches4

velvet

Post by velvet » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:33 am

Good morning to all.
We have gas in the car, have extra water, generator on alert. Hopefully the storm makes a sharp turn and goes out to sea and not land. Fingers crossed. If it is a "5" storm- I think we will leave for inland.
Keep safe.
Diane

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:55 am

Good morning,
Hope everyone’s day is off to a good start.
Have been gone it seems like forever but was really just under a week. The seminar went good, all the trainers were good (well maybe one not so good) but learned a lot. I already have used the program they were teaching but it has changed some since I last used it.
Dad got sick while I was gone and DH had to take him to ER. He had some vomiting and the other end and became dehydrated. After some IV fluids and anti nausea medications he was sent home. He has been okay since.
I will try to catch up on all the posts sometime in the near future. At least try to hit the high points.
Mary glad you are feeling better. A living will is a good document to have. I would also recommend you appoint a Power of Attorney for finances and medical. When a patient comes in who can’t speak for themselves, that is one of the first questions asked. Who has POA.
Grammie I am also trying to get going on the Vintage Christmas. I have the manger block cut and that is it. May attempt to sew a bit today. Sorry to hear about the GPS. I just angers me that people think it is okay to just take things. No respect.
Oh Flo, send some of those cookies my way!
Becca glad you were able to get out and do something fun.
Prayers for everyone in the path of Dorian.

I don't find the update on the twins?
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:34 am

Good morning!

Thinking of, and praying for, everyone on the East Coast, especially in the Carolinas. We have family in NC as well as my DD#1 and DSIL, Lara & Lee, who just moved to WA.D.C. area. Will be keeping an eye on this!

BECCA - sending love, hugs, prayers to the twins. I'll go read the update in a minute. I'm happy the shower was such a success. Taylor needed that! Be safe in this storm!!

JUDI - Glad Ken got a new GPS, but a bummer that he had to. I hate thieves. Bill always leaves his GPS in the truck. I always nag him to put it out of sight. He always says, "no one's going to steal it because everyone has them in their phones nowadays." And so it goes. I hope you make your getaway and have a stellar time on your trip!

FLO - a picnic supper sounds like such fun!

LOIS - Are your gnomes all Christmas or will you make a second gnome quilt in Christmas fabrics? They are so cute!

DIANE - Having lived through the equivalent of a Cat 2 storm when I was 11 (Columbus Day Storm of 1962), I would be out of there. Now. I would board up my windows, put my yard furniture into the house, gather up my precious pets, and I would be gone before the highways are jammed. On TV we see people say they stay 'to protect their house'. What can they do against a Cat 5 storm??

MARY Q - so happy to see your post! you are sounding like your old self again! Are you feeling up to sewing? Do your stairs wear you out? And yes, I have that many books. I usually have two books going at a time - one paper and one audio. I love reading as much as I love sewing. My mother was my school librarian and Autumn is co-director of a community library system, and my son, Mike, is an author. We are a book-loving family.

Yesterday we got our 300# wood stove set back in place on our new rock hearth. A big job. Then we went to friends for wine & nibbles to hear about their fantastic Alaskan cruise. Later we noticed Vicki's kids at her house. She has been watering our cement pad constantly for 5 days but moved her sprinkler just before the kids arrived. We contacted the kids again 5 days ago about the promised (but never seen yet!) rat exterminator, reminding them that it's cheaper to do just one house instead of two houses and a trailer. No response. And Uncle Ernie remains in hospital limbo. We did learn he wrote a check for $1,000 cash four days before he fell. The hospital gave his wallet to to his young 'lady friend'. We finally got the wallet back but there was no money left in it. And when Bill asked her if Ernie has been paying her bills, she said 'yes'. We got his truck back from her but my DBIL (a sheriff's deputy) was pretty sure it had been siphoned of all but the last half-gallon. Ernie is 84. His 'girlfriend' is somewhere between 35-45 we think. So we've had a lot on our "plate of concern" this past month. At least we're not bored!!

I did get time to sew for about 1-1/2 hours yesterday! What a nice break it was!

Offering prayers for all in the path of Dorian.

mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:24 am

Good morning!

We are hot! Expected to be over 100 today and tomorrow. Never that hot in September, only once before since they have kept records. Prayers for the southern states.

Not much here. Church and resting up from the first section of washing carpet. I will have Cup and Pint tomorrow, so I don't want to deal with them and wet carpet at the same time. Cup, Lila, is a bit too little to let in the Batt Cave to play with the toys down there. Waaaaay too many other things to get into. No way to baby proof. Today I will straighten my kitchen and that will becit.

The kids wil be down for Church today, then back up to camp and come home tomorrow.

Hugs, and lots of prayers
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:14 am

Good Morning Girls

It's a bit overcast here this morning and it's time to dig out the sweat pants again, but I'm loving it. Summer isn't over with us yet, but these cooler days are sure a blessing.

Lois.... You're doing the Penguins? Did you order a kit of fabric for them or just an assortment? I'm hoping I can find all I need for the Gnomes for the tree skirt in my scrap bucket---though I would LOVE to go shopping and start with all fresh FQ's. I do have a fair amount of Christmas Fabric. Before I go sick I was sewing up my flannel burb clothes and little blankets... want to get those done before I start the Gnomes, but it's killing me! LOL

Judi... Sorry to hear someone walked off with your GPS... I think you're right... it's about respect. Hope you get off on your trip as planned with no delays! You taking a sewing project--like yo-yo's or hexi's?

Flo..... How fun... a good old fashioned picnic!! Complete with homemade cookies! Enjoy your nap.... I just may join you later this afternoon!

Maryz…. It's always so sad to hear of a vulnerable adult like Ernie being taken advantage of by some young gold digger! Does anyone have POA that can call and cancel all his credit cards? Glad you go the truck back. Hopefully the title for it is in Ernie's name only. Is he lucid enough to be able to sign a POA if he doesn't have one already. AND RATS!!!! I imagine you've called the health department? Got to be so frustrating... to see the kids do so little to help resolve the issue. So glad you got to SEW finally... Everything done? How did your friends like the Alaska Cruise? Not that we need a reason to go to AK!!

Valerie..... SO glad your Dad is okay. When I went to ER that's all I was expecting was some IV fluids and then a discharge home. Didn't realize how sick I really was. I've had a POA form sitting in my office for months! TODAY is the day I'm going to fill it out. Since Kevin is the only one close by--he's nominated--but he has the business degree and Jen is a disaster with money :lol:

Diane. I'll be keeping a watch on Doian and praying that he/she totally misses you! Good to know you are prepared. How far are you now from water's edge? Not that it matters because the rain and wind doesn't stop at the shore line right? See, we Minnesotan's don't know much about hurricanes! Lots of prays coming your way.

Becca.. How nice Denise and Mark are coming and are ready to tackle your to-do list! I'll have to go back and check up their update and see how the twins are doing. You know prayers are coming constantly! Such good news that Brodee is responding to meds and that they are eating!!!

Jana... OMG it's still that hot in UT? UGH.... I try not to do too much chores on Sunday--I figure God rested on the 7th day, so should I.

Don't forget there is still time to sign up for Secret Santa! Since I've been out of it for a little I'll extend deadline to September 13 to SIGN UP.... Then I'll get names out by the 18th.

Time to go SEW!

Return to “Sew ins”