Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday September 1, 2019

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Re: Sunday September 1, 2019

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:31 am

Mary Q I just bought fabric from a shop in pa for the background I'm winging it with whatever I have.

Lois

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:54 am

Good morning, Happy Sunday.

There is a news story on Good Morning America about making clothing in America. they show a company called American Giant that makes clothing out of everything from growing cotton to the finished product in America. Puts American families to work and helps the economy. Cool story.

Maryq, so glad the lab work came out ok. You are smart to make sure your will is on track. Funny how an experience can make us wake up. After dealing with grandma's stuff my motto is get a trust and put everything in it and also downsize. Hope you stay all better and don't need to use your will for many years.

Lois, August did seem to fly by. Love that you are loving the fatcat patterns. have you visited her website and seen all the patterns she has? your gnomes are going to be adorable. Can't wait to see your penguins.

Judi, does the old gps have a "find my gps" tracking function? glad Ken could disable it. Hope the hurricane fizzles out too. I always laugh people who live in hurricane or tornado areas wouldn't want to live in earthquake areas and visa versa.

Flo, what kind of home made cookies. Maybe I wanted to have a picnic dinner and a cookie. Glad escrow closed and that project is done. You've been a busy girl this year.

Becca, I can't find the twin update but pray it's favorable. glad the shower was nice, very cool the parents read to the babies. I really think that is neat. Also glad you gave their mom a hug. Sometimes things get focused on the kids and it's good to let the mom she is also loved and cared about. Today when little kids are forgotten about by parents leaving them locked in hot cars or dropping them off at any old baby sitters house, or ignoring them, your twins have dedicated loving and concerned parents. They both deserve that hug and more. Those babies have great role models.

Diane, I was surprised to see the news and how many people in Florida are waiting till now to fill up their gas tanks and get supplies. We still have gallons of water in the garage from the fires in our area a couple of years ago and during that time never let our gas tanks get below half full. I wonder why people don't prepare? I'm glad you are ready and prepared.

Valerie, welcome home, it has been a long week. Glad your dad is home and well. You are right about the power of atty. I think I still have a copy in my car from being grandma's POA. All medical type people and places wanted a copy. It's good to keep a copy in your glove box because when you get the call to meet at the hospital you are usually not traveling with the person you have the POA on.

Maryz, Glad Vicky's kids were there, hope they were able to do something. whatever happened with APS and the report you filed. Sorry about uncle Ernie's girlfriend, hope that something can be done but it sounds like Ernie willingly wrote the check. I agree with you about leaving rather than staying to protect the house. I have already told Jerry that if a fire hit here we would leave the house and everything in it. Our insurance would pay to put a new house and contents and we wouldn't miss a thing because everything here is just stuff.

Jana, I bet it's fun at your house with just the little ones. I believe God gave us kids to keep us smiling. they do and say the cutest things. give each a smooch from me.

I am amazed at the call for background checks. When Jerry and I were going to adopt Marilyn we had background checks done on us. Finger prints sent to local agencies as well as the FBI. Jerry also had a background check when he became a volunteer fireman. His background checks came up with three different answers. I feel, in my uneducated opinion, that mental health is really the issue. I wish this country would realize the gun is the weapon. Just as the car is the weapon for a drunk driver. It's the person using the weapon that has the problem that needs addressing. Just drives me nuts. and I am now stepping down off of my soapbox.

Jerry is starting a big breakfast. he is mixing up the buttermilk biscuits for the oven now, bacon is ready and potatoes are cooking. I am the egg frying lady. Funny, when Jerry and I were first married we went to Illinois to so I could met his grandma, she taught me how to fry eggs. She simply said use oil instead of butter. Haven't had a bad fried egg since.

I got side tracked yesterday and didn't get to make binding. Hoping today is much different.

You all have a great day, stay safe from any storms or travels. Prayers for everyone.

Chriss
Psalm 91

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:42 pm

I just thought Id check in and read since I am packing up the computer. Camper is pretty well packed,,,a few items on the table to carry out...note written for DS#2 so he can gat things done while we are gone...I have to remind him to water my plants,,,there are 7 house plants all left from funerals of important people in my life and I donr want them to die. Its like a little piece of the dear ones lives on.

I will be taking hexis, cathederal windows, yoyos, and a woolie project and 4 books...Usually I dont get much of that done..but I am prepared. I will get back onhere maybe Monday night if we have wifi.

Take care of yourselves and each other...XXXXOOOO

Return to “Sew ins”