Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday, Aug 31st

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Saturday, Aug 31st

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:20 am

Good morning,

SHARONA - that was some epic police activity you were witness to! Shades of Live PD TV show! Glad you were running late! Yes, I will try to get a few photos soon. Y'all have suffered through this reno with me and deserve to see the finished product. lol! What are you working on in your sewing hole?

CHRISS - there you are! I've been missing your early morning posts. Yes, I've read all the books in this house - probably about 700. Many of them 2 or 3 times. I even have a 4-foot bookshelf in our trailer filled with favorite paperbacks. I rarely go to garage sales anymore either. One of the nice things about re-doing our floors is that everything had to come out of the house so I purged as we packed and purged again as we unpacked. A lot of stuff went away but only two books. :D But a few years back I did donate about 12 boxes of books to the library used book sale.

TINA - aren't there some kinds of fish that will keep your pond from getting cloudy? They eat the algae? Or is that just in fish tanks ? One thing, if you have a cloudy pond it's harder for predators to spot your fish and turtles.

LORI - have fun on your trip! The Garden of Quilts sounds awesome! We've never been to Thanksgiving Point but we've passed it a few times as we've zoomed down the freeway.

I think I have most of the house back in shape. Bill says he brought in the last of everything from our shop but I know a few things are still missing so I'll have to go look for myself. His sister and DBIL were here for an impromptu supper last night. They'd been to see Uncle Ernie. No appreciable changes there. Bill has stopped most services to the house, had the mail forwarded to our address, and we now have his truck parked in our back yard. Becky cleaned the house yesterday and we'll have the locks changed this week. We just don't see him ever returning home again to live. :( But hope springs eternal.

In sewing news, I sadly have none to report. I was lucky to be able to sit at my machine for only about 30 minutes a day this past month. But things will be picking up soon - I hope.

Have a super Saturday!
mary z

grammiequilts

Re: Saturday, Aug 31st

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:26 am

you beat me by 4 minutes,,,its all yours...

good morning, it is the last day of august,,,summer flew by...I see the leaves in my back yard starting to take on the fall look...no more vibrant green...Black walnut trees are already shedding the yellow leaves...

Today I will pack the camper again and we will leave Monday morning to 2 weeks up north in the upper penninsula. I am hoping for cool fresh air, campfires and good compnay..

I have been doing a little sewing,,but not much mojo...I did look at Lori Holts new sew in but decided to pass as I have enough to do...right now....and I have a whole other projrct to do as this year I am making new wreaths for Christmas decor...and its time I got out all the stuff I bought on clearance last december, and got a few of them started...now to find my trusty glue gun,,,

well off to get coffee...have a wonder ful day XXXXOOOO

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:52 am

Good morning everyone,sunny here.

I will get update on Twins today at the shower.Levi is staying with the babies and Just Taylor is coming

Sharona Sure Glad you were running late.And you are ok.

Chris Good t hear from you.I haven’t been to a yard sale in ages because I don’t want any more things.

Maryz I donated A lot Of books after Christmas last year.Only kept my favorites.So Denise won’t have to.Now you can relax.

Judi I thought you were still on the road.Hope the next trip is uneventful.

Kathy Prayers forKim.Hope She is improving.

Have mumbo dance to do & go to Shower & whatever else jumps up.Im not looking for jobs.lol Have a wonderful day to all. Becca

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:26 am

Morning
Closed escrow on project house yesterday. Broke even, but nice to have it gone.
This weekend Lions host fall fedt in out town. Usually we work out tails off, but this year taking a break. Tonight we will go sit & hear music, but not work. Joe was treated very bad from one member at tractor pull & rest of club made excuses for this turkey.

Coffee is ready
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:48 am

Good morning!

Oh it wil be quiet here! All my family are off camping together. They all will be home Monday. Aaron and Kate are on duty off and in this holiday weekend and I will have Pint and Cup, Gracie and Lila in Monday.

Ethan worked on his quilt yesterday and he has three strips left to sew and then borders. He is doing such a good job. Sewed the charms together very well, that as I pin for him, it is going together without a bunch of tugging ! The strips match up perfectly. What a quarter inch foot and slow machine speed can do for accuracy!

I will get to sew later. I still have carpet to wash and I want to make some freezer meals, so I can sew and still eat at later times.

Not much else here, Chriss's rooster is cheerfully waking up the neighborhood!

H7gs,
Jana

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:58 am

Good morning Everyone,
Yesterday I cleaned today I already went to the grocery store got that out of the way and now I'm sitting having coffee and in a few minutes I will go in my room to start tracing my ninth block and then I will sew it down.

Mary Z you are like the enerjezer bunny you just keep on going.

Becca have fun at the shower i will keep the twins in my prayers.

Flo sometimes it's better to be just a spectator.

Jana i envy you having someone to teach your passion to.

Sharona so glad you were 20 minutes later.

Judi have a blast enjoy your vacation.

Well that's it for me enjoy your day.
Lois

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:13 am

Good Morning Girls

Once again I'm a little late to the party. I looked at the clock when I woke up and thought it said 8:45... nope... 9:45~ Normally I really do hate sleeping this late, wasting good sewing time, but I guess I must have needed it. Though I am feeling SO much better!

Maryz… What wonderful news that things are getting back to normal at your house. 700 BLOOKS! OMG. It's so hard for me to sit and read, tho I did start reading the Erma Bombeck book you sent. How old is Uncle Ernie... You just never know what God has mind sometimes.. Not that Ernie would be well enough to go home, but being well cared for at a facility could be the best thing for him.

Judi.... Sorry your trip was delayed a little, but with the leaves starting to turn I bet it will be gorgeous up on the UP! My folks used to take a trip to No. Minnesota along Lake Superior and my dad would take the most gorgeous pictures. I have several he enlarged to 14x20" Hope the weather stays good, cool, but not too!

Becca...… Think about those babies all the time! Sorry to hear Brodee as meningitis, but sending lots of prayers that they can fix him right up! Are they still gaining weight and eating now? Will be anxious to hear from Taylor. You give her a bug hug from all of us and tell her we are rooting for those babies!

Flo... What a relief it must be to have the project house SOLD! One house is bad enough to have to keep up--never mind two! These days, breaking even ain't all bad!

Jana.... Will keep Aaron and Kate in prayers this weekend.... more people on the roads … hope they have a QUIET weekend! How cool Ethan is having fun sewing with you. I would love to spend a whole day with Corinne sewing as she loves it, but she's such a busy girl and goes back to school on Tuesday!

Lois... Are you working on block 9 of the Gnomes? OMG they are so sticking cute and I'm so ITCHING to get down stairs and start finding fabric. I think for now I'm just going to make pieces for a tree skirt. All in Christmas prints, for the hospice home. BUT did you see the Penguins???? I had to buy/download those too. Now I can't decided if I want to do reversible skirt --- gnomes on one side penguins on the other. Just have at wait until my body energy lines up with my brain energy!

Had my check up with DR. yesterday! All my labs were spot on. Not only did I have pneumonia, but my potassium level and sodium levels were low... which as you nurses know can cause some serious problems. Dr. gave me an inhaler to relief the tightness in my chest and sleeping with a vaporizer seems to help. Man I just NEVER want to be that sick again. Brought home some papers for "Living Will".... this whole thing has made me a little scared about a "next time"... Not that I plan on kicking the bucket any time soon (I have too much fabric too use up) but I don't want me kids to be stuck not knowing what to do. At this point I want EVERYTHING to keep me going... until my brain is totally DEAD

Think I'll go see if I can get a small project or two done this morning. Trying to do just a little at a time. Hoping in a week or so I'll be ready to really get down to it!

Thank you all again, for your thoughts, prayers, cards and for just being there! I love you all.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:31 am

Good morning all!
Maryq, so glad you're feeling better!
Becca, prayers for those sweet babies.
I don't have much going on, I do need to get in my computer and do some things ASAP and I've got to pay bills again, ugh. All brain work so I hope my brain stays clear for it all.
Sorry this is short but I've got to get those things done first thing.
You all have a great day!
Tina

Return to “Sew ins”