Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday August 30th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Friday August 30th

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:36 am

Good morning it is a beautiful day here,,,I am off to sit with the kiddos while Colleen and Jeff go to an apppt. School starts tuesday here,,,We are sheduled to leave Monday morning,,I am back to excited mode...It has been a bad bad week...We picked up the truck and camper yesterday and when we got home we discovered someone had stolen our GPS out of the truck...we called the repair shop back but no one will admit to anything,,,we should not have left it in there but hind site........it has to get better from here....right?

Praying for becca's babies...and everyone else who may need,,,XXXXOOOO

FlorenceM

Re: Friday August 30th

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:49 am

Morning Judi & all to follow
Judi, that's horrible that GPS was stolen while at shop! So sorry, those are expensive.
Doc appointment went well. 1 more week of taking it easy.
Prayers for everyone in path of Dorian.
Flo

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:53 am

Good morning Judi,
I am so sorry to here they stole your GPS you
Would think why would they want it just about everyone has it on there phones these days.
Dont worry your next week will be better.
Today I will do my uglies after we put thing back into place in the basement thank God that's finished.
And if I have a little time I might do the ninth gnome block and then there is only 1 more left for that quilt.
Mary Q you are welcome.
I should be getting a fabric order in the mail maybe tomorrow just in time for the penguin sew along.

Well there is nothing else new to report.
Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

velvet

Post by velvet » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:56 am

Good morning. Today is QOV at the cafe. Not sure of number. Always look forward to these.
Laura is not doing well-please keep her in your prayers.
Hope everyone has a good day. Don't want to post any longer than a few lines or the evil elf will eat it up and then it will go POOF!!

Diane

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:53 am

Good morning all! Sweetie goes to Vet in a little while for her blood test. Can't believe how well she is doing. She is back to her "ornery" self. She will have to take her medicine for the anemia for the rest of her life but I don't care. Smoke and I are so glad to have saved her. She has gone through so much since I found her. Smoke is her protector. If she meows weirdly he goes and checks on her. They play and sleep together.

Tonight I get to go and watch my oldest grandson play in his first football game. He is a senior but never played in Japan. His track coach got him into it since he is also the football coach. It keeps him in shape for track in the spring. He is not a starter but the backup kicker and hasn't done too bad in the scrimmages. I am excited to go and see him play. My younger grandson is playing Jr. High football. he is a tackle and first game is next week. I am so glad to get to finally see my grandsons in activities after all the years in the military and not here.

Judi - I do hope you finally get going on your vacation. So sorry about your GPS stolen. Seems like the garage should bare some responsibility since it happened there. Have a good time when you get going.

Flo - Listen to the doctors and take it easy.

Lois - Glad you got your basement done. Send some ambition my way please.

Diane - Will be praying for Laura to get better. Have a good time at your QOV outing today. I never hear of any of them around here. Will have to check and see if there are any groups in my area.

Well, better get going and get Sweetie ready for the Vet. She is not a big fan of riding in her carrier but at least she doesn't meow all the time while in there anymore.

Hope everyone has a good day and weekend. Tomorrow is Michigan Wolverines first football game. I am ready for it and will get my flag hung out today. Go Blue!!!

Sherry

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:37 am

Good morning!

It is appearing to be the begining of a beautiful day! We had a tiny bit of a thunderstorm last night, no rain, just noise. Today, I am heading to sew in the Batt Cave. I have finally got all the little accents sewn on the October wall hanging, so I can sandwich it and quilt it. I also have already traced my November wall hanging parts, but I need the right brown for the turkey. What I have is either too dark or too light. Guess that means a run to my LQS, oh shucky darn! LOL!

Hopefully today will continue to be a quiet one, no emergencies, or sod trucks getting stuck up a dirt canyon road!

Do something fun!
Hugs and lots of prayers,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:25 am

Good morning!

JUDI - sorry about your GPS. Bill always gets impatient with me when I remind him to remove our GPS from sight when we leave our vehicle anyplace. Our old truck was in a shop with two others one time in AZ - many years ago. That night someone broke in and stole several things from the other trucks but didn't touch ours. Bill said he was kind of hurt. :cry: lol! Glad you will soon be on your way!

DIANE - sorry to hear Laura isn't doing well.

JANA - oh no! :o Not a trip to the LQS!! Try to endure . . We had a nice thunderstorm last night, too. Only we got the rain as well. It was great! Warm enough to sit out on the covered deck and watch.

BECCA - praying hard for the twins!

I got about 1/3 of my books back on shelves yesterday. Hope to get the rest done today. Then I think we're about finished here. We still need to find and install a new laundry sink and put some baseboard trim in one closet that never had any, but otherwise, we are DONE. Back to splitting/stacking wood, I guess. . . I don't know how we ever had time to hold down jobs! I even took time to sew one block yesterday! That was a big YAY!

Wishing us all a full bobbin - of the right color thread!

mary z

womster

Post by womster » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:00 am

Good morning!

Judi - that is awful news about your GPS. I bet you can't wait to leave and put all this behind you.

Flo - glad it all went well at your appointment.

Lois - yay for the basement officially being done. It's always exciting to get a fabric order.

Diane - prayers for your sweet sister.

Sherry - I'm so glad you get to see your DGSs play sports. And very happy about Sweetie. It's so nice that she and Smoke sleep together. My cat is so mean to our dog that even sitting within three feet of each other will never happen.

Jana - have fun at the LQS.

Maryz - so we should be seeing pictures of your 'new' house soon, right?! Since you mentioned the laundry sink, I think we need a new one. It looks like the prior owners used ours to tie-dye or something. Yay for the sewing of the block.

Becca - prayers for the twins.

Maryq - prayers for you.

As I was on my way to Denver yesterday, I ran into quite a bit of police activity at the end of the first county road I hit. Long story short, a 51yo man had violated a restraining order and when confronted by the sheriff, tried to steal his gun and then jumped into a truck hauling an empty horse trailer (!) and took off down the next country road. Ran people off the road, intentionally hit another car, and then went to his house (!!) and was finally apprehended. Good thing I was 20 minutes later. The rest of my day was uneventful by comparison. Today I am headed to the sewing hole YAY. Have a wonderful and blessed day. xoxo Sharona

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:19 am

Good morning, it's going to be a great day today.

I took a vacation day today, makes for a nice long weekend. No set plans but today a quilt shop with new owners is having 20% off and tomorrow there is a little quilt show. the sale is 45 minutes from me and the show is a little over an hour away. I probably won't go to either. I do want to cut some strips so I can make scrappy binding for my charm quilt. Hopefully my scraps will make enough binding to go around that quilt and my bowtie quilt

The Jolly Jabber has the ultimate beginner quilt a long going on. they are on block 4 and they are basic easy to do blocks. It will make a good sampler quilt and I might give it a try.

Suzette, in the row swap quilt you are doing what were your colors and your theme? I am curious to know what you get back. How many rows will it have when it is done? Happy Son day today, I could use a Son day myself.

Sharona, I love chili rellenos. there is a restaurant near here that makes chili relleno burritos. It's a bean, rice and cheese burrito with a relleno in it. oh my gosh, it's so good.

Maryz, We have a few book shelves full of books. Not quite sure what they all are. A few are related to family history but most can be taken to the library book sale.

Katy, cool awards, yay for you. Is there a picture coming of your quilts?

Jana, you do go through lots of milk. when we had kids at home we did too. then they moved and we had sour milk. It was an eye opener to see how much milk the kids drank.

Maryq, looks like Lois has gotten a few people looking at those gnomes, She's a tempter. That illness really wiped you out. I didn't realize you weren't feeling well just learned you went to the hospital. I'm so happy to hear you are improving. You are one of my favorites.

Judi, I think that God has a hand in delaying you on that camping trip. There must be something keeping you delayed and out of trouble. Sorry about the GPS, perhaps a new shop is a good idea. Hindsight is always in play in everything isn't it? Is the Mackinaw bridge the one from Ode to Billy Joe? I read the book and thought it was quite steamy when I was in high school. Safe travels my friend.

Flo, yay for a good doctor report, you are really plowing through a lot of body changes. so glad things are headed in the right direction for you.

Lois, the gnomes are cute, I thought about signing up for the Christmas set but haven't even touched the free ones yet. She has a lot of great patterns on her site.

Sherry, how exciting for your DGS's first football game, how was it. did he love it? I bet he was the best player on the field.

Diane, prayers for Laura. hope your posting goes better.

Jana, if you come here we can go to the LQS in Oakhurst, they are having 20% off and I am sure they have turkey brown. I'll buy lunch.

Maryz, do you re-read your books? After cleaning out grandma's house I am so into downsizing. I'm trying to not even go to garage sales. Although I just did get an e-mail alert that my connecting threads order has shipped. they are having 20% off till 9/2 and I love getting an additional percent off of clearance items. their backing is also on sale and you get an extra 20% off the sale price, just sayin'. thanks for the bobbin full thing. I so appreciate that.

Sharona, I am thrilled you were 20 minutes behind. Guess God isn't ready for you yet.

Here's a really stupid thing. Schools here are putting detectors in school bathrooms to detect when a student is vaping, a silent alarm will sound and the violator should be caught coming out of the bathroom. On the other hand there is a bill to make schools have medical marijuana in their first aid supplies.

And on the news right now is a story about making meat out of stem cells. No actual animal is harmed in the process and vegans can soon eat laboratory made meat rather than the real thing.

Things just seem to be crazy upside down in the world. just makes me shake my head.

You all have a marvelous day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:22 am

Good morning all!
Judi, so sorry about your GPS being stolen.
Sharona, I'm glad you were 20 minutes later.
Maryz, yep we need pics!
Sherry, how awesome that smoke loves his new adopted sibling, he's a good big brother ❤
I can't remember what else I was posting. I'm outside at the pond supervising Frankie, it's easier than him asking me to come tell him where something goes every 15 minutes. My pond is starting to get cloudy sadly. I just but some barely bags in it to see if that will help....it's supposed to.
You all have a great day!
Tina

Return to “Sew ins”