Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

wednesday August 28th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

wednesday August 28th

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:03 am

Good morning this is day 3 without a car...spending the day in my sewing room.

we have actually found a place to camp in the upper. it is way up there and not with our friends,,,but we will head out Monday spend the rest of the week there then join our friends at another campground closer to the bridge for a few more days,,,not what I had planned but better than not going at all...

I will work on my UFOs both of them then start my chicken quilt, hope you all have a great day. XXXXOOOO

velvet

Re: wednesday August 28th

Post by velvet » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:37 am

Good morning-hope to hear good news from everyone.
The twins hoping their health continues. Maryq getting back to herself and maybe sewing.

Today I'm taking Laura to her pain management doctor. He prescribed a 8 day medication and a MRI. Her insurance company allowed only 4 days of the med and denied her the MRI. How do these people sleep at night??? Doctor orders and some person can deny it!!! GRR!!! Please keep her in your prayers today

Diane

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:44 am

good morning grammie what chicken quilt are you working on?? I have one from fat cat I need to get started. I just love it. I have to finish some ufos first.

I didnt make it into sewing room yesterday. spent most day running momma around to eye dr and to get new glasses. we had to pay for them and she didnt have any money with her so I go to pay and realize my wallet is missing--I left it on her table when I called dr for appt.
UGH scared me to death. they let me write a check and the eye dr had my drivers license on file lol so we got it all paid for. crazy.

lil man laying in mylap watching peppa pig on his tablet and mickey on tv. multi tasker like his oma lol he just crawled down to ride on scooter busy lil boy.

well today is getting my work schedule made. still waiting on my license to go through.

Mt washmore is taking over. we have had rain past two days. i like to hang it out good exercise for my arms and keeps electric bill down too.

DD was up at 3 fussing. OMG DH got her recovered, she cant do that so when she fusses we know she lost her covers. she finally went back to sleep but she talks herself to sleep, ugh 30 min before she got quiet. :roll:

nothing else new here. happy stitching all.

lori I looked at her blog I cant wait to see your quilt I love that pattern. I need to finisht my vintage farm one first I started that BOM before my accident and now am so far behind. I am doing it all by hand :) I want to quilt it on my treadle when its done. We shall see. I really love that fabric line she has too. but Lord knows I dont need more fabric :lol:

Hugs and prayers all
🐐izzy

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:08 am

Hello everyone,another cloudy cool day here.
TWINS hada good restful day & Are tolerating their food without a pic line.

Judi Glad you will get to camp some.

Diane Prayers for DS.The Medical system will drive you up a wall.And Insurance Cos do what they want.

Izzy Glad no surgery & will pray it continues to heal.Oh I know you were scared with no wallet.So Glad you found it & got Moms glasses taken care of.

Maryq Rest & continue to heal.Praying for you.

Flo Those UTI are no fun.Sure hope it’s better soon.

Kathy Prayers for Kim for healing & so glad you are doing so much better.

Must get moving.Dr appt for my check up this morning,then on to Groceries.Our recliners get delivered in the morning.Last nite DS & I was hunting for tin items.He is collecting them .i found him some family pieces.
Have a great day everyone. Becca

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:25 am

Morning!
Feeling better today.
Glad Judi will get some camping in. Hooray for twins.
Fiat is down, needs starter. Joe has it out & waiting for new one to come in.
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:33 am

Good morning!

Very windy and a red sunrise on a clear sky, can smell smoke from a far off fire.

Today I need to do a bit of grocery shopping. Not fun, but one of those have to's! Needs to be done early, so we are home here for Ethan to arrive after school. Milk is high on the list, as we are running short and it is a big necessity! Got to have milk! Later this afternoon I will make up a batch of wheat bread. Need to add to my list another bread loaf pan. I only have 2, which are at least 60 years old. They were my mom's and I have them now. I made bread with her every morning for several years, as we had orders from people for her bread. In 1962, we sold the loaves for 40 cents each.

It will be rug shampooing for the next two days as well here. I do the upstairs in sections, so it is easier on my old arthritic knees and hip.

Do something fun!

Hugs,
Jana

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:09 am

Good morning Everyone,
Today will finish whatever is left to do down the basement and maybe do my last load of wash they will be making the last dump run today and that should be it glad its coming to an end .
This afternoon I'm going to do a little sewing
Will see.
Judi I'm so happy your able to go camping enjoy your time away.
Flo I hope your uti is clearing to bad about Joe's car.
Diane insurance companies are a real pain.
Izzy so happy you found your wallet that is really scary.
Jana that's great to make your own bread do you mix it by hand or a bread machine.
Becca so happy the twins are improving i will keep them in my prayers.

Well that's all for today everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:11 am

Good morning,

FLO, glad you're feeling better. Sorry about the Fiat.

LOIS - I feel your joy at the basement project finally coming to an end!

JUDI , yay!! You're going camping!! And is there any reason you have to come back on a certain date?? Can you just hang out a little longer at the other end of your trip with your sweetie? Which chicken quilt are you doing?

SUZETTE - isn't your son due in tomorrow? How long will he be staying?

IZZY - glad the eye dr was accomodating. I hate that feeling when you find something important - like wallet or credit card - is missing.

DIANE - I'm so sorry about the insurance. Have you looked at a different policy for your sister? It seems she's had this problem before.

BECCA - What a great twin report you shared with us yesterday!

JANA - thanks! you reminded me to put whole wheat flour on my list, too! My mom used to bake 6 loaves of bread a day. She bought her flour in 50# cloth sacks (and made dresses out of them later!). Those were the days when all 6 of us kids were still home plus our house was afterschool headquarters for my 3 older brothers and all their friends who loved hot homemade bread slathered with homemade butter. You made me chuckle - you described cleaning your carpets and ended with "do something fun". Doesn't sound like you are practicing what you preach!

CHRISS - it's time for some reports, I think. How is Marilyn doing? I think of her often. How are (is?) GloRich doing? How is their house coming along? Your mom? And any snags being hit on Gramma's house sale or are we still just waiting out the 90 days? I assume you will let us know if/when the new job happens. But you should tell them they need to get a wiggle on because we're an impatient group! ;)

Yesterday a work crew covered our hearth and back wall in rock. They will be back this morning to grout it. And they were even kind enough to help Bill move a couple of the big pieces of furniture back into the house like my triple dresser and a large storage cabinet. Today is our last day of workmen.

Bill and his sister met with Uncle Ernie's doctor yesterday. They are baffled by his mental state. It's like he suddenly cracked with the trauma of the fall, the surgery, the anesthesia, the pain meds. It's been a month. They are going to wean him off all meds and see if that helps. But I don't think he's going to get any better. No rehab place will take him like this. He's been in the hospital since July 30th.

Today I really need to wash something. I haven't done laundry for more than two weeks. And I'll probably play in my sewing room a little bit. No marathon sewing sessions lately. Which is probably good for my back and hip. I might do some yard work instead. It's good to have choices, right?

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

mary z

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:13 am

Good morning all

I am dang tired of loosing post

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:25 am

Judi - I'm glad you are still planning on going camping even if it's not the original plan.

Diane - so sorry your DD was denied the MRI. Insurance fraud in the past is the reason the insurance companies are so uncooperative these days. Blast those dishonest people!!!

Izzy - sorry about the paying incident but at least your mom got her glasses and you didn't have to go back. Enjoy your Lil Man today.

Becca - those twinkies are sure fighters. I think they'll be home before you know it.

Flo - sorry about your UTI. It must be the time of year for them as you are the 3rd person I know that has a UTI.

Jana - sorry to read about the burn on your arm and hope it isn't too sore. I keep Neosporin w/pain medicine in it in the kitchen for burns. Works great. I have made bread only once in my life. The crust was so hard we had to break it open with a hammer - the inside wasn't too bad!

Today is my Friday - YEA!!! Grocery shopped last night then did supper and cleaned the kitchen. I finally sat down at 9:00 PM. I sure slept well! So after work today we are having Subway, I have two loads of laundry to do, will pack camping clothes and camping food. DH is getting the RV - it needs to be inspected so he can renew the tag then he's bringing it home to replace some lights and maybe wash the outside if the storms don't roll in. Tomorrow morning we'll give the dogs a bath and then hit the road. I really really really need this time off. I'm X-ing my fingers at Judi so her bad luck doesn't rub off on me.

I hope we can all fondle fabric today.

Return to “Sew ins”