Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

wednesday August 28th

Daily discussions.
womster

Re: wednesday August 28th

Post by womster » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:37 am

Good morning!

Judi – I’m so glad you found an alternative to not going at all.

Diane – that infuriates me. Payers for Laura and the appointment today.

Izzy – glad you got the glasses replaced even without your wallet. I love Pepa Pig. Sorry for the nocturnal rumblings – but it’s kind of sweet that she talks herself to sleep.

Becca – so glad that pic line is out. Happy new recliners! Tin items? I’ll need to google that. Good luck at your checkup.

Flo – so sorry about the UTI and glad to hear you are feeling better.

Jana – I love the smell of bread baking. How wonderful to be able to have something so precious from your mom.

Lois – woohoo! You know it’s almost done when the last dump run occurs. Glad you were able to get some sewing in.

Maryz – that is sad news about Uncle Ernie. That is a looong time to be in the hospital. I hope you do get to wash something so you don’t have to go starkers. And yes, it is good to have choices!

Katy – sorry about your post.

I didn’t get to post yesterday as we left early to take the dog to her spa appointment and while up in that neck of the woods got a half-bushel of roasted green chilies. Then we had to peel them (DH helped – I was SO shocked!) and then put them up in the freezer. Needless to say I was asleep ten seconds after my head hit the pillow. Today I need to vacuum and after that I’m going out to my sewing hole. Yipee! Have a wonderful and blessed day. xoxo Sharona

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:53 am

Good morning!
Judi, so glad you're still getting to do some vacation camping.
Flo, happy you're feeling better, sorry about your starter in your fiat. I have a very old fiat that I inherited from Mom before she passed, she had gotten it from her sister way back when I was little. I learned how to drive at about 9 years old in it. We're hopefully going to restore it, I want it painted Candy Apple Red!
Becca, great news on the babies!
Jana, I hope your burn heals quickly! We have to always have milk here too.
Sherry, I am addicted to all the Avengers movies, I have them all except End Game but I did see it at the movies and I have it saved in my online Wal-Mart cart to buy when I place my next order!
Izzy, I've done that! That heart attack you have when that happens is no fun! Glad you remembered where it was!
Lori, I love all her patterns and sew alongs but I got behind in the one with the Dresden plates and need to finish it before starting another one of her. The more I do the behinder I get!
Chriss, your chiropractor sounds great!
Maryz, I bet your house is looking new! Awesome! Sorry about Uncle Ernie.
Sharona, yummy chili! We will probably be putting some up over Labor Day weekend, I have to say Frankie helps every time thank goodness or we'd probably not get any done. We usually do 2 of the burlap sacks full each season. This year we're only doing 1 because we didn't run out for a change, guess we didn't eat enough chili last year 😂
The weather people lied big time about yesterday! They said we'd only be about 94 and we hit 106! Everybody was wilted yesterday even at Frankie's work! We did get a little storm and rain last night but not very much sadly. Now they're saying we're only going to be in the 90's all week.....we'll see if they're truthful this time.
Not much else going on here, just trying to stay cool and drink water. I'm ready for Fall! Oh, my pond is still Crystal clear! Usually by the 3rd day it starts clouding up so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the vinegar that killed the algae did it permanently and the natural enzymes are working to keep it clear! It's so nice to go sit at it and be able to watch everything swimming around, very relaxing!
Well I gotta go fix breakfast for Preston and start my day.
You all have a great day!
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:32 am

My bread recipe is very easy to make and I use my KitchenAid mixer to do all the work. It is a very nice, tall, fluffy loaf. I learned a trick from my MIL that I add some gluten flour with the whole wheat flour, which helps in the rise of the dough. The way to keep the crust soft is when it comes out of the oven, rub butter on the crust. Makes it extra yummy too! Nothing like a hot slab of fresh hot bread and butter, unless it is a Utah scone, with honey butter!

Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:51 am

Jana, Utah scones are delicious.

Tina, this is my first Lori Holt pattern. I like the templates.
Super easy to make shapes.

Izzy, I'm using my own fabrics. I do like her color pallet though.

Maryq, hope you are feeling better today.

Chriss, that bubble water bed sounds interesting.

Maryz, I have a few flower beds that could use some attention, but I just want to sew. I will have to work on them soon though. They are becoming a jungle.

I need to do some cleaning today. Then I will sew.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:23 am

Good Cloudy Day.........

I'm having a upside down day...up all night, slept real late & on the phone with Kimberly. I don plan on vac'ing the sewing rm & my bed rm.

Kimberly update: orthro said bone broken in several places but he thinks surgery not needed but going for a MRI or a cat scan so he can get a better look, I'm getting lost in this saga. She also has a appt with a wound care Dr for the injuries on her lower legs, she also has really bad edema due to her weight. She still needs prayers....thank you.

Happy to hear about the twins & maryq.

I read all your posts & what do I remember, milk & bread! Living on my own my milk usage is uneven so I keep some of the boxed milk on the shelf for the times I might run out. Bread? I miss the days I made all the bread for my family.

Love & Prayers........Kathy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:40 pm

better late than never,

Judi, glad you found a camping spot.

Diane, hope Laura is doing well.

Izzy, I loved Peppa the pig. Marilyn used to watch it all the time.

Becca, sure wish I had a new recliner. do you love yours? Every time I hear you say the twins are doing well I imagine their parents exhaling just a little bit more. I bet before you know it mom and dad won't be holding their breath at all.

Jana, I'm curious and you brought it up. Just how much milk do you go through at your house? All those growing kids and kids love milk.

Lois, is that basement all cleaned out? what will you do with the extra space?

Maryz, All is good here. Marilyn is taking choir as her electives in school. Richglo have their bedroom all done next adventure will be their kitchen but I think they will take a little break. Yay for you and your new floor and new fireplace and whatever else you are getting new.

Cindy, my Friday is tomorrow. guess you are in a different time than I am if your Friday is today.

Sharona, I love green chili's do you make chili relleno's? I love chili relleno'

Tina, I want cooler weather too. If you figure out how to make it happen let me know.

Lori, I have thought about the Lori Holt sew along but really wouldn't finish it. Instead I shopped at Ct because they are having 20% off their whole site. Even clearance. Yay for me. then I went to the QIAD site and bought a new ruler.

Kathy, glad Kimberly doesn't need surgery. sorry your day was upside down, hope that it's followed by the opposite.

Good night everyone, sleep well
Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”