Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday Aug 26

Daily discussions.
billizzy

Monday Aug 26

Post by billizzy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:41 am

Dr for me this morning. Keep me in prayer.

Had to report several posts this morning. UGH, I hate cyber crap and now our site is getting attacked with it. Hopefully, they will remove it quickly.

I sure hope MaryQ is feeling better.

Prayer for twins and hope they had a good weekend.

Prayers and hugs to you all. I got no sewing in this past week. I did help DH outside work on cleaning out barns. Gave my arms a great workout.

Happy stitching all. Gotta run lil monster just arrived.
🐐izzy

purrfect-lady

Re: Monday Aug 26

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:54 am

Good morning,

IZZY - good luck at the doctor today!

If case you missed the update on Mary Q she is starting to feel better but is tired. She is hoping to go home from the hospital today.

It's carpet day. Hooray! Yesterday was even better though - it was TOILET DAY!! And I'm happy to report that our new potty works excellently! Thanks to everyone who had input - it's a high stool, slow closing lid. Everything y'all asked for! :D Plus we got our 400# 105-yr old clawfoot tub positioned, leveled, and hooked up once again. I also got in two sessions of yard work - only about 90 minutes each - and even a little bit of sewing.

Today - washing sheets and drying them on the lines, maybe more yard work (but not too much!), and maybe some sewing (hopefully hours!). But first - chiropractor.

Make your day a good one!
mary z

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:53 am

Up early so I can go to work early. Have 9 am appt and want to get some things done first.

Keeping hydrated seems to be helping some with vertigo. As long as I don't move fast or bend too far forward it has been okay. Dr. Appt at 4pm today.

Mostly packed for my seminar. Printed and packed the address so I know where to go, noticed there is no start time? Hopefully that information will be sent today.

Not much else to talk about today. Prayers for Mary and the twins.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:14 am

Hello everyone,cloudy here.We had 70 yesterday & Supposed to have it for 3 days.Feels Great.

TWINS Great news!!! Brodee had a better day yesterday & is doing better.He is on the right Med now.Both are loving Mamas milk & growing.They both have scans again this morning.We are praying they are healed.Thank everyone for every prayer.They mean so much to all of us.

Izzy Prayers for a complete healing for you.

Valerie Vertigo is horrible.And you have Sooo much on your plate.Prayers for you too.

Maryz Know you are anxious to see the end.Hope it all goes smooth .

Maryq Prayers for healing & strength for you.We miss your post.

Late again & behind.Its Quilting at Chuch So gotta go.Hope everyone has a great day.
Becca

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:22 am

Good morning girls.

Lots going on for me today, at 10am I have a meeting to discuss that new job. After work I go to the chiropractor. Can't wait for both to be over so they will be resolved.

Valerie, hope you are doing better today. How long will you be at the seminar? Nice that DH is so helpful with your dad.

Lori, happy grannies garden day. hope you love it. Did you get some bargains at your LQS?

Velda, I bet it's fun, you can try a new block or layout and use the church charity quilts to try them in.

Izzy, I saw the posts you reported and deleted them. You're right, there have been quite a few lately. Jana, Lori, Maryz and I spent quite a bit of time this weekend deleting posts.

Maryz, I have a slow closing toilet seat lid and love it. Our seat also removes for cleaning. Jerry takes it completely off uses soap and water in the utility sink and puts it back. Worked so well we bought them for the other two potty's. Make sure the chiropractor is in a happy mood when you leave, I see him this afternoon.

Kathy, sorry your post didn't follow your instructions. I know I probably sound like a broken record. After you hit submit, if someone else has posted while you were typing, your post won't stay unless you hit submit a second time. You will need to hit submit again. I hit submit then scroll up to be sure I see my post before leaving the forum. It's an extra step but I think it was put in as a help rather than a hinderance.

Becca, yay for those twins. I just can't imagine the emotions their mom has gone through. If I knew her I would bring her flowers. happy quilting at church day.

Maryq, are you home yet?

Well that's my morning, you all have a super duper day
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:51 am

Morning
Glad Mary & twins are doing well ,& on the mend.
Gal to pick up yard sale stuff couldn't make it yesterday, but will be here today. Will call about part for a/c, if local company can't get it, my DB in NJ has it & can overnight it, but trying to give local guys the business.
I haven't seen posts you gals are talking about, but how do you delete someone else's posts?
Coffee is ready
Flo

patches4

Post by patches4 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:57 am

Good Morning All

Could we send get well or thinking of you cards to MaryQ? Do you think she would like this?
I would do it if someone sent me her address in a PM.

I know our thoughts and prayers are working too.
Have a good day everyone.
TinaB
Patches4

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:00 am

Good morning!

Thanks for letting us know about those posts. We try hard at keeping this site clear. If we miss one, just let us know. I sometimes wake up early here and check the site before most are awake, slept all night and see what happens!

Not much happening in my neck of the woods. I finished sewing the binding down on my wall hanging. Today I hope to get the next one ready. I am trying hard to stay ahead of each month's, but the darn month is running out faster than I can sew! Where is time going?!

Matt's kids came out last night. Logan baked a cake and brought it to share. They are all loving school. Even the littlest, Baden. He started preschool. So out of 10 grands, only one is not in school. My little Lila. Again, where did time go? I am not any older either!

A few uglies and will head down in my Batt Cave.

Hugs,
Jana

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:18 am

Good morning Everyone,

We are still in clean out mode so the is no sewing going on they are getting a load to take to the dump so far so good I will be so glad when it's done my son is coming to help carry some of his junk out so this way we are almost finished.
Nothing Else new to report .
Prayers for all in need

Lois

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:30 am

Izzy - you had to report posts from this site? Is it a good thing that your arms got a good workout over the weekend?

Maryz - we have one of those tall toilets at the office. I don't particularly like it. You're 2" shorter than I so I'm surprised you like it but I'm glad you do. And glad your bathroom is useable again.

Val - I hope you do OK at the seminar with your vertigo. I have trouble with balance which is irritating so I can't imagine vertigo.

Becca - that's wonderful news about your twinkies!!! Praise the Lord!!! I can't wait for 70* weather.

Chriss - wishing you luck at your 10:00 meeting. If you get this difference job, will it mean more $$$. I would say to enjoy your chiropractor visit but I've never been to one and it sounds painful so I don't know how enjoyable it would be.

Flo - I sure don't envy your AC being broken. I'd have to go live in a hotel - you know the saying - if you can't stand the heat, get out of the house!

Judi - sooo sorry about your truck troubles. I hope you are camping by now. What a bummer. Been there, done that but for us we only lost a day.

Well, it did take 1/2 a day on Saturday to get Don's truck business done. It had to happen because he's on vacation this week. The good news is that we stopped and ate at a restaurant that my mom and I use to eat at back in the 60's and the food is delicious. When we get back from out camping trip on Monday we will have to do the same thing in reverse - grrrrrr. The other 1/2 of Saturday I putzed around the house and did a load of laundry. Yesterday we went to the Astros game (we won 11 to 2) but first we met Vicki and Steve at El Tiempo for breakfast - it's very close to the ball park so handy. I surprised myself and had 2 margaritas. They were good and not so strong that I couldn't make it to the car. Went to the Astros Store and got our great grandson a little Astros bat and ball. It was "bring your dog to the ball park" day. I didn't know it or I would have taken Bitsy, the Pomeranian. They kept showing all the dogs on the big screen - everything from Chihuahuas to Goldens to Pitbulls and some were all decked out in Astros outfits. So cute!! After the ball game we stopped at Denny's and split a club sandwich then went to Academy for our fishing license. Got a text from my nail lady - she was rushed to the hospital as her blood sugar went over the moon and they put her in ICU. Please sent up a prayer is you have an extra. I was suppose to get my feet done this week - I guess I'll go camping with ugly feets. We are hoping to get the boat out on the water this weekend. For now I'm at work so must get busy.

I hope we can all fondle fabric today.

Return to “Sew ins”