Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday Aug 23rd

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Friday Aug 23rd

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:46 am

Good morning it is final packing day,,,,and as usual I am behind....I need to go to the fresh market today and gwt fresh stuff...turn on the fridge and gt the rest of the stuff out there...It is cooler today only 77 so all can go out. Ken sys he will be home from work early we shall see. grass needs to be cut, sheets need to be changed...I will be on line saturday night but will miss the prayer circle...I pray for everyine anyway.

hope you all have a great day XXXXOOOO

fabricgirl

Re: Friday Aug 23rd

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:23 am

Good morning Judi and all who follow,
Well today is ugly day when we are done I will take the next block k for my gnomes and trace iron on cut out and sew down after this week then there is 1 more block.
Yesterday I washed clothes and finished everything.
Judi when do you leave for your trip have lots of fun did you get any treasures yesterday?

Well that does it for today 1 more cup of coffee then we both will get busy with uglies
Everyone have a great day.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:34 am

Good morning,

JUDI - it's almost launch day! Hooray! I know you've been waiting for it! You're like me - I like to come home to clean sheets in the house bed, too.

LOIS - That's so great that your DGD is set up with a career - and you get to benefit! Love win/win situations. How many gnomes do you have done now? How many to go?

Our downstairs floor is in, finished, and beautiful!! We love it! Now all he has to do is our entryway in the middle of the stairway (it's a split level house) and the bathroom floor - both today. We get to go buy a new toilet this weekend. Sweet! Carpet for bedroom/closet comes next Monday and the floor guy comes back to put fake rock over the hearth. I don't have much going on in my sewing room lately. Guess I better start something so I have something 'quilty' to talk about!

Have a Fab Friday!
mary z

velvet

Post by velvet » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:51 am

Good morning. Please read my post from yesterday, maybe someone has any ideas.

Today is qov at the vets cafe, should be 8 or 9 vets. Always a special day for me.
Hope to finish the last border so I can turn it in for the LAer. Eager to start my next top. (Thats a surprise, right)
Have a great day.
Diane

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:12 am

Good morning everyone,cloudy here after a stormy night with hard rain.

TWINS UPDATE They need prayers.Yesterday they couldn’t get Brodees pic line in.They Will Try again Friday or Saturday.Hadlee had another echocardiogram.Checking her valve.They Havent Heard the report on that yet.Thanks for your prayers.

Maryz Sure you love your new floors.Its a mess but nice when it’s done.

Judi Enjoy your trip.I Too want to come home to a clean house.

Diane Enjoy your day with the Vets.Thank you for helping them.

Tina I can’t ima a Frog that big.Sure they would eat baby turtles.

Yesterday I got more uglies done & some Weeding done.Thats a never ending job here.In the last 2 days I’ve seen a turkey & deer.The turkey makes a mess scratching.But I enjoy seeing them.Have a great day. Becca
Izzy Praying for clavicle to heal & Flo Prayers for your healing.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:21 am

Good morning,
Hope everyone’s day is off to a good start.
Grammie hope you got your nap in
Judy closed ice cream shop, wow that’s a bummer
Cindy Chana Masala is an Indian dish made with chick peas (Garbonzo beans) in a tomato sauce with Indian spices such a cumin, coriander, ginger, turmeric. It also has of course onion, peppers, and can’t remember what else. We have some vegetarians at work so I try to accommodate them. It went over quite well actually. You do have to like the Indian flavors though.
Jana sorry some people are not following the rules. I imagine that happens in most forum type settings.
Mary when DH was redoing our BR he put in a handicap type toilet. I am so glad we did that now with Dad here. They are higher and easier for Dad.
Diane several posts have poofed away lately. No sure what causes it.
Weather has heated up again here. I myself am not a sun worshiper. Prefer the cool, rain, foggy atmosphere. Supposed to be warm for the next week or so. UGH!
Found out today I have to go to a 3 day seminar in Sacramento next week. We are getting a new EMR system (I have used it before at another company) so we will have our training. I am going to 2 trainings since I will be the super user I guess in the office. Also have one end of next month but that will be in my office so no problems with Dad. Was able to change cargiver hours etc. The new RN will go with me.
Nothing much else new.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:27 am

Good morning and happy Friday, it's the eve of the weekend and I am ready. This week has flown by. Nice to be busy at work.

Maryz, no, the job isn't official. but I do love it. the gal doing it now is retiring on October 1st. I have quite a bit to learn yet but have learned a lot of it. Yes, it will be a different office at the same facility. Glad your house is getting back to normal, new floors must be wonderful.

Lois, hair crack, :lol: you sure made me laugh.

Sharona, don't look here for those cleaning fairies. they sure aren't here. I had to hint to Jerry to get something to clean the kitchen cabinets. I kind of think all the Dilantin he takes doesn't help him think straight. How was the dentist?

Lori, that quilt is going to be adorable.

Maryq, when will you post the SS hints? I thought I read that you were starting a new hints page so I unstuck the old one.

Gotta go to work,, you all have a groovy day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:47 am

Morning all.
Judi have a great trip.
Maryz, isn't it funny how excited we get over new flooring.
Joe started removing tile from kitchen floor. He only removed what he needed to built island and move sink. When he puts new floor down he will start in living room hall area where he left off.

I am doing good.

Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:22 am

I almost forgot; Yesterday at the antique sale I bought a very old ice cream scoop (she collected them) a little stool just plain. I found a tin sign from the singer sewing machine company so I had to have that. and THose of you who might be Polish or part Polish I found another sign that says " You bet your sweet dupa I am Polish" the lady who owned the shop was from the same part of Detroit that I grew up in.. an all Polish neighborhood. We laughed about the old nieghborhood and how going down there now is a challenge but we go for the food..
She has retired to North Carolina, with her kiddos. xxxxoooo I wont be here in the morning unless we are delayed...so talk to you soon,,,be good Secret Santa is watching,

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:24 am

Good morning!

Today is a building/assembly of things we got yesterday.. Many things here grow legs and move to one of the kids houses. So we replaced a couple of things and found a perfect workbench for Michael's chop saw, while we were at Home Depot. So it is in pieces parts on the garage floor. Very heavy, so Stu came and helped unload it from the Highlander. Also I need to put together my new carpet cleaner, getting it ready to use, while I still have warm days to leave windows open to help dry the carpet. Fun, not! But needs doing.

Aaron, Kate and the girls watched the VP of the United States take off from the airport yesterday. Some of the troopers Aaron works with, were on duty and told him to come watch. Gracie and Lila love watching trains and airplanes and had lots of fun. Aaron is doing fine. It is his normal days off, and he will go back to duty on Saturday.

Not much here, hoping to set foot in the Batt Cave!

Diane - sometimes what happens when you "submit" your post, others have posted ahead of you while you were typing. You will get a message, just above your post, that says, there are one or more posts, you may want to review, before submitting yours. It looks like your post is there, but it isn't. You then need to go to the bottom of your own post and hit that submit button again. Then your post will appear at the top of the new, other posts. I have had it happen to me, that the message of new posts appears again, so I go andpush the submit button a third time. Watch for that message, so when you get that message, submit again, if you don't, your post never gets on the board. Hope that helps.

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”