Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wed Aug 21

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Wed Aug 21

Post by auntjana » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:40 am

Good morning!

Haven't talked to Aaron yet this morning. I am sure he is fine. His truck has a dashcam camera and it was running at the time of the accident. The troopers cited the trucker at the scene with everything they could think of! The speed limit on that section of I 80 coming into SLC is 75 mph, so the truck was just over the legal limit. The kids have seen the footage of the dashcam. Me, I will pass on viewing for a bit. Matt has never seen Aaron as he is on duty. I have and know well, the training Aaron has. When Aaron is placed in a situation that demands that training, it is a different Aaron, going about his duties. Matt was very impressed with what his little brother did and does on a regular basis. I have been in a vehicle with Aaron when a accident has occured. He parked my car, in the middle of the road and ran over to the accident, giving aid. One time, I watched and the driver was injured after crashing into a telephone pole. Aaron didn't go in the vehicle from the front door, but the back door, to help the driver. I wondered why, then he told me - the air bags did not deploy from the crash and many first responders are injured with a delayed airbag opening on them. I knew then, he was well trained.

So today should be a quiet day in the Batt Cave. I layered a wall hanging, didn't like the way it was done, so un-layered it and will try again. Ethan will be here after school and wants to sew a bit on his quilt. He has all the long strips sewn in circles, so now we can alternate the starting top square to be a half or a full square. This makes it easy for Ethan to sew, no matching up seams. The strips are offset. We have 7 strips to go. The quilt is on my design wall and Ethan sees how much he has done, which makes him excited to sew.

Well, time to get goung in my day,

Hugs and thanks do much for the prayers,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:34 am

Good Morning Girls

Did you ever have one of those when you just couldn't get the LEAD out of your back end? That was my day yesterday. I was here and started to type, but my brain went totally dead, so I walked away and never got back. I have a sneaky feeling I caught some kind of bug and had chills and headache off and on all day. Sat on the magic couch and slept from12:30-3:pm! Lazy BUTT~ Any of you ever have Bursitis in your chest? At least that's what I think it is... HURTS to inhale! Oh well... TODAY WILL BE BETTER!

Jana...… I so hope they "throw the book" at the guy that hit Aaron! But so happy to hear that he is doing well, perhaps he'll just be a little stiff and sore for a while. It must be a comfort to know he is so well trained.

Cindy.... Ever put pork chops in the crock pot? With some cheese soup and a couple dollups of Salsa? pretty nummy.

Sharon... Yeah for the New DW! Now you can use all the real dishes you want!

Sherry.... A Little League team from Minnesota was playing in that tournament, tho I think they were eliminated.. It's quite the buzz around here, especially for the little girl on the team.

Valerie... I'm with you, I'd be happy to skip the HOT summer and COLD winter and just have spring and fall! Glad you got sneak in a little trip to the LQS... always makes a day better!

Flo.... Yeah NEW BOOBIES!! Glad you are feeling better today!

Chriss… Any News on Gramma's house? No news is "good news" ???

Maryz…. You didn't design a quilt block pattern for your new floor? I bet the installers would have LOVED that. You have no HOT water? Do you have it in the camper for showers?

Judi... When my kids were teens, and looking towards college etc, I told them to find something they LOVE to do... and figure out how to make a job out of it! Sounds like your Liam has found the perfect career for him at a young age!

Lois.... I have a bunch of Gnomes all traced and am ITCHING to get at them... but I promised myself I'd finish something else first! Am thinking I'll use the gnomes for a tree skirt for the hospice home... Though I suppose I should start on it soon right??

Guess I better get the lead out this morning. Am running into town for a hair cut too... It's time for my "over haul".

Wishing you all a wonderful wednesday

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:56 am

Good morning everyone!
Everyone is so so busy, I feel lazy!
Jana, so glad Aaron is ok.
Flo, yay so happy you're feeling better and the new boobies are a comfy fit!
Cindy, there are days I'd love to wear a wig, my hair is crazed and drives me nuts! LOL I just couldn't stand being any hotter though, I can't stand to put moisturizer on my face in the hot summer days because it causes me to sweat so bad. I love cooking in my slow cooker year round.
Izzy, prayers you're healing so you don't need another surgery. I'm getting my hair layered again Friday too.
I didn't get my laundry done yesterday so I have to today for sure. I'm ready for cooler temps for sure, I love Fall ❤
You all have a great day!
Tina

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:33 pm

boy what a busy week. Can't believe the weekend is coming along so quickly.

I'm loving learning the new job at work. I think it will be a good fit for me. I have learned some of it and there is still more to learn.

Izzy, prayers for your bones,

Judi, Liam has the coolest grandpa ever. He is learning so many things.

Maryz, your new floor will be wonderful. I imagine you will be tap dancing on it soon.

Lois, how cool that Olivia and her girlfriend want to come there. I bet it was a fun time for them.

Flo, so glad you feel normal and that the boob stuff is behind you. what a thing to go through, glad it all worked out.

Valerie, hope your new caregiver does well, does your dad seem to like her? Did you find anything at the quilt shop?

Sherry, I also love hobby lobby. I usually hit the clearance racks first then the remenants. It's a fun place to play.

Cindy, Jerry is lucky he cooks and I go to work. Once he complained to tell me how tough it was, I said you mean being a housewife? Men, they think they have it so tough.

Jana, I love that Ethan is loving sewing. I can't wait to see his quilt. As for Aaron, tell him I said that will be enough of that and for dramatic effect shake your pointer finger at him. Guess God isn't finished with him yet.

Maryq, you are hooked on gnomes. Have you been to the fatcatpatterns.com webpage? She has a lot of cute patterns. Thank you for posting secret Santa. Grandma's house is in escrow. They asked for a 90 day escrow which is fine. I just pray nothing happens between now and then and that all the paperwork goes through.

Tina, I don't like using lotion on hot days either. cooler days are coming.

And that's it for me, hope you all have a great night.
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”