Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday August August 19,2019

Daily discussions.
Quiltmom

Re: Monday August August 19,2019

Post by Quiltmom » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:48 am

Good morning all! Just a quick note. My internet company had a tower go down in the storm we had a few days ago so I have not had any internet for 2 days. I was really lost. I am so far behind in reading all of your posts. Hope to get it done in the next couple of days.

Sweetie had a good report from the Vet on Friday. Only needs to take her medicine every other day now. She has gotten so full of "piss and vinegar" as the old saying goes. She and Smoke go running through the house a lot now.

If you want to see something really interesting watch the Little league World Series on ESPN. it is really neat watching the kids play. They are really good and it is so enjoyable.

Well better go get my meds taken and get something done. Just got back from my Monday morning Bob Evans Breakfast. I am a definite creature of habit. It just starts my week out right.

Hope everyone has a good day. Will check back later.

Sherry

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:51 am

SECRET SANTA IS POSTED

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:10 am

Good morning!
Flo, prayers for you today.
Becca, prayers for good news on the scans.
Judi, I've been seeing all the commercials for cars I think but the scenes they are driving through makes me want to go where there's trees, a river, nature and relaxation....have fun for me ❤
Maryz, happy install floor week!
Cindy, I still get confused to the order of how posts are on here ☺ I'll go read in yesterday's ❤
Maryq, so happy you had some grandkid times ❤ my house is always so quiet when they aren't here too. I think my house does a little deflating sigh when they leave 😂😂
Not much happening here, just taking care of Preston, this is the start of our second week of school here.
You all have a great day!
Tina

womster

Post by womster » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:45 am

Good morning!

Lois – gnome team logo pillows sound really cute.

Judi – I bet Liam has a blast with all the tractor work. Your trip sure came up fast (well, to me at least).

Maryz – oh my gosh I can’t believe there are rats in Vicky’s house! How awful and deplorable. I sincerely hope the state steps in to help her, since they are the ones tying everyone’s hands. Bummer about the needle in your machine, but at least it will get some spa time. Yay for the new floors!

Becca – quiet days are sure nice to have. Prayers continue for all of you. Hope your itching goes away soon.

Diane – I know what you mean about it being too hot to hand-sew the binding. Hope you were able to answer the coffee’s call.

Flo – prayers for your surgery today.

Cindyg – I’ve done that very thing. Good to see you wherever you are.

Jana – happy first day of school to everyone out there.

Maryq - sounds like everyone had a wonderful visit – yay. Enjoy your peace and quiet.

Katy – gutter guards are very expensive. And so are windows. I would vote for the windows because they will save you money on utilities. How nice of your ex to help with the projects.

Sherry – I think a Bob Evans breakfast is the perfect way to start the week. Glad Sweetie is doing so well. Isn’t it great to be back online?!

Tina – I agree about the house having the deflated sigh. Prayers continue for your dad and you.

We met up with the DGS headed for the University of Kansas at the end of the week so I could deliver his quilt. I had enough material to make a pillow case to store it in. He seemed to like it. My next quick project is to make a Spiderman quilt for a great nephew’s 7th birthday. The med the vet put the dog on for incontinence started working immediately – YAY. Getting ready to make the Costco run so I best go change into something presentable. Have a wonderful and blessed day. xoxo Sharona

womster

Post by womster » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:50 am

Here's a picture of Bryce (grandson) with his quilt.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:00 am

Sharona you have a handsome young man there and his quilt came out beautiful.

Lois

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:52 am

OMG I did a whole post this morning and poof it disappeared. Who knows where it went. But then again I was on porch with a naughty 2yo who has an attitude that needed rearranging but his facial expressions kept me in stitches to which I could not let him know I was laughing inside at because I was trying to scold him at the time. OMG where do they learn this cross your arms and roll your eyes at your OMA!!!! crazy I have never crossed my arms and given him such looks. tooo hilarious.

Well had to run to sherrifs office to get my fingerprint cards done for NM schools. Then to the extension office for cow info. then to dollar general for some cleaning supplies. oh and the lil man has a shoe fettish I swear he has more shoes than anyone in the family. and yes partially my fault today 2 pair of sandals lol he gets blisters with his boots because he hates to wear socks. so got him flip flops and crocks today LOL

So came home to 4 emails from school and had to answer them and finish up some paperwork. Hopefully license will come by end of week and I can get started. I have a training on their paperwork Wed. Hopefully I can keep the time change straight LOL

So does it snow in NM lol just wondering they have 3 snow day makeups on their calendar. I am just thinking its always hot there. :lol: :lol:

Ok gonna hit sewing room for a bit before boy wakes from nap. Hugs and prayers all.
🐐izzy

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:17 pm

Sharona, nice looking young man and quilt. You did a great job with those t-shirts.

Maryz, I like to put my own style into a quilt. I don't want it to look the same as all the other quilts.

Well it's a bit warm today. I've been running errands and cleaning most of the day.I think I will do a little sewing now.

Have a wonderful evening.
Lori 8-)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:28 pm

Remember the movie The Jerk with Steve Martin, when the phone book arrived and he was so excited. That is how I feel about Secret Santa being posted. Something you wait for all year and it's here.

Kathy, I am so happy to see you posting again, you must be feeling better. because of you I had a BLT for breakfast this morning. My goodness, 9 bananas, I vote for banana bread with walnuts in it.

Lori, you had bacon and pancakes too? It's like we are twins. :lol: Are you using purple for the background fabric? It's a cute quilt.

Lois, those gnomes are so adorable, I bet your pillow looks great.

Judi, Liam is so lucky to have a cool grandpa, I had a cool grandpa. great memories.

Maryz, how are those floors looking? So if Vicky's kids are so passive how do they expect to tackle the rats? I think they should tell her and when she has a fit they should take a movie of it to show the adult protective people. I'd call the health department. Would a magnet on a stick get that needle out of your machine? but I bet you've tried that. The charm quilt I made is just a bunch of charms, I'm a scrappy girl as you well know.

Becca, I love the good reports on the twins.

Flo, you are likely home now, How are you feeling.

Diane, trip around the world is a perfect QOV

Jana, I'm with Baden, lets play. I've seen lots of online patterns for those pot holders. Funny isn't it? you can make them for almost nothing but if you go buy them they cost quite a bit.

Maryq, aren't grands wonderful? glad you had fun making memories with the kids. Thankyou for posting SS. I love the theme, it's perfect.

Sherry, I did see the kids play baseball on tv. they are good. my gosh, imagine being one of those kids. what a story you would have to tell.

Tina, Well? How was school? I think about houses the way you do. I think when grandma's house gets a family in it it will smile.

Sharona, the quilt is perfect and that grandson of yours is gorgeous.

Izzy, how could you say such a thing, that boy isn't naughty, he's adorable. tsk tsk.

Lori, I like my quilts to be a little different too. I've been studying that ufo orphan quilt you have on F B. it really turned out great.

I hope you all had a great day, Good Night,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”