Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUNDAY, August 18

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

SUNDAY, August 18

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:38 am

Good morning!

Well, Scottie and the Owls (sounds like a singing group!) didn't keep me awake last night. I did it myself. With our bathroom torn up, we have to make our nighttime tinkle trips to the upstairs bathroom and it wakes me up enough that I can't go back to sleep. So, after an hour of tossing around in bed, tangling the sheets, and disturbing the cat, I just got up. Now I'll probably fall asleep this evening during the football game when my Seahawks meet up with Mary Q's MN Vikings. Go Hawks!

Yesterday I almost finished my red/white/black queen quilt. Today I'll just add some borders and it will be ready for the quilting frame! Yay! Then I'll clean up my sewing room and maybe take a break and do some work in my yard.

No response from Vicki's kids about the rats. We are ready with rat traps if we need them. And we're going to make another report to Adult Protective Services this week, for all the good it will do.

Bill's uncle is still in the hospital and isn't doing well. The plan is to transfer him to a rehab center tomorrow, then to retired or assisted living. Doctors are thinking he'll never be able to live on his own again. So Bill needs to go to the Rehab Ctr with his uncle while I will stay home to hang with the flooring guys because finally they are coming tomorrow!

FLO - sorry about the plantar fascitis. Been there, done that, and I know it's painful. I was advised to rest my foot for five minutes on an ice pack then roll it over a hard rubber hobnail bone dog toy for about 5 minutes. Twice a day. It really helped and dramatically shortened the course of the fascitis. Plus, the dog got a new toy!

CHRISS - How often does your quilt group meet? Sounds like you are really enjoying them. And yes, it's sad that Vicki's kids can't legally get her the help that she keeps refusing and denies she needs. She never did have her dental abscess addressed. But seems to me they could at least keep a little closer eye on her than an hour a week. But she is so nasty, argumentative, and resistant to them (and all her former friends) that no one wants to be around her anymore. We are the only ones who are stuck here.

LORI - I checked out your sew-along with Lori Holt. It's going to be pretty! Are you using pretty much the fabrics she used or are you going rogue?

JANA - I'm glad you had such a nice day for your anniversary and maybe found a good back-up restaurant to boot! How is Ethan's quilt coming along? Will he get it finished before school starts?

JUDI - got the fiver all cleaned up? We always clean ours at the end of every trip and restock supplies, clean bedding, towels, etc. All we have to do is pack the stuff for the next outing when we go. My sis was just at that campground you are going to across Big Mack. We might be going to Oregon to our friends', Bob & Betsy, in early Sept so Bill can help install computer gear for them. And no, APS doesn't send us copies of their reports but have assured us the copies are in the thickening file they have for Vicki. I don't have much faith in them, or their promises, but it is what it is. I think today we're going to alert the neighbors on Vicki's other side. We forget about them because, while they are actually as close as we are to her, they are in a housing development with woods in between. Good rat country! Where do rats travel from?? How do they know? Do they send out memos?? "Hey, Louie! Grab the wife and kids and come on over to Skansie St! They put out a great buffet here!"

BECCA - Hoping for great test results for the twins tomorrow!

Well, it's coffee time. Y'all have a fab Sunday!

mary z

fabricgirl

Re: SUNDAY, August 18

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:09 am

Good morning Mary and all who follow,
Mary that's a real shame about Vicky I only hope she doesn't get bitten by those RATS .

Today I want to look in my stash for fabric for the penguin sew along know I have most of it but I think I need backround.

Well there is nothing new her Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all
Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:29 am

Good Morning,we slept in this morning,,didnt get up till 8. thats 9 hours. ken is still dozing...I spent the entire day cleaning the 5th She is ready to go...I was a deep cleaning since the last trip was with the kiddos. I found doritos under the table. but all is clean even the cabinets are cleaned. Ken made a few minor repairs and my slides are working fine...I am so ready to leave. I brough in all the beach towels and toys and kid stuff.

Didnt sew last night,,,was too tired to concentrate, but I did watch a few more episodes of Fixer upper before i went to bed..

Mary Hope the kids at least talk to you..its a shame they cant make time for their mother or acknowledge your requests...Rats travel where there is food...and breed like crazy so before long Vickie will know they are there.
especially if she throws garbage around the house. Squeaky wheel gets the oil..keep calling...that file should get thick enough to make someone notice,,,I wonder if you requests a copy of your complaint if they would send it? Maybe your congressman would help?

well I need to get some coffee,,,and maybe a bowl of cereal. We have Sophia sbirthday party today and I dont plan on doing anything else. Hope you all have a great day XXXXOOOO

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:45 am

Good morning all

I have been busy shopping . Unfortuntantly not for fabric . More mulch (almost there ladies) for gardens A rail kit for my deck and shutters for back of house. O also a swing. LOl Sounds like I am going to take it easy sometime . The railing kit cost fifty dollars It will cost another 50 for a post and some brackets. The guy who put my deck together wanted 550. I plan on a lot of staycations. Will look great when I am done next spring. LOL
I need to have my quilts to Bushnell show Tuesday.
OK Maryq Its time for Secret Santa, LOL LOL I know your busy.

I need more coffee Stuck my head outside Its so humid I could not breath
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:32 am

Good morning!

Beautiful day starting off here in paradise. Sunny and a slight breeze. Church is a bit later as well.

Not much new here. Didn't get much done yesterday. Crenda called and needs me to remember Matt's scouting career. The BSA district here wants to honor and give him award of some sort for his service. That was a long time ago, Matt is now 40! When he earned his Eagle Award, I put together a scrapbook of all of that, so Crenda can use that, but I know some stories that he did as well. Oh yes, shhh, don't tell, it is a surprise! The award ceremony is in October.

Ethan is coming along with his quilt. We have the top patchwork attached to the panel. We have 9 patchwork strips he has already made, to sew and attach. He will probably work in the quilt, each afternoon after school. He walks here and Sarah comes over to get him. That will give us a few minutes to sew. I think with his short attention span at times, it will work out great.

Time to scoot, do something fun!

Hugs,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:21 am

Good morning, what a beautiful day today will be. Hot but beautiful ( unlike me, :lol: )

My mom ( really my step mom) is improving after her neck surgery and her arm is healing. She just isn't eating like dad thinks she should. Ensure is a supplement and I think she is using it for a meal. But I am thankful she is doing well. Her son's live in Southern Cali and haven't been up to see her yet, I am hoping they at least call her. Dad offered to fly them from LAX to here but so far no takers.

Maryz, Our quilt group meets once a month for only a couple of hours. It's a group with a lot of members but only about 20 or so show up to the meetings. I do like it. Sorry about the Vicky stuff. I'm sure you have tried everything. some things are just frustrating.

Lois, I often need background fabric. Right now wide fabric is on sale at connecting threads. You'd have to do the math to see if wide fabric is a better deal than not wide fabric. but CT does have nice fabric.

Judi, I missed how old Sophia is now. When you mention her I remember the picture of her in a snow suit, probably a million years ago. I also like Fixer Upper. they have really built a brand for themselves haven't they.

Katy, I picture your yard and house as a show place, how wonderful it will be to have a swing to sit and enjoy it all. Hope your quilts to well.

Jana, yay for Matt. I just can't wait to see Ethan's quilt. how cool it will be for him to have the finished product. He is such a little dude, give him a squeeze from me.

Jerry is cooking bacon and will make pancakes. Pancakes are something I can eat a million of so I am glad we don't have them often.

I put together some charm squares I had and more that I made from scraps of fabric. they have been stitched in the ditch so now I need to make some binding. Would love to get that binding made and sewn on so I can hand sew the back of it.

I also purchased the Live Well Live Strong pattern from Deanna Wall. I need 17 fabrics and want to be sure I have what I am looking for in my hoard of fabric. QIAD has Free Spirit fatquarter bundles on sale. Has anyone ever tried Free Spirit fabric?

I believe the pancakes are almost done, you all have a great day.

chriss
Psalm 91

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:36 am

Morning
For my foot I have several of those spikey job mail dog toys, so I borrowed one from the girls.
Tomorrow is final surgery. I am very happy to be at the end.

Today is rest and stay calm..and ice my foot.
Flo

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:01 am

Good Sunny Afternoon.......

I can tell it is getting humid here my wood trim is starting to crack & moan. Sometimes it cracks so loud it startles me.

I still need to catch up on cleaning the house. Mostly I just do not want to do it.

I might make banana bread or something.....I usually buy 3 bananas but Peapod brought me 9!!

Maryz.....Sorry you didn't sleep well....that always disturbs the next day... Can't wait to see you quilt.
Sorry to hear about DH's uncle. He's blessed to have someone to care& look after him, not like poor Vicky.

Lois......have fun plating in your fabric.

Judi......where will you next trip be? Have a good time at Sophia's party.

Katy....a swing will be a wonderful addition. SS!? I know I bought something already but can't remember what or where I put it...LOL

Jana.......what a wonderful surprise that will be for Matt. What fun it must be to have a new young quilter in the family.

Chriss........bacon, boy I could go for a BLT! Enjoy those pancakes.

Flo......Hugs & Prayers for you surgery .

Love & Payers......Kathy

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:34 pm

Good afternoon.

Maryz, I'll be using purple as my main color. I thought about buying the kit, but changed my mind.

Chriss, I made bacon and pancakes for breakfast too. It was very yummy.

I've been doing a little prep for my sew along next week. I pulled to background fabric, but need to pull the rest of them.

Have a wonderful day. Lori
Lori 8-)

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:19 am

Maryz - so sorry about Bill's uncle. He's lucky to have Bill to care about him. HAPPY FLOORING DAY!!!! I'm sure you will be glad to put your house back in order. If I were you I'd put those rat traps out now as a preventative measure. I'm wondering if it would be feasible to put up a fence between you and Vicki - one of those green chain link fences. You can hardly see those as they blend in with the grass and trees. It might keep your pets from going to her yard and keep Vicki from coming into yours.

Lois - the penguin sew-along sounds like fun and I bet it would be a cute quilt. On of my friends is crazy about penguins. I hope you enjoy it.

Judi - my 5er needs a good cleaning. We're going to the lake for Labor Day weekend - we will leave the Thursday afternoon before. I will clean and make macaroni salad on Friday. I'm so slow it'll take me all day. Camping kidless - yea!!!!

Flo - I know I've said this before but I had heel spurs. Plantar fasciitis is the precursor to heel spurs. Someone told me about the New Balance tennis shoe site. You can enter your foot/knee problem and they tell you which model number of shoes to wear. So I did that. I wore those tennis shoes every day and could tell the difference in one week and, after a month, I had no more heel pain. I swear by those shoes. All of my tennis shoes are NB or Sketchers and all of my shoes have great arch support. That's the key to keeping PF or heel spurs at bay.

At work so must stop for now.

I hope we can all fondle fabric today.

Return to “Sew ins”