Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SATURDAY, Aug 17th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

SATURDAY, Aug 17th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:35 am

Good morning,

What a night. The owl that lives in the big trees in front of our house started hooting last night which drives Scottie crazy. (well, crazier than normal). And he started barking and racing through the house. Usually when this happens we just close the bedroom door and this quiets him. If he shuts up, then so does the owl. But we've removed the doors in preparation for the new floors (just two more days!!) so we couldn't do that. So both the owl and Scott had a busy night. So here I am. YAaaaaaawwwnnn.

Today Bill is going to Seattle himself to meet his cousin and visit his uncle and I am staying here to meet our door contractor who is coming to install a new door from house to garage. I can work in my sewing room undisturbed most of the morning! :D

We have a new development in Vicki-land next door. Coming home from an errand we saw her walking along the road about 1/2 mile from home. So knowing the coast was clear I hurried over to check her yard for garbage she may have tossed out that could harm Scottie if he gets away from us. He knows where the yummy buffet is served. I looked in Vicki's kitchen window and saw two RATS scuttling across her floor!! Eeeeekk!! Not little ones, either, but the size of half-grown cats! We called the health department and they said they don't care. We called county code enforcement and they can't do anything unless they see a major mess from the road. We texted her three kids and not one of them has responded yet. GRRRRR!!! Those rats will be at our house before too long! So we'll be getting some rat traps soon and putting them under weighted milk crate boxes so Foxy and Scottie can't get at them. In the meantime we're going to file another (our 6th!) report with Adult Protective Services. They won't do anything either but perhaps, one day, with all the 911 incidents and the APS reports and the Vicki journal I keep, the kids can get legal custody and get their mother the help and care she needs and we need for her to get. This is soo frustrating! Thanks for listening.

Now, where was I? Oh, yeah - I will have some sewing time today. working on 6" red stars to make a border for my queen quilt. It's a lot of little geese to trim. But it's so much better than counting rats!

Hope your Saturday is awesome!
mary z

Becca

Re: SATURDAY, Aug 17th

Post by Becca » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:05 am

Good morning Maryz & Others,sunny here.Yesterday we were 92.

Maryz Oh No Rats!!!! Those things carry disease.Its Amazing Vicky isn’t sick physically.Sure hope they don’t travel to your house.Scottie & the owl.What a nite you had.You need a nap.

Flo Hope you can get relief from your foot.

Kathy Hope you are getting stronger.Prayers for Kim.

Must get Mt Washmore climbedthis morning.No report on Twins yet.They have been having good days.Have a great day everyone. Becca

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:19 am

Morning
Maryz, we have cicadas & tree frogs going on all night, very noisy. And rats! Yuk!
Becca keep us posted on the twins.
New a/c tech came out may be circuit board in unit. He is calling manufacturer Monday. He was here from 2 until 7. Nice young man.
Grocery store today than get together at neighbor..
Their pig turns 1...and yes I said pig.

Coffee is ready

Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:35 am

Good morning,Oh what a night,,,,,(dont start singing) It thundered and lighteninged and kept me awake,,,at 330 I was up..so was Ken...Mary yours was much worse butr I finally fell back asleep til 730,,,we dont have fur babies to keep us awake. but Mother Nature did a good job for sure.

Today is clean the camper day....I need to give her a good inside cleaning and we may be able to get the outside done too...depending on how much Ken wants to do... Then the packing and prepping stsrts///I will do that this week/ we leave saturday morning,,,we will stop across the Mackinaw Bridge for the night then head to the northern most part of Michigan,,Copper Harbor...2 week of R&R I am geeked.

Well after my cleaning extravaganza I need to get Sophia's Birthday gift wrapped and ready for the party tomorrow.
then I will turn on the reruns of "Fixer Upper" and sew while I watch,,,I never saw this show before my friend started telling me about her trip to Waco Texas. So I was curious since she said "It is just your style" I am hooked I love the decorating, Now I want to redecorate the whole house...(Ken just rolls his eyes) I need to win the lottery.....well hope you have a great day

Maryz itold you what to do about those critters...Tell them if they dont do something you will shoot the rats...garentee they will be out there,,,,I hope APS sends you a letter every time you make a complaint..As a home care nurse everrytime I made a referral they sent me a letter telling me their findings,,,those were file with the Pt charts to show we did something,,,if you have a paper trail it may help...
Becca I am praying for the twins...they are tough little creatures. Have you beem able to visit them yet?
..Well I need to get moving,,coffee is drank...times a flyin.....XXXXOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:44 am

Good morning!

Mary - uggh rats! You are doing all you can! Herem protective services do go in and remove people for such things.

We had a wonderful day together yesterday. Found a few new toys to bring home. More for Sarah, than us. LOL! Had a yummy dinner out at the sister resturant of our favorite place. Leftovers for lunch today.

Ethan is ready for school. His new backpack will be here today. He picked and ordered one that is printed with stars and galaxies all over it. The city has installed the permanent stop signs up the street and marked the crosswalks for the kids as well. That was a big safety concern, the city was quick in getting it done.

So I will be in the Batt Cave, sewing and supervising the railroad construction. We still need to finish the church bulletin for tomorrow services, but that is just printing and folding. The rest is done.

Another beautiful day in paradise. The nights are cooling fast, fall is near.

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:46 am

Maryz, sounds like a crazy night. I think that door would be out back on today if it was me. I get really cranky when I don't get my sleep.

Judi, sounds like mother nature doesn't want you to rest either.

Jana, glad you had a nice day. Go supervise and make sure things get done right.lol

I started getting my stuff ready for the "Granny's Garden" sew along . I'm waiting for my thread to arrive so I can quilt the Bears Paw quilt.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:07 am

Good morning, what a great day it's going to be today.

When I am done here I am going to my room. I want to make some red, white and blue blocks this weekend for my quilt group.

Suzette, I love the idea of a book for the baby instead of a card. A card can crazily cost 5 or 6 dollars. A book could be a bargain compared to a card.

Lois, I'm glad you love those gnomes. they really are cute.

Jana, UGH!!! bikes. I get that they want to race but does it always have to be in the most heavy traffic areas of town? And they also ride on the highway that leads to my house. there is no shoulder on that road and they impede traffic. My opinion is if it doesn't have a motor and can't go the speed limit it shouldn't be on my road. And that is my two cents. Hope your anniversary was wonderful.

Flo, I have had Planters faciatis, it ain't fun. The doctor told me to get a dog toy with spikes on it and roll my foot on it. I guess it helped but Moose was really the victor, he loved the toy. Moose also won when the PT lady told me to take a tennis ball and put it between my back and the wall as I squatted up and down. the ball fell and that's all there was to it.

Becca, wow, the twins are two weeks old and have been through so much. I bet their mom could use a break. Give her a hug from me.

Maryq, I'M IN !!!!! It wouldnt' be Christmas without the SS swap. Glad you had fun with the kids..

Lori, I saw the pictures of your quilt group on FB. It really does look like fun. If there were less miles between us I would want to join your group.

Maryz, sorry about the Vickie stuff. Her kids are probably frustrated with not being able to help her. It seems that something can be done but I am sure they have tried everything. Sadly mental health isn't a priority in this country. I think if it were addressed that a lot of issues could be resolved. Add that two cents to the two cents I gave to Jana and I am almost at a nickel.

Judi, I wasn't going to start singing until you told me not to. I'm a rebel and now that song is stuck in my head. happy camper cleaning day.

I'm loving this no direct tv stuff. the antenna allows for local news and anything we miss is on HULU the next day. Now instead of almost $100 per month we are spending about $20 and have a lot more options. Plus I can watch on my laptop while I sew.

I need to get to my room you all have a marvelous day.
Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”