Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday, August 16

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Friday, August 16

Post by maryq » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:01 am

Good Morning Girls

For some strange reason I could not get online yesterday... but bam here I am this morning! My grandkids are still sleeping, so it's quiet for the moment. They are going to visit DEX today so I'll have the day to catch-up... Man there's a mess around here! I"m still working on getting the new fabric I bought washed and folded and organized!

Suzette.... Such a great idea to give books for a baby shower! My nephew and his wife are doing Dr. Suess for their baby boy! I have fabric for a quilt, but might just find some Dr. S books to add to it!

Lois... Thanks for sending me the info on the Gnome patters... so cute. Definitely on my bucket list!

Sue.. Nope never tried Sew-olgy thread! Might have to check it out. Usually I watch for CT to have a sale on thread, then I stock up. My Janome seems to like it just fine and it's pretty reasonable. You have been sew busy in the kitchen... how do you have time to sew???

Jana... AH yes, that's one thing about 7 year old... they have the attention span of a gnat! Same thing with my 12 year old Evie. She does love to sew too, but only in short spurts! Though she might go at it longer if I took away her cell phone! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

Diane..... When I went crazy at the fabric warehouse last week... I grabbed some RWB fabric... now my mind is spinning with ideas of what to make for you!!!! I'm just waiting for things to get back to normal around here.. I SO missing my sewing machine!

Maryz..... Sounds like you have a busy day!!!! Hope you found the perfect outfit for the day in your garage!

Flo.... OH Gosh... Plantars faciitis? Had that.... I know how much it hurts. Follow Dr. order and rest!

Becca..... SO hope and pray that the little ones improve every day! Will be thinking of them on Monday for sure!

Sharon... .Don't you love sewing binding by hand... so relaxin! It's a TV watching project here...

Cindy... AH good news all your marks came out of sister's quilt! What a relief!

Well, I think I hear movement downstairs from the kids. I should probably get them up anyway and fed. Once they go with Kevin and Sara to meet DEX I'm really going to have to step up my game here and get to work. Seems like I've spent the last few days in the car running here there. Tomorrow they are going to spend over night at friends house, then sunday I will pick them up and head out to meet other grandparents for their return to Wisconsin. It really has been a lot of fun having them here... Brennen has been so helpful at things around the house... and Evie too

Next Monday I'll be posting the Official Secret Santa topic... but if you know you're IN.. feel free to PM me and we'll get started!

In the meantime I wish you all a Fabulous Friday

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:49 am

Happy Anniversary Jana. Hope you find a nice place to have dinner.

Had a great time with my sewing group yesterday. None of us knew each other when we
started the group in June. Making new friends is fun.

Today I need to do some house work. I've been on the move for 3 days and haven't vacuumed.
My floors are a bit furry. I hope to have some time to sew later.

Have a good day.
Lori 8-)

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:19 pm

It happened again I wrote out the post and it disappeared. Not here...It must be gremlins...I tell ya! Anyway I have been doing stuff and baked 2 loaves of banana nut bread one went to the neighbors...the other to the freezer for camping...We all decided our menus and had a nice chat. and a good dinner...I had country fried steak with milk gravy...and it was delicious...I usually try to eat healthy but this was too good to pass up.

I have gone to environmentally clean cleaning products and today my order came...the soaps and cleaners are all coconut oil based and they work great... and smell awesome...all of the cleaning products are refillable and the refills come in paper cartons...we are trying to cut down on the use of plastic.here...I hav been a recycler since the late 60s///so this is exciting news for me...I hate throwing things in the trash.

The wool table runner is coming aling...will work somemore on it tonight,,,Hope you are all having a fun day...XXXXOOOO

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:24 pm

What brand are the cleaning products Judi.
I've been looking at different ones, but haven't decided what to buy. I like the refillable idea.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”