Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday August 15

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Thursday August 15

Post by auntjana » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:52 pm

Good afternoon!

I have been trying to get on here all morning and then I talked my guru Michael into troubleshooting why I have internet everywhere but here - so he spent time with our provider and they finally solved the problem! Took about a hour to troubleshoot with the tech on the internet and changed a few things and poof! I am here!

Not much after all of that going on here. The last little itty bitty patches of snow on my mountains are gone. We wondered if they would stay until the next snow, but lost out in the middle of August. We are warm again, but only about 90, so not too bad.

Sewing on the next project. Sarah is stopping by to take some of my canning jars to make me a batch of strawberry jam. She is in the mood to make jam, and she has plenty on hand for her, so she is making me some! I have been out for awhile.

Hugs,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Thursday August 15

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:32 pm

Howdy, I'm a bit late but am finally here.

Maryz, you made me pot holders and we use them. I have pot holders that both Denise and Lori made me and we use them too. I have a hot pad, thicker than a pot holder, that Lyn made me and I love it. I love pot holders. I might try the Lori Holt sew along but I probably won't, I bought the pattern by Deanna Wall, Live Well Live Strong.

Lori, I still might do the Holt quilt, but I probably won't. Glad you got to go to a quilt history class. what fun. and your ufo quilt is perfect. it really turned out great. Congrats on the fair quilt, yay for you.

Maryq, it sure is fun having those kids there isn't it? I can be patient for SS. but next week I may be strumming my fingers on the table. Would you like me to unstick the SS hints and you can start a new one and I can stick it to the top? Let me know. Lori, Maryz and Jana can also stick.

Sharona Glad your dad didn't make the trip that is just way too many stops and such a long drive. Moose has no issues with fruit. We also have something that is a cross between a cherry and a plum. if he can reach it he will eat it. crazy dog.

Kathy, so good to see you back. was knitting fun? I've tried knitting but just don't have the knack for it.

Cindy, what pattern are you using for the baby quilt? what colors?

Maryz, remind me to NEVER water Bill's tractor.

Lois, what colors are you looking for? what are you going to make.

Becca, glad the twins had a good day. such a blessing.

So yesterday I got an e-mail from the escrow lady. she needed a document. then today I got an e-mail from the escrow lady, she needed another document. I e-mailed her back and asked her to list everything she needs so I can get it done at one time. She added two more documents. I told her the lawyer would e-mail them to her and then the escrow lady said, oh, I need a certified copy of the death cert. dang. I just hate when people aren't organized. She should have given me a list of everything she needed and only contacted me once. drives me nuts. grrrrrr.

Didn't get to train for the job they aren't grooming me for today. a gal went home sick and I had to do her job. grrrrrr.

Went and saw my parents after work yesterday. Mom still isn't eating like Dad thinks she should. Not sure what to do to help her to eat. She doesn't have an appetite, grrrrr.

And that is my last couple of days. Just a whole lot of growling, LOL.

See you tomorrow,
Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”