Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday August 13

Daily discussions.
Becca

Tuesday August 13

Post by Becca » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:52 am

Good morning everyone,Part sun here
TWINS update Brodee has a blood clot on brain.If it doesn’t dissolve surgery will be done.Hadlee has a blockage in throat.Positives are both are gaining weight,both have grown 3/4 in,They both respond to stimuli,both are moving legs & arms & boths eyes are opening.They are making strides every day.
Thank you so much for all your prayers and love.Its a long road ahead for them all.Taylor & Levi Both are stressed which is to be expected.Thanks for Everything.It means so much.

We had a day yesterday taking CA for BWork ,my shots,Then eat out.He was worn out.Toady we have to do banking.Pick up his eye drops,Hope to sew when I get home.And do Mumbo dance.Hope everyone has a great day.
Kathy Prayers for you & Kim. Becca

FlorenceM

Re: Tuesday August 13

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:55 am

Morning
X-ray done, should get results today. For rest of week it's take it easy to let ankle not hurt.

So glad twins are doing well, but will keep praying.

Flo

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:33 am

Good morning Flo, Becca and those who follow.
Just came in from helping hubby pick up the pears from when the tree was cut down. Later I have to make a tomato cucumber salad for our guild picnic tonight. I am hoping to get some sewing done on a baby quilt for David’s great niece’s baby to be. I am relaxing before I do anything. I hope everyone has a great day.

Becca - I am glad the babies are coming along.
Flo - What is wrong with your ankle?
Suzette

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:35 am

Good morning everyone!

Becca good to hear the news on twins. The growth is a good sign. How much do they weigh now?

Flo hope the x-ray is good news.

Kathy I figured out that grocery shopping delivery when DH went to SD, I may do that more often.

Vel so glad you are no longer missing!

MaryQ so hard to believe it is almost Secret Santa time. Depending on requirements I may join this year.

MaryZ I haven't listened to Dad's chest, he is sating at 94% and no increase in his SOB. Edema present per his norm. The cardiologist recently decreased his lasix to QOD. He is eating ok so I think I will give it a bit and see what happens. He really doesn't want to keep going back and forth to the doctor. I have considered asking about hospice.

Yesterday was the quietest day at work I think since I started. At one point we considered if the phones were actually working! Got a lot done. Today will do another field visit with one of the HHA.

Nothing much else new. Will go look at the work load for today.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:05 am

Becca - I so hope Brodee doesn't have to have brain surgery and that Hadlee's throat issue can be resolved easily. It's wonderful that they are otherwise acting normally. Prayers going up for you all. I know you and your kids are stressed to the max.

Suz - are those pears the eating kind? While growing up our neighbors had a pear tree but the pears never turned yellow and were so hard you couldn't bite or cut them. Will your picnic tonight be outdoors?

Flo - I hope your ankle is broken and not sprained. A sprain is much harder and longer to heal and, once it's been sprained once, it's easy to sprain it again. Have a happy result.

Val - can you repeat the news about your dad in plain English? LOL LOL You sound like a doctor or nurse that doesn't want the patient to know what you're saying. I wish my phone would stop ringing - 90% of the calls are robo-calls. So irritating.

Sue - I got my label done all by myself!!!!!!

Well didn't get to do anything yesterday after work except go to the store for a few cleaning supplies then go to Cracker Barrel to eat. When I got home had to straighten the house because the new cleaning lady is coming today. We watched another segment of Downton Abbey then hit the hay. Today I'll go home and fix dinner and decide how to get the markings off the border of my sister's quilt. I used washable marker and it comes out easily....in a normal washing machine. But my new washer is one of those HE washers and it won't let you fill the tub up. I'm not too sure about it. And right now the quilt looks smooth but will crinkle a little when I wash it and I'm not sure I want to give her a crinkled quilt. Decisions decisions decisions.

I hope we can all fondle some fabric today.

womster

Post by womster » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:31 am

Good morning!

Becca – I will be praying that the blood clot dissolves and the throat blockage resolves. Prayers continue. I hope you are both rested up to take on today’s errands. I do hope you get to sew.

Flo – I hope the xrays show what’s ailing your foot.

Suzette - from the FB pictures I saw, you’ll have enough pears to feel the neighborhood! Your salad sounds scrumptious. You’re smart to relax before starting the day.

Valerie – my step-mom uses the shop online and pick it up flavor of getting groceries and swears by it. I might give it a whirl. Oh a quiet day – how nice! Prayers for your dad.

Cindyg – I have an HE machine and it still gets everything wet. I understand about the crinkle in the quilt. Eating at Cracker Barrel sounds really good – YUM.

Today I will be heading out to sandwich the t-shirt quilt. I’m only going to stitch in the ditch so that will make it quicker to quilt. My dad and step-mom cancelled their trip out here for my dad’s 85th birthday. He can’t go an hour without having to hit the bathroom and my poor step-mom was getting so stressed out. So it’s all for the best. Ordered the new dishwasher last night – geeze louise I can’t believe the cost of them! Have a wonderful and blessed day. xoxo Sharona

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:38 am

Good morning. A quick pass through. Oh, my, Becca, those sweet little twins are fighters! Blessings for them and your whole family.
Flo: hope you are healing on schedule.
Cindy: good to see you. Did you post a picture for us of the quilt?
Bit! We had a horrible storm last night right about bed time. Tornado warnings had a bunch of us gathering at shower house. It passed and we all went back to our campers. Overnight storms brought us 3 inches of rain. We needed rain, but that is a lot for one storm.
I will come back later to finish.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:05 am

Good morning!

BECCA - Prayers continue for both twins. Over all, they are making great strides. Are their parents able to hold them at all? Usually, in our NICU, very tiny and very sick babies were left undisturbed as much as possible, but when it came time for daily linen changes, etc, the nurses would often have parents hold them while new blankets were put on the warmer. And nurses would take their time about it, giving the parents more time to cuddle their babies. It's difficult with all the lines and tubes and hoses. But I think we all felt that the babies and the parents needed that contact.

KATHY - prayers continue for you, too! Hope every day has you feeling better.

FLO - hope XR's show nothing more than a mild muscle strain.

CINDY - Can you spritz those markings with a spray bottle? I don't usually wash quilts I give away just for that reason but I HAD to wash one once that I entered into the county fair. I ironed it afterward and it looked like new again. And if you prewashed the fabric before sewing the quilt, there was less of that puckering. That being said, doesn't your washer HAVE to get the full load wet?? Otherwise, what's the point of using that washer?

VAL - You take such good care of your dad - which really can't be easy. He is lucky to have you in his life. I hope you join SS. I wonder what Mary has in store for us this year.

SUZ - what kind of baby quilt are you making? My sailboat baby quilt is waiting for binding and then it will be done. Binding is made but binder has other stuff on her sewing table at the moment. :D It's for my chiropractor's baby. They live on a sailboat though they will be moving to a house soon. I'm trying to think what label, if any, to put on it - I'm just a client. And they aren't telling anyone the name yet.

SHARONA - Your day yesterday sounded busy. I hope today you can RELAX a bit!

VELDA - I HATE when storm warnings send you to the shower house! I hope you took Willy! Glad you are OK

CHRISS - err err err ERRR!

Yesterday we were in Seattle most of the day with Bill's uncle. He's awake! After 12 days we were starting to worry. He fell, fractured his hip, and had surgery. He's been asleep or seriously confused ever since. He's still some confused, but improved just during our visit. Afterward, we had conferences with staff about where to go from here, lunch with cousin, another visit with uncle, and then toured the rehab facility he will be going to later this week. We didn't get home until WAAAY past the dog's suppertime!

Meanwhile in my family, my Alaskan sister-in-law is sinking fast. The family sees a decline daily. She has been in hospital since last Thursday or Friday. They simply can't care for her at home any more. She's suddenly lost ability to walk and other big developments. There are absolutely no memory care beds available in all of Alaska but a friend of theirs from church happens to work at the hospital. She has authority and is squeezing Marge into the hospital rehab wing. Otherwise she would have had to go to Anchorage or be flown down to Washington. My brother finally got in last night and is with her now. He was piloting a wide-load and I guess he really had the driver shoveling coal to get home to Fairbanks ASAP.

As for me - I'm still working on my quilt for Bill's sister's new house when I have the time. today will be berry-picking on my morning walk, laundry, and probably some wood stacking. Bill splits, I stack. In between tractor bucket loads of newly split wood, I'm moving about 1-1/2 cords of 2-yr-old wood from under a tarp into the woodshed. Good thing I like stacking wood! It will be about 4 cords when all is said and done. Sometime this week I have to have a blood draw for my annual physical next Tuesday, go grocery shopping, and visit the chiropractor. Bill's uncle will most likely go to rehab later this week so we'll have to be on deck for that, too, and another family conference, too, to get him settled and goals set. Glad we had last weekend to simply rest up!

Wishing us all a thread-covered day!
mary z

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:23 am

Good morning! Low 60's this morning with a chance of rain.

Becca, thanks for the update. Prayers continue. Somehow I missed, are the twins 2 boys, girls or one each?

Flo, hope the ankle is better soon.

MaryZ, your brother has his hands full. Will be sending prayers that direction, too. Saw your post on Vicki. I had been wondering what trouble she was causing you.

Had a good day catching, MaryZ, catching fish yesterday, not just fishing. Brought in three large Walleye that are being froze for fish fry in Colorado or Texas. MaryZ, I love ya so much that I'm not going to invite ya to the fry! 😉😁

I'm working on an orange peel Quilt that I started about 4yrs ago. The couple parked next to us are nice. She paints rocks and gave me one. So I thought I would be nice back and make her a set of potholders, that shouldn't take long, right?!! I don't have a lot of stash with me this trip, so 2 hrs later after going thru every container and figuring what could go with what, I was ready to sew. Following a 'Quick to make' pattern took me about 4 hrs total. Lady didn't seem very happy with my gift. We've talked a little since then and one, I think at first she thought I had gone to the gift shop in town and bought them, and secondly, I think she's a little shy or something.

Hope you all have a good day.
Lyn

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:20 am

Becca, glad to hear the twins are improving. Hoping they will keep improving daily.

Well I need to pick up my quilts from the fair today. Going to start thinking about
a quilt for next year. I've also got guild tonight. Leah Zieber is our speaker. Her lecture is "History Repeated Antique Quilt Trunk Show and Lecture." Tomorrow I'll be
taking her class. Looking forward to that.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”