Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday August 12, 2019

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Monday August 12, 2019

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:15 am

Good morning Everyone,
Today I have to do 2 loads of wash then I will be in my sewing room
I don't know what I will get into I guess I will go through some of my stash Sindy from fatcats is having another sew along that starts September 1,.

Well there is nothing new on this horizon.
I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

FlorenceM

Re: Monday August 12, 2019

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:51 am

Morning Lois & all to follow
Off for an x-ray today. Friday, after Joe worked all day in heat setting up for tractor pull, 1 Lion member who doesn't go to meetings or help out, decided to redo everything his way..no one wanted to say anything to him because he thinks he is Mr Big around here. So we backed out. Tired of the stress.

Now time for coffee

Flo

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:52 am

Twins need prayers this morning as they are having their scans.We are trusting for a miracle for both.They continue to made strides each day & remain stable.Thanks everyone for your prayers & love.

So happy to hear from Kathy.Have sure worried about her.

Good morning everyone,Going to be a busy Day here with BWork,Banking,& other errands.Have to run in LQS fr a few things.

Lois Enjoy your day.And that washmore never ends.

A wonderful day for everyone I hope. Becca.
Prayers for Kathy ,Flo & all in need

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:17 am

Good morning..I was up early this morning ans stripped the bed...then decided to go through the sheets in the closet...refolding and separateing the twin from the queen...I have no linen closet. sp O use the top shelf oof the walk in closet...Ken will build me a linen cabinet when we start the bathroom remodel...I have plenty of room in the bathroom. I dont have any blankets to store just quilts which are stored in the other closet...
So I will do a bit of laundry and clean out the closet...I did start a wool table runner made of wool pennies last night...I am kitting it up to take on vacation.

Hope you all have a great day XXXXOOOO

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:30 am

Happy Monday! back to work for me. Need to focus on QAPI reports today. No more word from the gentleman who was let go so maybe we can not sit behind locked doors today.

Finished the Jelly Roll rows. I am going to put borders on just to make it a bit bigger. It is a very pretty fabric line so hoping the final project is too.

Dad is still having some cough. Wondering if it's his congestive heart failure. He has no fever and is eating good. If I could get him to take more fluids. Guess I will wait and see what happens.

I was able to get a friend to sit with him Saturday night. DH and I went to the fair in Napa. I was surprised at how it has changed since I last went. Very few exhibits. They did have some quilts to see and the local quilt guild was selling pillow cases. We also went and listened to a Journey tribute band. They were good. Nice to get out and do something other than go to work.

Continued prayers for the twins. Hoping the scans are positive. It sounds like they are getting excellent care.

Shower time, have a great day everyone.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:16 am

I've tried to catch up on the weekend posts. Now boss needs some reports so I have to go. I did make the label and attached it to my sister's quilt. Now all I have to do it wash it!

I hope we can all fondle fabric today.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:26 am

Good morning!

I have a friend coming over in a little while to use my LA to finish a quilt she started.

Quite bright and sunny outside and a tad bit cool too.

Yesterday after church, I put on my pioneer bonnet and made bread. Whole wheat bread, ground my own flour from the wheat I have. It turned out beautiful. This is now something I need to do for Michael. The bread we were eating is not being made anymore, so I will make it now. I have a great recipe that makes a bread that is light and fluffy and is 100% whole wheat. Good thing I have a mixer that does all the kneading for me too.

So today I am thinking I will make up some freezer meals for us. Give up time to quilt now, to get more time later! A few uglies are lurking as well.

Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:28 am

Good morning,

KATHY - SOO good to hear from you! I've been worrying. Wish I could come back there and help out. Keep on getting well. And congrats on your weight loss, though, Sweetie, there are better ways to do it . . (((HUG)))

JUDI - when does your bathroom remodel start? We are having new floor tile laid down in our master bath next week but that's all we're doing for now. Your tablerunner sounds fun. One of these days I'll do something wooly. I have started collecting wool and a couple of patterns. You and Lori, too, have done some beautiful things.

JANA - you sound like The Little Red Hen! Michael will love your bread!

CINDY - congrats on finishing your sister's quilt! You really whipped that out in just a few short years! haha! just kidding! Tell Diane hi from me! Stop by again later when the boss is busy!

VAL - I hope your dad's cough clears up soon. Have you listened to his chest sounds? Is he very active through the day? I'm happy you got out to the fair. You needed (and deserved!) a happy break like that.

FLO - I would have simply pulled out of that project, too, after all that work! Good luck with your XR.

LOIS - is Sindy's next sew-along the fat little penguins? So cute! I assume you are rooting around in your stash for penguin fabric?

Yesterday Bill split more wood while I stacked. I grew up stacking wood and I enjoy doing it. I'm a logger's daughter and often Daddy brought home firewood. If I was really good, I would be allowed to stack with him. And if my pile fell over I would be allowed to stack it again! I also spent a little time yesterday in my sewing room. Today we are going back to Seattle to see Bill's uncle and to meet his cousin at a rehab & senior living place to check it out. Ernie still isn't making much progress since his surgery 12 days ago and he will have to be transferred soon. We will be gone all afternoon. It's a 90-mile round trip and more than half of it will be about 10 mph on the freeway at 'rush hour'. (why do they call it "rush"? No one is rushing anywhere!)

And in my family, the hunt is on for a place for my brother's wife, too. And he still can't get home to her in FBX, though he only has 300 more miles to go. He is piloting a wide load, can't leave it, and has to travel at its pace.

Tomorrow we will start the last phase of our demolition in preparation for the first phase of our new floor installation. (does that make sense?) I will get the laundry done up one last time and Bill will pull the washer and dryer, laundry tub, and rip up the entryway floor. He says if we get desperate for laundry he'll hook the machines up in the yard. lol!

Wishing everyone a Marvy Monday!
mary z

CHRISS - where are you? We have a little rooster in training next door and he's reminding me of you!

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:47 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in today. I am so tired from our trip to Cincinnati yesterday. My Cubbies won so that made it really good. Rob and Sadie have left for home. I went and got a few groceries and now going to hibernate for a couple of days. I had a great time with my sons and grandson. My legs are just killing me from all the walking. Glad I had my hurry cane with me.

Going to rain today so can't mow even if I wanted to. Smoke and Sweetie are resting from all the playing with Sadie. Ordered take-out of sausage gravy and biscuits from Bob Evans. Too tired to even go out to eat my usual Monday morning breakfast.

Will come back later to read all the weekend posts. Hope everyone has a good day.

Sherry

womster

Post by womster » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:40 am

Good morning -

Running behind. Dishwasher is not washing so trying to find a repairman. Couldn't sleep last night so I am Mrs. Crabby pants today. Need to leave early for Costco as DH has an appt to get the tires rotated on the party van. Prayers for the twins and our Cathy. Love and hugs to the rest of you!

xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”