Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday August 11

Daily discussions.
Quiltmom

Sunday August 11

Post by Quiltmom » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:47 am

Good morning all! Can't believe that I am starting this subject this morning. I think first time I have ever done it. Just quick stop in because getting ready to leave for the Cubs VS Cincinnati game in Cincinnati today. It is a 3 1/2 hour drive there. So looking forward to going. Hope my Cubs win.

Hope everyone has a good day. Prayers going out for the twins and Tina's Dad.

Sherry

purrfect-lady

Re: Sunday August 11

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:22 am

Good early morning,

We have 3 starts this morning to our sew-in. Are we ALL up and on the go already? This one was posted first, so here's where I'm going.

LOIS - I'm thinking your gnomes are so cute! Will they be for you? Have I asked this already? Sorry if I repeat.

SHERRY - have a terrific time at the game today! Though I know you don't need ME telling you that!

VAL - I about spit out my coffee when I read about the 'thunderous lightbulbs'! :lol: :lol: And then I read it to my DH and he's been laughing ever since! Sorry your dad got sick, too. Those germs sure can migrate. Hope he suffers no ill effects. I guess you'll just have to add a lot of chicken soup to his diet rather than try to sub broth for coffee. I know my dad would NEVER have given up his coffee.

JANA - bummer about your SIL's knee. Hope it's not too serious. Your wall-hanging sounds nice. You are staying one step ahead of the calendar!

CHRISS - any house news? sewing news? Moose news? How are (is?) Glo-Rich doing on their house?

KATHY - missing you and hoping you are better and might pop in today.

BECCA - I'm sure you know by now that we are all anxious for our twin report every day. And we're all praying for good news.

JUDI - was the event with Liam yesterday? and how did you do?

SUZETTE - is the retreat over today?

I'm up early today. When the dog is ready to get up, EVERYBODY gets up, ready or not. Not a lot going on here this weekend, which is really nice. My sailboat baby quilt is on the frame and Bill has it half quilted with a little sailboat pattern. I have my binding ready to go. I sewed quite a bit yesterday. Then I sewed some more, sewed it wrong, - un-sewed it in front of TV last night, and will re-sew again today. It's a plan. I also cleaned the woodshed and stacked a little bit of wood yesterday (1/4 cord) and we will probably split/stack some more again today. My SIL in Alaska with Alzheimers had a crisis yesterday and was taken to the hospital. Dr said she now needs long term care but no bed is available so she may be "relocated". The text from my niece was brief and middle of the night. I will call today to see what their plan is. So glad we got to see her when we did.

Piece!
mary z

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:27 am

Morning
Tractor pull was yesterday, went well. I say in my chair taking money at ice cream booth. I left at 10 pm, Joe didn't get in til 1am so he is sleeping in.
Tomorrow I go for x-ray on foot and this week we sign papers to transfer project house.
My DS & family probably found new rental in Cali, but please keep praying for them.

Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:51 am

Good morning!

Iney, meany miney mo, which post shall I go?

Today is church and later we will probably be invaded by some set of grands. Most likely Matt's as they are going camping tomorrow for the week. Last hurrah before school starts. Matt will commute to work from where they camp. It is not a long drive to his office.

Sewed a bit and am down to the last bit of assembly on my wall hanging. Had a little help from my Gracie, as she came to visit last night. Aaron was showing his dad the new maps for his drone.

Still nice and cool. One or two patches of snow left over on my mountains. Who knows, there still may be old sniw, when the new snow falls this year.

Do something fun!

Hugs,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:09 am

Good morning everyone. what a great day it's going to be. Soon I will go play in my room. I need to make some binding for a quilt I stitched in the ditch.

Yesterday the swap meeting at quilt group was fun. I took a bunch of books and patterns and ended up bringing less than half home with me. And I took home some things I really don't need. There was quite a bit of stuff. One lady had a good sized box full of buttons.

Maryz, prayers for your SIL. Sorry about the unsewing and resewing.

Valerie, my quilt group has a Christmas party where they play strip dice. you bring as many 2 1/2 inch strips and roll dice that passes strips around the table and also ante's into the pot. It's what I used for my jelly roll race top. but it was a fun and quick quilt to make. would be a great use for scraps. Hope dad feels better soon. Love the thunder light bulb story, too cute.

Becca, I'm so glad the twins are thriving, amazing how exciting poop can be isn't it? what a blessing for their mom. I bet she hasn't exhaled in a while. hugs to her.

Judi, Nothing better than the smell of rubber and dirt. yay for Liam, he really has a cool grandpa.

Sherry, I hope your cubs win too.

I am off to go play, you all have a groovy day
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:22 am

Well, today is my unpack day from the retreat. Yesterday was the last day. I was able to get the middle part of the quilt done. I think I am going to sign up for the retreat next year in the spring and late fall. Plus they are going to have a technique of the month class I am thinking about. Plus I am hoping we can squeeze a beach trip in. Geeezzz I have just about planned my fun for next year. :D Have a great day.
Suzette

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:08 am

Sherry, have fun. I sure hope they can win today. Last nights game was terrible. Have a good trip.

Lois, I took a picture of the quilt at the fair. It's just a gnome quilt. I thought they were Christmas gnomes. I'll post a picture for you later. They are very cute.

Chriss, if you brought home less than you took, it's a win! I take things to my guild and put them on the free table. I'm always happy when everything is gone by the end of the night. Less stuff to clutter up my space. However, I still have a lot of stuff.

Well this is a busy week for me, so I need to plan well so I can get things done. I have Quilt guild, Workshop, Friendship group and wives club Tuesday though Thursday.
I still need to do everything else I usually do as well. I may have over extended myself. lol

He a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:26 am

God Morning Lois...It is a beautiful day. We have nothing planned...I will make a pot of chili and Ken is working on the camper...we have some modifications he wants to do...Mechanical not inside...I have a couple of things Id like to do to the camper but they will wait.

Yesterday Ken decided he was well enough to go to the Roadkill Nights...They had a great time and got home about 6 smelling like rubber and dirt....Liam had a blast and was exhuasted...I did spend some time with Sophia and Nolan but my DIL called and asked Sophia to come over and swim with her,,,She is Sophias godmother and they love eachother,,,so I dropped her off therr and Nolan stayed home...I took a nap and did nothing else the rest of the day.
Hope you all have a wonderful day XXXXOOOO

Return to “Sew ins”