Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday August 8th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Thursday August 8th

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:50 am

Good morning,,,I am up and moving...I have a pedicure appt at 10 so I need to get a few things done first like combing the hairs and getting dressed.

Liam has gone home...and I did get the binding sewn on the quilt...now just need to stitch it down...Colleens birthday is tomorrow and she doesnt know about the quilt...It was a impulse on my part too...my baby will be 38, Liam and his Grampa have a special bond here...Liam will do anything out in the shop Ken has taught him well... If "Pa" says so it has got to be...we now have 2 tractors here and the first one is apart on the floor to be REDONE need a rollcage and a straight axel for more speed (not my idea) but thats what Liam does when he comes here...My sister gave him an old John Deer and he is going to redo that one next...Ken just offers advice now and does the welding..He also cuts out grass and does what ever we need done...He is 11 and is a special kid . Hockey Practise for the year has begun so we will see him at the rink more than here...

I will check back and read posts...thanks for all the advice on the hockey quilt...It is a later project we need a few more shirts. Have a wonderful day XXXXOOOO

FlorenceM

Re: Thursday August 8th

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:10 am

Morning Judi & all to follow
Doc appointment today. Then I will call my local GP to have my foot checked.
A/c is up & running, it was the thermostat. Tech will be back today to check rest of system to make sure nothing else is wrong.
Raining here today.

Flo

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:38 am

Good morning Ladies,
Today after a few trips up Mt Wash More and a few uglies I will finish my last gnome until tomorrow when I receive my next block.
When sewing yesterday I was about to order a new applique open to foot for my baby lock but then remembered I have snap on feet to my Elna so I put it on and it worked so it's a win win for me.

Well there is nothing else new here time to hop in the shower Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:57 am

Good morning Ladies
Not much going on here. Put down more mulch and pea gravel yesterday. Also got about a third of binding on my quilt. I need to have it on by August 20. There is a show it will go into. I hope to have my Jack o lantern quilt completed for the show too.
I need to have all my garden stuff done in next two weeks. House cleaning starts then.
As for my veggie garden I am just now getting tomatoes. Plenty of zuccini and cukes. Potato crop was not good in large garden only about 30 pounds. But this enough to share along with onions and zuccinis.
Lois Lucky you on foot fitting.
Judi I need a pedicure bad. lol

Well I am off for more coffee.
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:01 am

Good morning all! Busy day today getting house ready for Rob and Sadie to come tomorrow. having the whole family here tomorrow for a cookout. It is so nice to be able to have both my sons and family here together. Just wish DH was here with us also.

This afternoon am going to Bryan to watch the procession for the returning Army veteran who was shot in Afghanistan by one of their soldiers. Perhaps you read about it on the news. He is from my hometown and only 20 years old. He got married last winter and his wife is expecting a baby in December. I cried when I heard about it. Makes me realize how lucky my DS2 was with 30 years in the Corps and several trips to Afghanistan. Please keep his family in your prayers.

Well better get going. Hope everyone has a good day.

Sherry

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:02 am

Good morning Grammie, Flo and Lois.

Lois looking forward to seeing your gnomes all put together. I am collecting the ones from fatcatpatterns.com but not sure I will ever do them. Applique is not my best suit.

Flo good luck at your doctor. Hope he/she says wonderful things.

Grammie so happy Liam follows in Pa's footsteps. So many follow the internet today and I think that is leading to disaster.

We have our big meeting at work today, then a doctor who specializes in CBD is coming to give a talk on that. It is legal here in California and some our patient's want to use it so I guess we should know something about it. I know it is part of the Marijuana plant but really don't know much else. Too scared to use it myself.

I am putting a roast in the crock pot this morning. DH came home sick from work yesterday, if he goes today he is working the late shift so care giver needs something to feed Dad for dinner. She will be here until 6:30 so will stop and get a few groceries on my way home from work.

Was out of the office most of the day yesterday doing Hospice Aide annual eval and an admission so hoping to get some catch up time today.

I better get that roast going so I can leave a bit early, Admin coming today.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:28 am

Good morning!

In awhile we will head up to camp with Ethan and his dad. About a 90 minute drive up to the mountains. It probably will rain on our trip up there, but as per usual, wait 5 minutes and it will be clear. Ethan is spending the night with us.

Worked on my wallhanging yesterday. The directions were giving me fits, because I was trying to skim and missed all the little instructions. So sat down, did one thing at a time, double checking myself and then moved on. So glad I have a triangle square up ruler - I had some very small triangle squares to square up. I needed to be careful because I am using scraps and one piece I was almost out of - just had enough with a few inches to spare. The applique will stay as Ethan helped me, if I changed it, he would get upset.

Not much else here. Ethan needs a haircut and so do I, maybe this afternoon.

Valerie - I am collecting the chickens from FatCat patterns, the free Hen Party. One a month for free. Only two left for the set. I even have the background and backing fabric, so I can start anytime on assembly.

Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:34 am

Good morning โ˜บ
Mary Z, yep I'm making 2 Spider-Man quilts, maybe 3 if I have enough because Matthew just discovered he loves Spider-Man LOL
Mary Q, Dad is about the same. I think he does too much especially outside in the heat but he lives in a single wide mobile home and I think the walls close in on him a lot, I know if my walls were that close it would drive me bonkers...well more so than I already am.
Lois, yes sadly we have swamp coolers, it was 79 in the coolest part of the house yesterday, I'm wilting!
I'm collecting Fatcat patterns also, I just need some time ๐Ÿ˜‰ did you all see the penguins coming out for next month? Super cute!
I drew out 2 quilts yesterday on graph paper, I'm still working on the 2nd one, it's how I'm planning on doing our mini bow ties from that swap, I do have to make more to make me a big quilt but I'm really excited to get them all done and started! I need to lay my Christmas blocks out now too and decide how I'm putting those together! I thought I was only have the boys yesterday but ended up with all 3, kind of exhausting for me because I'm sick but love having them. I gotta do better for lunch today though, I didn't have a plan yesterday. Breakfast is always a breeze, pancakes and sausage ๐Ÿ˜‚ they live for breakfast here!
Well I better scoot and get ready for them. You all have a great day!
Tina

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:02 am

Good morning!

BECCA - I opened my day with a prayer for your twins.

VAL - And the hits just keep on coming at your house. Hope your hubby gets well QUICK. A cold or flu or ?

SHERRY - I so understand all you are feeling about finally being able to gather your whole family together but missing your sweetie. I like to think his spirit is there with you. God bless.

KATY - did your chiropractor authorize spreading much and gravel and digging potatoes? Is it housecleaning time already?

JUDI - your Liam is one in a million. We should have more Ken/Liam teams in our country! Will you get the binding finished in time? Happy Birthday to Colleen!

LOIS - how great that you found a foot that works! They can be expensive. I gave up printing off the gnomes. I missed too many of them. Your quilt is going to be cute!

FLO - Hope your foot passes inspection!

TINA - I sure hope you start feeling better - especially since you have to babysit. But maybe Jaz can help with things. She's practically a young woman now! PB&J's make a popular lunch here! I made a double set of the bow ties and arranged them differently in each throw-sized quilt. I LOVE how they came together! I used scraps of strips to make a piano key border for one of them. I looked up your forecast for next 10 days. It wasn't great but at least it's under 100. Do you have any fans?

JANA - of course, you must keep the applique if Ethan helped you with it! Or - maybe give it to him for his room. . . . How is his quilt coming along? Have a fun and safe trip today.

Our demolition is nearly done except for last minute things that we can handle without help. My house looks like an empty war zone. I think the guys are making a big dump run today. We had a yard party (10 people) last night so everyone could visit Bob & Betsy. Potluck taco feed, then campfire. It was fun! And a 7-week old puppy in the crowd only made it more fun. Not a lot of sewing going on here last few days, but next week - watch my smoke! lol!

Wishing us all a sewy day!

mary z

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:47 am

Good Morning Girls

Just a quick fly-by this morning.. I'm up, showered, dressed, face on and hair done.... car is packed and I'm ready to hit the road! Just a quick stop for gas and I'll be on my way to Wisconsin. So if any of you know where Lacrosse, WI is... that's where I'm headed. It's almost a 4 hour drive from me, but I've packed a cooler with water and snacks for the drive.. And just for grins I checked out the possibility of a quilt shop along the way... THERE IS ONE! in a tiny little town right on the way! I think my car has "auto pilot" for quilt shops!

The plan is to come home on Saturday with Brennen and Evie and have them for a little while before they have to head back to WI. I think Shawn's FIL and I will meet somewhere in the middle to exchange the kids. DIL Kris will be flying down to pick them up around the 22nd or so.

I will surely miss you all while I'm gone and think of you every day... sending lots of prayers for all your needs. Especially Levi and Taylor!

See you on Sunday
and if you need something I might have on hand and need to get in my house, just let me know and I'll text you the secret code to get in my house :lol:

Return to โ€œSew insโ€