Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday August 8th

Daily discussions.
womster

Re: Thursday August 8th

Post by womster » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:14 am

Good morning!

Judi – it warms my heart to hear about Liam and his grandpa’s relationship. He is a special young man.

Flo – hallelujah for the a/c! Good luck with the doctor.

Lois – I can’t wait to see your gnomes. Hurray for having the foot you needed.

Katy – I envy you your garden. Sounds like your binding will be done in plenty of time for the show.

Sherry – I am so happy for you that your family is reunited. I know it’s bittersweet that your DH isn’t there to celebrate with you. Prayers for the young veteran. It’s neat that you’re going to the parade.

Valerie - it will be interesting to see what the doc has to say about CBD oil. If they’re going to use it medicinally, they need to get their collective act together and regulate how they’re grown. A roast sounds yummy!

Jana – glad you figured out your wall hanging. The devil’s in the details, as they say. Happy haircuts to you and Ethan.

Tina – it’s so hard to make our parents behave! I agree – being out in that heat is not the best, but what can we do. I hope your heat breaks soon so you can get a cool-down. Hope you’re feeling better – enjoy the kids.

Maryz – wow it will be like you’re moving into a new house by the time you get the new floors in. I would love a taco pot luck yard party. I hope you had smores for dessert. I’m preshrinking the batting because I don’t want this quilt to pucker. Being match challenged, I wasn’t sure what 3% shrinkage would due to the t-shirts.

Maryq – dang, woman! It seems like you just got back and now you’re leaving again. Have a great trip there and back. Aren’t you a sweetie to share your secret code. Prayers for a safe travels.

My DGD arrived to boot camp up in the Great Lakes somewhere. I'm so relieved she passed the drug and pregnancy tests - woohoo! I'm so proud of her for sticking with her commitment. She's only 18 and 4 months - barely over 5'. My thread came yesterday, so now I’m all set to piece together the backing and get this quilt sandwiched. YAY! I’ll be so glad to have it done. My DGS leaves the 23rd of this month so I still have time. Not much new here. Have a groovy and blessed day! xoxo Sharona

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:39 am

Judi, I love when kids want to get out and do things with their hands. Creating and fixing things is so important for the younger generation.

Sharona, have fun putting your quilt together.

Maryq, safe travels. Have fun shopping at the little shop along the way.

Maryz, having work done to the house is exhausting, but it's so nice when it's finished.

Jana and Tina, I need to go check out the fatcat patterns.

Didn't sew yesterday. Just couldn't get going. Hopefully will sew today.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:19 pm

Hey everyone. Late to the rodeo. I had to get some uglies done, a session with OT--next week I get discharged, I have met my max potential. I will be going weekly for a deep message for my arm muscles, and may get a trainer to help with my strenght training--not sure just yet. Well you know I said I was again retired. HAHA that lasted a week. I was hired on by a school in New Mexico. So I had to get all my paperwork mailed in to get my Speech Therapy License and Educators License. UGH so much paperwork. 2 things they require they can get for free online but wanted it sent directly from my two licensure boards which cost me 45 bucks; that killed me. Also all my docs had to be notarized OMG that was like 10 pages. Crazy.
Didnt have LIL man today so that made it a bit easier doing all my running.
Stopped and got DD and me lunch then back home.

Valarie I too am doing the Gnome fat cat patterns.

Sherry I saw something on the Ohio Vet. All my family was military so yeah I know the fear.

Jana I too am doing the hens. well lets say I have all the patterns printed in a folder LOL

MaryZ what rooms are you renoing???

Sharona did DGD do Army boot camp???

Well all you gals behave. I am gonna go finish hanging out clothes and ger ready for tonight.
Taking DH dad out for his birthday.
Hugs and prayers all
🐐izzy

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:00 pm

Izzy I'm confused. How do you do speech therapy in different states without traveling or moving to that state :?: :?

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Sew ins”