Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

wednesday August 7th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

wednesday August 7th

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:02 am

Good morning...it is wet out there indicating it rained last night. no outside work today...I have a binding to make...and attach. finsihed the quilt last night,,,Friday is DD birthday so no pressure.

Liam is here sleeping away...He has decided to dismantle his tractor again and modify it to go faster..not a good thing but Ken is supervising,,,( not too fast Grampa) so he was grease covered and smiling last night After a shower he am grampa watched car shows for an hour and I read a book/. He will go home today since hockey practise starts tonight, a new season begins...I still have a bag of old jersies and shirts for a hockey quilt but not quite enough for the project. I told DD to get me a few more shirts...truth be told I have never made a shirt quilt and dont know where to begin...Utube videos seems like a good place...

well I need coffee and a search for binding fabric....have a wonderful day XXXXOOOO
Has anyone heard from Kathyquilts...its been awhile since we heard she was sick...Prayers sent

velvet

Re: wednesday August 7th

Post by velvet » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:06 am

Good morning. Starting the day with some history from yesterday QOV
8 retired with over 24 years of service-1 was a woman.
2 were in the Korean War.
2 were in WW11- Robert German was one of the last submarine sailors, he is 97
Carl Records was a physican under Gen. Patton he is 101.
1 was in Vietnam 67 to 69 and lost his leg there. He proudly showed off his medal. Will the horrors of war ever stop?? How many more families will be destroyed??

Diane

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:08 am

Good morning everyone,sunny here but we get showers every day.
Been a rough time here .Trying to settle back down.
TWINS had a critical nite on Monday night but were stable yesterday.Each twin has a valve in heart that hasn’t closed.They are on meds Hoping surgery will not be needed.Thanks for your prayers.They mean so much.

KATHY Prayers continues for you each day Hoping there is improving.

It’s Groceries day.I had to go out on Monday for Med & errands & it was a Trying time as nothing went right.Hope it’s better today.Also uglies to do.We stay on hi alert if the phone rings or a text comes.
Hope everyone’s day goes well.Have missed a lot.Prayers for Kathy,Lyn,& Flo. Becca

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:09 am

Forgot to say we did 30 quilts yesterday (had a gray moment)

Diane

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:12 am

Morning
Here I go retyping. My post went poof.
Air conditioner went poof. And it's hot & humid here. Joe will call a tech. We close escrow on project house Monday. We are breaking even but only put time into it not much money.
Foot still hurts so walk to doc office tomorrow is going to be a long one, I see plastic surgeon.
Kathy t shirt quilts are easy, just remembered lightweight fusible batting.

Flo

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:22 am

Good morning, what a wonderful day today will be.

Lots going on here. Grandma's house is in escrow. No roof inspection was requested so no issues there. It's a 90 day escrow so will be three months before everything is done and over. Praise God.

I'm learning a new job at work. This is the supervisor's position over the job I applied for. They still haven't filled the position and this supervisor is retiring in October. I was told they weren't grooming me for the position when it comes vacant, I will still need to apply for it. I am excited to learn something new. In the meantime my current position is being divvied up between different people.

My mom is doing well and healing nicely. Just wish she would eat more. UGH! Parents.

Valerie, that jelly roll race is fun. I imagine if you took all your scraps and put them into strips you could use up a lot of fabric. Can't wait to see yours all done, It's a neat way to make a quilt.

Sharona, DH took the Direct TV dish down and put the antenna in it's bracket. He had to do something to fasten it and when he had the antenna how he wanted it he put a bolt through the pole to hold it in place. He also used Direct TV's cable to hook it up since it was already in place. Our antenna is no higher than our dish was. I love it. There is a lot of free tv out there. How did the cardio appointment go?

Maryq, yay for you being home. bet the kids had a blast school shopping. Also glad Jen got all moved. It must have been wonderful for her to have her mom to help.

Judi, like Valerie, I keep tabs on the kids via facebook and Instagram

Valerie, to change the font color look at the box you type your reply in. there is a teardrop ( last in the row of options) click on it and pick a color. it's fun.

Suzette, have a wonderful retreat.

Lois, it was hard but I took the time to search for wedding pictures. what a beautiful couple, and such a happy event. you also looked marvelous. a huge congratulations on your new daughter in law.

Maryz, how did the tree felling go? did your neighbor ever remove his tree? is the carpet beautiful? I want blackberries. what does the quilt look like?

Judi, What fun for Liam to have such a cool grandpa, he will have those memories forever.

Becca, what strong little twins you have. they just fight and fight.

Flo, when you hit submit look and see if your post is really there. If someone posts while you are typing it will ask if you want to read those posts before you post ( clear as mud right?) Just hit submit again and make sure you see your post before shutting down.

My car turned 19,000 miles yesterday and as a treat I am filling it's gas tank this morning. which means I need to get moving.

Your all have a great day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:47 am

I posted here yesterday but it's not there. What the heck?????

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:58 am

Just a quick drive by this AM, plumbing issues in the kitchen last night so by the time DH got that fixed, too late to clean up dishes. Going to do before I go to work. Also the reason I got no sewing done last night.

DH is fighting a cold, hoping I don't get it and give it to Dad. Other than his last episode, which really wasn't sick, he hasn't really had any illnesses since he has been here. Hoping it stays that way.

Chriss glad to hear the house is in Escrow. Another step in the right direction. Good luck on the job. Sounds like you are the prime candidate.

Seems like lots of Poof's going on lately.

Continued prayers for the twins. With each passing day it is a good sign. Such a tough fight so young.

Not much too really talk about today so will go get started on Kitchen.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:20 am

Judi - how old is Liam? Sounds like he and his grandpa have a lot in common.

Diane - how interesting it must be to go talk to those vets. The 97 year old and the 101 year old - are they still cognizant? My daddy was in the navy on a submarine. Anchors Aweigh! I can hear him singing at the top of his lungs.

Becca - how much do the twins weigh? If you said, I missed it. I hope they don't need surgery BUT they are doing marvelous things these days in the medical field. I know you are worried so we are worried along with you and praying.

Flo - what did you do to your foot??? Gosh, it's too bad you won't make any money on that house. It's hot and humid here, too. It's always a couple of degrees hotter than the weatherman says so it'll be 100* today. I would have to go to a hotel if our AC went out this time of year. Me and the doggies.

Chriss - YEA!!! Grandma's house is in escrow and you don't have to put a roof on it. Marvy! Good luck learning the new job that they aren't grooming you for - LOL. As far as the color - I think you have to hi-lite the post and then hit the color button. My car gets a drink of gas after work today...it's getting thirsty.

Maryz - what tree felling? What blackberries? What quilt?

I fiddled around last night with my embroidery machine. Since my sister's quilt is houses I was trying to emb a house on the label. I did it but I don't like it. Tonight I'm going to embroider just the info and call it a label. We are re-watching Downton Abbey, the whole thing start to finish, so that our minds are refreshed when the movie comes out. We almost never go to the movies but we WILL go to see this one.

I hope we can all fondle fabric today.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:40 am

Good morning :)
We've been so hot and humid too, 100 just about every day for about a month now! Whew! And now we're getting humidity with it, I wished I had refrigerated air.
Becca, praying for the twins, they sure are little fighters ❤
Chriss, yay on the house and learning something new, I always love learning! Sorry your mom isn't eating enough.
Judi, sounds like fun at your house! I'm going to attempt some half t-shirt and half material Spider-Man quilts. I also have one of my Pampered Chef customers that wants me to make a t-shirt quilt from her daughter's t-shirts for her birthday in February....I went on Facebook and looked at Glenda's, she did beautiful ones!
Valerie, I hope you and your dad stay not sick :)
Flo, that's a bummer about not making a profit. Sorry you hurt your foot.
Diana, your QOV sound amazing, thank you ❤
I'm sure I'm missing some, I'm on my phone and can't go to another screen and look though.
Summer session of school is coming to an end, Easton will be here starting today for 1 week until regular school year starts on the 13th, Jazmyne has today left and then will be here till regular start day too. I guess the teachers don't get any days off.
I'm doing the Maytag mumbo today and watching kids 😊 you all have a great day!
Tina

Return to “Sew ins”