Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday August 6,2019

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Tuesday August 6,2019

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:38 am

Good morning Everyone,
I know it's way early but I'm up so I guess I will open the threads yesterday we went through our fireproof safe we had a bunch of papers that weren't any good so we shredded about 2 garbage bags so now that's done today I have an appointment and after I get back we also have a bj's run so I will be sewing when I get back.

Suzette I hope you have everything ready for your retreat I wish they had somewhere for a retreat where I live .
Well there is nothing new on this horizon.
Everyone have a great day .
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

billizzy

Re: Tuesday August 6,2019

Post by billizzy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:35 am

Good morning Lois. How are all you ladies this morning....sleeping I see :lol: I am up and going. Yesterday I went and got the most beautiful lil baby. Its an 1891 treadle machine actually made here in Louisville KY. She is sweet. I told DH she is my last addition to the sewing room. She is a shuttle so I will have to watch a few videos on how to wind a shuttle and load it correctly. Oh the adventure. Here is a photo of her. Image

Nothing much new here. I wont be working for DE this school year. They found an in house speech therapist so canceled my contract. Thats ok. My recruiter is looking into other schools but for some reason I am ok if no work this year.

Today is therapy day. I only have 4 vists left and that is ok. I have a boat load of exercises to work on to keep my arms going. Gimpy will always be my sweet lil gimpy LOL. Now I will just wait and see how things go.

Today is Music train for my sweet lil man. Oh how he is growing. Saturday Opa is taking him to the rodeo. I cant wait to get the pictures on that one they will be sitting right by the shoot and he loves cows. What fun the boys will have. That is going to be my sew alone time LOL. Too hot and no way I can stand sitting on metal bleachers for hours. ;)

Well have a great day ladies. I gotta get me some java and get ready for lil man.
🐐izzy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:36 am

Good morning!

My Stu has nicknamed the trio of kids - cup, pint, and quart. He needed to do some work yesterday, so called to see if they could come play at grandma's and Lila could take her nap here. Quart, aka, Ethan, will be here today as well. He was disappointed not to sew yesterday, but we will today. We will work on his quilt top and maybe get it done while Sarah is gone this week.

Chriss - yes, it does sound like a rock group from the 70's! Love it!

Aaron passed his license by the FAA to fly his drone. He was worried, but scored the highest grade from those in his class. Even higher than the guy teaching the class! Now on the learning to fly the thing!

Not much else here. Worked on my October wall hanging, getting all the pieces parts traced onto fusible. Now to cut the patchwork leaves in the border.

Hugs,
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:51 am

Good Morning,,it is another muggy day but better days are coming. they say a cool down is in the works/// I have Liam here tooday...He needed a break and hasnt been here in a while...Sophia was at her friends house so she didint come. Usually if one comes so does the other,,,NOlan the teenager doesnt come over unless he has to...Not that he doesnt love us but he is busy with football camp and his friends, They are also reviving the PokemanGo thing where they use their cell phones to find this charecter around the neighborhood...it seems like fun even some parents are [laying.

I have the quilt on the frame and started I will try to get down there to work on it today...I also have the homeless wraps to do and 2 ufos to work on...so I can do that after Ken gets home and he and Liam go out to the shop. Not sure what I will cook today,,, but I will figure that out too..

Have a wonderful day XXXXOOOO

kenderosa

Post by kenderosa » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:14 am

Good Morning....
I'm up extra early, couldn't sleep any longer so made coffee and got started on the Redwork again. At least it's quiet type work. :lol:

Judi~ I get a kick out of teenagers and grandparents. They are a hoot, so hilarious to watch their attitudes etc.

I've been busy in the kitchen, canning black beans and pinto beans. Onion stock and French onion soup are next. Yum

Maryz~ How are the blackberries looking down your way? I think it will be another week before I can pick, at least the sun is out there making them ripe. Apples will be ready next week too, so will be canning apple pie filling. House smells so good when that is going on.

We have another camping trip to the mountain planned, so will be gearing up the camper again. Found a few items to decorate the bathroom in there. Need to find mounting velcro in order to hang the items.

Off to start my day..... Prayers for Becca and the babies.

Sue

velvet

Post by velvet » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:21 am

Awake and ready to start a busy day. Today at the rec ctr QOV presentation, we have 32 vets. Have to be there to set up at 11. Wish us luck. Hope to get some stories for tomorrow's post.
I think I need another mug of coffee then putting on roller skates for the show. Let the fun begin!! LOL

Diane

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:31 am

Ok, try as I might I cannot figure out how you girls are changing the color of your name! Makes it easy to find you!

Oh my, I hear Dad already! Let's just all be quiet and maybe he will go back to bed. :D

Izzy nice new baby you have there. Looks to be in good condition too.

Sue you sound pretty busy with your canning. Not many people in California do that anymore I don't think. Maybe in the rural areas.

Grammie my teen grandchildren stopped coming so much too as they got older. The ones who live close are now all adults and having their own lives. My granddaughter (19) will send me messages on facebook at times to keep me apprised of what is going on in her life. DGS not so much. I have to watch his facebook and instagram accounts.

Jana congratulations to Aaron.

Not much going on here. Work is moving right along. One of the HHA resigned and is going to another company. That's okay, she won't have near the liberties she has here. But she is young and has to check things out. Our census is low and the other 2 girls can pick up her patient's. I will work on that schedule today.

Guess I should go and start getting ready for work. I think Dad went back to bed.

Valerie
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:04 am

Good morning everyone.
I am just about done cutting the fabric for my retreat. Today I should be able to finish that and then tomorrow I can check everything and make sure I am ready. My trip to the eye dr was good. The detached retina has healed itself. It was small when they found it. So I am happy about that. Our 3 youngest grand kids start school next week. I can’t believe they are starting that early. My step daughter will have one kid in each school. Elementary, Middle and high school. We picked a few things for the youngest to start school with. She is coming to get them in a little bit. So I better get. Have a great day.
Suzette

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:11 am

Good morning all! Another very humid day but supposed to get some rain today. This evening I am going to Sauder Village for their member's night picnic and get together. It is always nice and a good time.

Need to start getting some cleaning done since Rob and Sadie are coming this weekend. Friday night cookout with everyone here. On Sunday Rob, Doug, GS John and I are going to Cincinnati to see the Cubs play the Reds. Easier to get tickets there than at Wrigley Field and also cheaper. After Rob goes home on Monday will probably just "collapse".

Lois - I clean my safe and files out every so often also. Don't need a shredder though. I burn them in the stove in the garage. My DH always said if they could put the ashes back together they were welcome to them.

Izzy - Love your new sewing machine. I remember my mom having a treadle machine when I was small. Enjoy your learning.

Jana - Love your Grandkids names.

Judi - Know what you mean about teenagers. John is 12 and he comes over quite often with his Dad. Chris is 17 and very busy with football and learning to drive. Do see him some though. I still see them more than when they lived in Japan and I get to hug them now. Both are playing football this year so will get to go see them play and looking forward to that.

Diane - Sounds like you are so very busy with your QOV. How many are in your group? Not sure we have any groups around here but will check. Not much in our newspapers about them.

Well better go get everyone fed and find some ambition. Hope everyone has a good day.

Sherry

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:37 am

Good morning,

Busy morning here - Friends arrived in their trailer yesterday for 4 days. Bill an Bob already have the last of our ceramic floor tiles removed. Now for the rest of the old carpeting. And our tree guy arrived at 0700 this morning to take down 4 trees in our front woods that are either dead or leaning over the neighbor's yard. So we have a full morning here! Can't stay to chat. But in sewing news, I found a quilt on pinterest that I like for my DSIL and DBIL. No pattern, just a pic, but I am using it for my inspiration and made a sample block yesterday.

SHARONA - so what was the big reveal at your lunch??

IZZY - love your new machine!

JUDI - we rarely see our DGSs any more now that they are grown. :( They have their own homes and lives and jobs.

SUE - blackberries are starting to come on. I will probably start picking by the end of the week. Next week they'll be full on ripe. Want some?

SHERRY - I love it! A night picnic!

CINDY - Labor Day in 3 weeks?? Say it isn't so!! Where will you be camping?

LOIS - Was the wedding wonderful?? Files. Ugh!! We just did ours, too. We burn in our wood stove or ourside fire pit. Our shredder is too small for file shredding.

MARY Q - welcome home!!! And looks like good-bye again very soon!

DIANE - have a wonderful day!

Got too run! My job is to keep dog and cat away from tree-falling. they are just too friendly and curious!

have a super day, everyone!!

Return to “Sew ins”