Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday, August 5th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Monday, August 5th

Post by suzette58 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:16 am

Good morning everyone.
I am just about done getting the fabric cut for my paper piecing retreat. Today I may or may not get anything done because I have an eye dr appointment. I have a small place on my retina that is detached. It has been doing well by closing itself off. So, today the dr will dialate my eyes and see what is going on. It takes several hours my eyes to go back. Yesterday I took the dogs outside and when I came in I kept hearing something buzzing. Some kind of bug had gone down my shirt. I thought I had gotten it out but it was still in there. I was yelling and one of our dogs got scared and was shaking. But, at least I got the bug out. It was funny. I hope everyone has a great day.

Becca - I hope everything is going well with the babies.
Suzette

purrfect-lady

Re: Monday, August 5th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:50 am

Good morning,

SUZETTE - hope all goes well at the eye doctor for you today. Glad you got that bug out. When we got into the yellow jacket ground nest in our woods a few weeks ago, they got under our shirts. OUCH! I was thinking your retreat was this past weekend.

BECCA - I've thought all weekend long about your twins. Still offering up prayers.

JUDI - how is your poor suffering patient? You know, he's probably going to be generous and share with you, don't you. Have a glass of orange juice!

LYN - hope you get to fish today. (note I didn't say CATCH fish! lol!)

CHRISS - anything happen over the weekend on the house? How is your mom progressing?

LORI - how purrfect! Having a friend with a cabin in the mountains is even better than having your own! (no taxes, payments, upkeep!). What a great place for your own personal retreat!

MARY Q - you should be home by now. You can rest! lol!

VAL - would love to have that pork chop recipe . . . .

JANA - how did church go yesterday with your spontaneous chorister duties?

SHERRY - I'm sorry but I'm laughing! You sound like me - clean and purge, drop off donations at the back door of the Goodwill and go in the front! The cradle you found sounds sweet. And Sweetie will love sleeping in it, I bet!

Our Oregon friends arrive today. They are the sweetest people! She is still grateful to everyone on this forum who offered prayers for her when she was needing (and receiving) her double lung transplant 7 years ago. She is doing well for now. She is what I would call a "light quilter" - makes small quilts for animal shelters and babies in hospitals, though her love is knitting. Her sewing room so bright and airy, big windows, sunny, and cozy. Wish you could all see it. They will be staying with us in their trailer for 3 nights and say they are coming to help us with our demolition. Betsy says she wants to cook while her hubby Bob helps Bill. But they have a lot of friends here so it won't be all work! There will be some playing for sure!

I am still perusing patterns for a quilt for my DSIL and DBIL. I think I've settled on a traditional log cabin but with a modern twist . . . . I'm going to study on that pattern for a bit and peruse my stash.

Have a great day!

mary z

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:51 am

Good morning all! Not much planned for today. Think I might get back to working on Rob's quilt. Still so many pieces to cut out. Went to my Monday morning breakfast at Bob Evans today. it was good as usual.

Smoke and Sweetie are fed so will watch my morning sports shows before I get going. I hope that Sweetie will get in the cradle to sleep. I put a Cubs blanket in there for her. May have to put her in it the first time. Had to take the large black stuffed cat that came with it out. Smoke thought it was one of his toys and wanted to chew out the stuffing. So I put it up high.

Hope everyone has a nice day. Supposed to get rain here tomorrow. Still praying for all of the people of El Paso and Dayton. So sad.

Sherry

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:50 pm

Maryz, yes...we have a mini retreat. We take turns cooking. Mostly sew and have fun. Lori
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”