Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday March 15, 2013

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Re: Friday March 15, 2013

Post by suzette58 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:55 am

Well, today has turned out to be my uglies day. I did go out and hit a craft store. AC Moore is alt like Michael's. I wasn't looking for anything special but hit the quilting isle. I found Olfa rotary blades. They were down to 2.99 for one blade. I bought the last three. When I got to the cash register they were down to 2.00 ea. Not bad. I came home and started cleaning the house. So, that's OK I will have the whole weekend for quilting. Have a great rest of the day.

Suzette
Suzette

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:44 pm

Good late afternoon from dreary, cold, SW. Pa....I certainly hope we get some of that nice weather Jana is enjoying right now......

Karlene, I love, love that cat pattern and of course need to know where you found it.....That is priceless....So how is the dizzy head today? Feeling any better????Tell hubby, you need to be pampered all weekend.....

I had such high hopes to get so much accomplished today but once again, you know what they say about best made plan.......I managed to change the bed and while I was upstairs, I finished another baby quilt...Rhen I spent most of the day watching the Robot competition from N. Carolina....It is amazing what these young people can do with nuts and bolts.....But, I made sure I saw the competitions the grands were in, so exciting.....And in between matches I baked a double batch of shamrock cut out cookies and of course had to use the shramrock cutter with lots of green trimmings......2 dozen will go to church for a small party after a play tomorrow afternoon......
And that's the extent of my day, so why am I tired???....

Chriss, cleanning a girl's room is the pits......I often wonder how my kids were such slobs with their rooms and then turn into such neat freaks in their own homes....After the oldest 4 were married, Terry, youngest DS, had the whole 2nd and 3rd floor mostly to himself and I always told him, if I had to venture upstairs, I'd tie a rope around my waist and hook it to the bottom of the bannister, just to be able to find my way back.....But, kids do grow up, thank goodness......

Well, I'm gonna scoot....I'm going to pack up these cookies before you know who eats them all, then I'm headed for the tub and a nice long soak.......

You all have a great rest of the evening.........................

Ritamae

Post by Ritamae » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:33 pm

Hello, I'm new today, not much blogging experience. Hope everyone has a great weekend sewing. Happy National Quilting Day tomorrow. :)

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:58 pm

Hi Ritamae, welcome. Do you have a quilt you are working on? Are you a new quilter or have you been quilting for a while?

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Sew ins”