Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, March 10th, 2013

Daily discussions.
TeresaK

Sunday, March 10th, 2013

Post by TeresaK » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:50 pm

Good morning Pals
Hope you all remembered to change your clocks. I did like Maryq and took a nap to make up for the lost hour. I missed you all!! Thought I would cut and paste what I wrote late yesterday for you all to see. WE ARE BACK!!!! but the ground was still moving all day yesterday so it was a quiet day. The cruise was very nice. A bit cold at times but still had fun getting together with Rob's classmates from different years. Lots of stories told with giggles here and there. There were 12 of us and the only bummer was that we never had dinner at the same table and no one was willing to mix it up. We did all agree that the Melting Chocolate Cake for dessert and the Lobster was a hit. I could only eat 3 tails though - LOL!!!! We did get together with others in our group here and there which was always a nice surprise. Great to see many had lots of common interests and a few actually live close by. One on Tehachapi and one in Boron so we will see if we get together again.
The Stage Shows were terrific but the Comedy shows started way late for us. We did get a taste of one of the comics who was very good but the entire show started at 11:45PM.
We also enjoyed eating breakfast and lunches with many not in our group and was amazed how much we had in common with them as well. Never a lack of something to talk about and was always sad that we had to leave for excursions we had already set up. There was a couple we met on our first breakfast and we always met them to watch the shows together.
The day at sea was a Rock and Roll day and I am not talking about Music or Drinking. I forgot to bring the Rummikub game but we did figure out that we could play the game with 2 decks of cards and Rob actually beat me twice which brought a smile to his face!!
I think this will be the last cruise going to Ensenada. We have exhausted seeing all we want to. Would like to see some other places ... like Alaska!!! Couldn't find any Fabric stores that were close enough for us to visit in Mexico and the craft store in Catalina only had a tiny, tiny, tiny collection :(
On the way home we stopped at a Sew Vac Ltd store in Longbeach on Clark Ave (in the pouring rain!!!!) that had many sewing tables set up for you to try. We had talked to them many times over the phone as we did a lot of research on many different tables. They gave us a HUGE, HUGE great deal on the floor sample of a Horn Super Quilter's Dream 5280 table with the electric lift!! https://www.hornofamerica.com/products. ... ductID=134[/url] So now we wait for the Machine Insert to arrive and then we will figure out how to get it. Rob will either take the truck down or they will meet us or they will deliver it to the house if they are coming this way. WooHoo!!!
So now back to some cotton therapy as I make my March Lucky Lotto blocks, wait for the chocolate fabric to finish the February Lotto Block Quilt and figure out how to quilt the one on the frame and and play catchup :) :) :). I finally have my land feet back and can walk in a straight line.
HUGE, HUGE HUGS!!!

fabricgirl

Re: Sunday, March 10th, 2013

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:18 pm

Good Morning Teresa and all who follow,

Today is a free day for me the house is cleaned and the wash is done

so now it it time to start getting my stuff ready to go to lancaster

and to get ready for El's class.

Teresa it sounds like you had a wonderfull vacation and that sewing

table looks great .

I Hope Everyone Has A Great Day.

Prayers Go Out To All In Need.

Lois BBL.

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:10 am

Good morning Lois, Teresa and those that will follow.
The quilt show yesterday was wonderful. I bought one kit, and 3 different quilt patterns. One is a neat quilt for a teen girl. It has top hats. Kinda wonky like Alice in Wonderland. I thought it would be neat with Christmas fabrics also. I posted some pictures in the photo thread. I worked some on the nine patch for one of hubby's nieces and managed to get another quilt layered and ready to quilt. Even got the binding ready. I was on a roll yesterday. Now if I can get it together with the time change I'll be OK. Have a great day.

Suzette
Suzette

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:15 am

Good Morning Girls

Up early and not happy about it! It's DARK out and I want my hour of sleep back! And I have to go to work! Rained most of yesterday and it's so dark I can't even see if it snowing or not from my office window... we're supposed to get a little more snow this morning!

Fixed myself a nice dinner last nite... roast from the crock pot and a baked potato---got all comfy on the couch to eat and watch TV and the power went out! That so rarely happens around here! I was not prepared--couldn't find my flash light and groped around for a bit to even find a candle! Found 3 candles finally so had dinner by candle light. Then kind of stared off into space... finally decided to go to bed at 8:30, which was really 9:30 turning the clocks ahead. Power came back on about 9:15 which was really 10:15 but went right back to sleep.

Had a good day yesterday.... finished up my March Lotto blocks so I can mail tomorrow. Got all the T9P blocks put together for Kayla's quilt--will add the borders tomorrow, squared up the FEB Lotto blocks dear Maryz gave me--oh my gosh they are so pretty! As soon as Kayla's quilt comes off the design wall, those are going up!

Teresa....Welcome Back!!! Glad you had a good time and hope you get your Land Legs back soon.. .Oh how I LOVE that sewing table! In my next life I want a sewing studio like Suzettes... with all that kind of stuff--cabinets and tables and storage spaces.

Suzette... thanks for sharing the pictures from the quilt show! I think that turquoise one if my favorite. You were really rocking and rolling yesterday getting all that done! Doesn't it feel good to get so much accomplished?

Lois.. bet you are getting excited to go to Lancaster!!! Hope you can share pictures when you get back.

Guess it's time for me to get going! Working 9-5 today and stopping on my way to pick up a couple things for my SP!!! Something fun to look forward to!

Wishing all of you that stop by a Happy Day!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:01 am

Good Sunny Morning!!!

Teresa....welcome back. Sounds like a wonderful cruise & happy you had such a good time. If you can go to Alaska. It's the most beautiful place in earth. Congrats on you new table....nice.

Lois.....I'm so excited for you.(&a little green)

Suzette....those are some nice quilts....I like the Sampler. Hope you have an other roll of a day.

Maryq....OMG, I can't think of an other snow storm. I still need to shovel the snow the plow left. I'm hoping the warm temps help me out.
Sorry you lost your power while having your dinner. Love any thing from the crock pot. I hope you get a full night sleep tonight.

Love & Prayers....Kathy

I accomplished alot on my SIL's quilt yesterday. Will work a little on that today & the butterflies quilt sashing. I'll also try to shovel the mound of snow at the end of the driveway. I would like to get out for a little ride today, See if any one built snowmen.

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:06 am

Good. Morning everyone. Just stopping in for a quick hello before the day begins. Today is Mo's send off party. His schedule changed a bit and he goes to the hotel next Sunday. Our daughter. And his brothers can go spend the afternoon with him and have dinner. Ehen he spends the evening and nie at the hotel. Next Monday morning. The eighteenth, we get to go to the base and watch him gets sworn I and then off heroes to Parriss Island. He has his whole week of food orders for this week. Tuesday nite we are taking him, his mom thebousandhis best buddy to Toby Keith's restaurant that just opened in the city.
Cousin Heather is back home from her second chemo treatment. doing so so, but she is strong I spirit and we are going to get her through this.
Gotta run. Daughter just called and Mikey is coming over to help me load the car
He might want a piece of that soda bread heheheheh
Prayers and positive thoughts going out to all in need.
Don't forget pink is the Color of choice
Prayers and positive thoughts going out to all in need
Chrissy1

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:07 am

Good morning, So glad Teresa you had a great vacation. Lois I never took any classes with El but having met her so many times I just know the class would be such fun.

Maryq , I was up here at 6;30am which was really 7;30 am which at home is really 8;30am....I sometimes wish we could just leave time alone and let it be.....But waking up to bright sunshine is the ok part.

Suzette you make me tired with all the quilts you do. I am starting row 8 on the hexxie quilt. When I get home I have several kits to look into. Just small table toppers but would like to get t hem done for Chritmas. Do you have a Long Arm in your cute little studio?

Well today we will head out to Bealls department store...we have 25% off coupons. and I need to find some stuff for DGs Birthday. He has so many toys but he also loves clothes too,

The steeplejacks are heading back up the water tower here,,,they are painting a picture on the side of the tower....It has been amazing to watch and I have taken pictures of their progress...Maybe I will get to transfer the photos today. it is very windy you would think they would not work in the high winds but they are headed up the tower. prayers for their safe work today it is really windy.

We will have the 70s today but windy. It has not been the optimal weather here but I am loving the sunshine,

Well I need coffee and something for breakfast....we are on our own for breakfast this morning,,,gang is sleeping in,,,

Hope you all have a great day XXXOOO

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:13 am

This is starting out to be a long day. I put the trash on the kitchen counter and threw the alarm clock in the trash. Maybe I need to go back to bed and get up on the other side.

Suzette
Suzette

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:45 am

Hi Teresa, Glad you had a great vacation. I can tell you were very busy the whole time. You will have to go check out my Feb. Lotto Block quilt. I posted picture in Quilt Photos. I got the top together in 3 sections. I am going to quilt it in sections and then put it together. But I laid them all together for the photo.

Maryq: So you were given Feb Lotto blocks. You, too, will have to give us a peek at your design layout, when you get to doing that.

Suzette: you have a lot of projects waiting to be done. Wow, you are going to be sewwwwwwwww busy!!!

Good morning to all! Love reading all your posts. All the different ranges in the weather and all.
Just enjoy your relaxing Sunday.

I am going to go look at QIAD sale fabrics and see what I can see.

Hugs and prayers for all.

Velda
HUGS, đź’• Vel

womster

Post by womster » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:57 am

Good morning –

Teresa – welcome back – hope you get your land legs soon.

Lois – I know you’ll have a great time, especially taking El’s class. I took one in KY – it was the best.

Suzette – I’ll go check out those pictures. I vote for you to go back to bed. I LOL’d when I read your last post. I used to take my lunch in a plastic shopping bag (along with other stuff I had to carry in). As you might imagine, one time I got into work and opened up my lunch bag and it was trash. EUGH!

Maryq – talk about adding insult to injury – DST and a power outage. I fully agree about the fiddling with the clocks. You sure had a productive day yesterday. Hope work flies by so you can go shopping!

Kathy – you were also putting the pedal to the metal on your sewing machine. Are you going to build a snowman for your yard? Have a nice ride around today – I know what you mean about getting out of the house.

Chrissy1 – good luck to Mo – I hope everyone has a great time at his send-off party. Glad to hear your cousin is tolerating the chemo.

Judi – how fascinating to watch them painting the tower – I always wondered how they did that. Enjoy your sunshine.

Velda – I’ll be checking out your piccies also. Ooh - I’ll have to go check out the sale also.

We got about 6” of snow and lots of wind. I’m staying home from church this morning as DH insists on snow blowing. It was a good day to stay inside yesterday. Today is 40s, with 50s and 60s the rest of the week. It’s starting to feel like spring! Have a great day. xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”