Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday, January 28

Daily discussions.
karpet

Re: Monday, January 28

Post by karpet » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:07 am

Good evening quilting buddies,
Today I've been calling around trying to learn how to have a civil ceremony done for a marriage, and to find a place to have it. Who knew that it doesn't work like what you see on t.v. - at least in NY! I was a little encouraged to find that our town has 4 Justice of the Peace(s?) and one was my daughter's 3rd/4th grade teacher, and another is the attorney who did the closing on our house when we bought it. And there is a courtroom that could be used - I never even knew we had a town courtroom! I only knew about the courtrooms at the county building. And I found out that if worse comes to worst, we can rent the old train depot for $30. So, there you go.

Maryz - I do not envy you doing Snicker collection

Jodie - isn't it fun to 'meet' a new baby!

Sharons - How wonderful to get to celebrate that milestone with your dad.

Sharona - I don't miss having a HOA. When we moved, David said he wanted to buy a place where he could run around the front yard in his birthday suit and no one would see. We're not quite that secluded, but if he ever did that (which he wouldn't) I don't think any of the neighbors would report it!

Cindyg - was anything stolen out of your car? I hope the window was the only damage.

Karon - I hope they can sched. your knee sooner. My MIL is in the process of going through the steps to get her knee replacement sched. She was ready to sched. 2 years ago, but decided not to. Now they told her the damage is almost to the point where they could no longer do a replacement.

Have a great evening,
Karlene

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:07 am

Maryz and Chriss Albuquerque is 3 1/2 hour drive from my house. The airport is about another 20 minutes across town once I get there. I went to Chaco Canyon on a field trip when I was in Elementary school, but I have not gone as an adult. I really need to because I don't remember a lot about the ruins and would like to see it now.

Miriam, if I can get out of here Friday right after work, I'm going to do my best to make it by a quilt shop or two while I'm in Albuquerque, but If I have to wait until Saturday to leave I don't know if there will be time.

I am going to go to the sewing room for a little bit to unwind, then I need to start something for supper (unless DH will go pick up some take out somewhere).

Mary/Rosebud

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:42 pm

I posted the pictures of the felt valentines and the Easter things I made for the kids...I need to learn how to take better photos...

Return to “Sew ins”