Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday, December 26

Daily discussions.
jgirlt2

Re: Wednesday, December 26

Post by jgirlt2 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:04 am

Good morning, all! I slept in and then dawdled, so I am not going to address each one of you personally, but...a tiny Christmas baby, CONGRATULATIONS! And, I agree, this one is nearly big enough to go home, so all should be fine and normal very soon...an outdoor winter in the snowy north, YIKES! Bundle up and enjoy!!!

It sounds like everyone had a lovely Christmas and there are delicious leftovers in your homes. Does it get any better than that?

I'm so sorry to see that 2 of you lost precious pets this week. They give us so much love and joy, it's so painful when we lose them. We have to remember that we gave them a good life while they were with us; it's little comfort, but we also have treasured memories.

I'm going to oil Celia, today. She is my first Necchi Supernova, named for my DM because she looks just like the one my DM had. DH and I discussed sewing machine oil. He vetoed the teflon formula I'd bought online. He's worried that it might react with old oil and cause problems. I've done a little research, and decided that instead of Marvel Mystery Oil I want a synthetic. DH decided transmission fluid is the best choice! But, of course, he doesn't have any, so I guess I'll be stopping by the auto parts store today. While I'm there, I'll pick up a couple of other products good for cleaning and polishing old sm's. I have one or two waiting for attention!

THEN, I'll start making those cupcakes for the swap. I worked out my pattern last night, and I have the perfect fabrics for my vision of them. My goal is to get them all done over vacation, and then use a little bling for the "nonpareils" in the "frosting" as my first heatset crystals project. I'm planning on buying the supplies at Road to California next month.

But first, I'm enjoying a good lounge! It's my vacation, and I'm taking full advantage!!!

I hope you all have a lovely day, and you get some time to pet your sm's!

Jodie

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:17 am

it is snowing hard and the wind is blowing....I went up to get some salt for the driveway as it was already icey, By the time I got home it was getting bad, we are supposed to get 4 to8 inches today and there is already a good inch in just the last hour. AT&T just left they installed a new internet,,,,very fast and less expensive. My bill was cut in half for the next year,,,,then we re negotiate,,,,

I did read some about the photo quilts....I am not sure yet if I will or not....there is a lot of different types of fabric so I will see what the reviews say. I have already prewashed my fabric and am not sure how this fabric will meld with the other....I did hear about NOT quilting on the photos themselves and using small photos...not really large one. So back to study some more..... if you are in the snow path stay safe. Will check out Qiad for some shopping.

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:58 am

Good afternoon from wintery, cold, blustery, snowy, you name it we got it, SW. Pa.....Thank goodness this didn't hit yesterday......

Of course the kids from N. Carolina are excited but their mother, DIL has an appointment with her MS doctor in Pgh this afternoon and getting there might be tricky......

We had a great Christmas.....After Mass and a big breakfast, cooked by Nicky, we opened gifts and then later in the afternoon we went to #3 DD's and celebrated all over again....We ate and partied until after the street lights came on, well after.....I think the kids really enjoyed the ride home, checking out all the lights and decorations.....Today is a lazy, lazy day except for snow shoveling and a snow man making contest......Kathy's oldest Dd called and she will be coming down later, if she isn't snowed in....

Chrissy, a new baby! Now that makes Christmas even more special....I can imagine how excited the parents might be...Heck, you even sound a little excited yourself......I can just see you sitting at the machine sewing up a storm with a huge smile on your face.....

Chriss, what a wonderful idea! I'm sure your gifts were very much appreciated....That's going to be one of my resolutions, give more to those who need....When I'm in Florida and I hear about all the organizations my friend helps with, it really makes you think and then I come home and do nothing, but that's going to change.....It sounds like you had a great Christmas and that Jerry does sound like a keeper......

Suzette, just a "little picking up"??????I was thinking it would be easier just to lock the door and get a new place.....Having extra people in the house does make for lots of stuff......But, when you think of it, it sure is a joy......

Sharona, I feel exactly the same way you do about the hosting...We kind of started with Thanksgiving and it really was good, strange not to be doing everything but good.....Now I need to work on Christmas......

Chickie, Your descriptions of the pond is perfect....I think you should be taking pictures and also letting us see.....Your house sounds so cozy.....

Well, I best get moving....I started this hours ago, got away from it and then came back...There are times when I'm not sure where the mind is and if I'll get it back......DS and 1 DGS left to do some shopping....DGS HAD to get out there and drive in the snow....I have a chicken pot pie in the oven along with a cinnamon swirl bundt cake and as soon as DGD and the kids get back we'll have dinner....So, I think, I'll take this quiet time to veg..........

You all have a super day and rest of the evening............

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:22 am

Boy, I'm late getting on this computer! No excuse, this is a "laid back" day of rest! We had 31 here yesterday..3 missing. And there is tons of food leftover. It was a great Christmas!!

It snowed about 30 minutes this afternoon..and I think the big storm will miss us entirely. I really wanted some snow on the ground so the kids could sled ride.

We invited anyone that wanted to come for leftovers tonight..they probably won't but I'm hoping!! Earl loves ham, so he could eat it all week, but I get tired of the same food over and over.

I gave my youngest son his Fish Quilt...he loved it! I was so happy to get to finish it..on Saturday! lol!! And all the cupcake potholders were finished, too...they were a hit. I told the kids that from now on I'd be just making lap quilts..no more bed quilts. And everyone thought that was fine..my DDIL said there were lots of things..small things that would be nice to have. Bless her heart!

My plan is to start RIGHT NOW making stuff for next Christmas. Nothing else until those things are done!! I bought 8 snowman panels to make tablerunners for each family..and I started cutting the fabric to make 8 grocery bags, too. I really do love to make things for other people the most!!

Well, it's almost time for "leftovers"!! UGH. I see a few flakes of snow drifting down..maybe we still have a shot of some covering the ground! lol!

Joanne

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:22 am

As you requested... The ducks have been working diligently around the edge of the pond. They have been fun to watch as they would land on the "hard" water and skitter around before joining the others in the swimming area. Sometimes there would be arguments among them with some chasing and flapping... too funny!

Walking on water:

[/img]

Ready to dive in:

[/img]

Beautiful emerald heads!

[/img]

Here are robins for Sandy!

[/img]

Hope you enjoy this glimpse of my view!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Lyn, glad to see you posting. I sure hope you decide to join in the swap.
Lyn is helping me with some neat ideas for my cupcake quilt that I will put together later after the swap. One of my granddaughters is graduating from high school this summer. As a little girl, I used to babysit her and we had many little tea parties. Since she will be off to college next fall, I am planning to make her a special quilt and dedicate my theme to our memories of all those tea parties.

Lyn has so many good ideas, she is leading me in the direction to shop for special theme fabric to put my cupcake squares together. She gave me a bunch of web sites to explore. Thanks, Lyn

I hope some more of you who have been wondering "if", will decide to join in the fun. I have most of my blocks finished already. It's been so much fun putting them together.

It will be a "happy" quilt with all the pretty colors.

Well, ladies, have a great evening and hope you all will keep Lyn
in your prayers for healing her broken heart. Loosing your fur baby
is so hard.

Luv and hugs
Velda
HUGS, 💕 Vel

kho

Post by kho » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:31 pm

Chickie!! Thank YOU. Now I will remember what to look for this spring.It's a bit early to start looking now, but maybe next week. The days ARE getting longer.

I have my sewing room back!! I am ready to go.I may even start tonight just because I can. Happy dance.

the other good news is my brother saw an ad for a sewing machine and it was a baby loc. I called about it and it had been used a few times before the woman passed. It was being sold at less then half of what it had been purchsed for. The best part-it was sold-and he gave the buyer all of the fabric that the wife had. Boy, that was a close one, I thought I might have to purchase it myself!!

Return to “Sew ins”