Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday, 10th Sept 2012... hello America!!!

Daily discussions.
mellomayking

Re: Monday, 10th Sept 2012... hello America!!!

Post by mellomayking » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:07 am

Good morning gals,

Hope you all are having a fabulous day. Just wanted to pop in and say hi. Starting to get busy here at work so I won't have time to chat.

Safe travels to Jacquie and Maryz, and anyone else I may have missed.

Hugs,
Mel

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:58 am

Hi again! I don’t think the photographer will be taking any pics of the jacket today. He is getting a late start. DH came back from coffee and had a stranger with him. The guy had car trouble, and DH was taking him to a town about 35 or40 miles from here. He’s a Good Samaritan!!! He had to come home to trade vehicles—didn’t think “The Beater” would make the round trip (it’s an ’86 Nissan pick-up that we use for farm work).

I’ve been watering the flowers and adding rocks to my flower beds. Ms. Tinker Bell thinks that gardening is a fun thing. She has taken out my beautiful New Guinea impatiens, my regular lavender impatiens, a big bunch of hosta and has worked on my luscious begonias. I’m thinking I’m fighting a losing cause, but I’m still scolding and adding rocks to (hopefully) discourage this naughty behavior. Usually she minds me, but the cool, damp dirt is too good to behave for.

The “kids” and I also took a walk to take advantage of this lovely weather before the heat returns.

I also need to hang out a load of laundry and put another in the washer.

Jana—that’s so funny about the quilter! I’m always going somewhere with threads on my clothes—or in yesterday’s case… in my hair! Look at me making cookies! I couldn’t believe it.

Vicky—that’s unbelievable about Emma! Rub them with cortisone cream pronto, and keep putting it on… helps them heal and also for the itching! I get bored making the same block over and over—love sampler or scrappy quilts for just that reason!!!

Need to get to the laundry… BBL…

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:13 am

Good afternoon from sunny but chilly, SW. Pa....Today our temps are only to be 70 but sunny.....A perfect Fall day but I'm not ready.....

It's been a bad weekend, sports wise, for our area.....The Pirates have been on a down hill spiral, Penn State last on Sat. (felt so bad for the young kicker) and our Steelers lost last night.....
BUT, Notre Dame won on Sat. so no black arm bands this week.....
Even the girls couldn't beat the fellows yesterday in canasta but there again, the company was good and the food was super.....

I decided, it was a good day to start cleaning the walk ins in our bedroom...It wasn't much my deciding, it was the roofers and their pounding and ALL that dust....But, I have Jim's done and badly needed a tea break.....
Later this afternoon we need to make a funeral home visit...The long time friend that Jim visited has passed away...This fellow had a stroke about 12 years ago and hasn't been able to talk or realy do anything on his own but he was surrounded by a very, very loving family...Jim would go and sit and they'd watch movies or he'd show him pictures or he'd just sit there and talk....It's terrible what a stroke can do to someone so vibrant and full of life.....

Jacquie, I've had the news on and havne't heard of anyone getting taken in so I'm guessing you made it....I can just imagine the fun you're going to have...And as Chriss said, try not to cause too much trouble, bail is very high, lol.....

Chriss, you're lucky, I'm not in Reno with Kathy or we'd hop right over for dinner.....Jim is not a lagsagna eater but I love it.....You must be so darn proud of your son..So glad to hear he's going on....

Karlene, do you think there might be something hitting these horses? In our area, it's the deer..There have been several found laying in the fields and they have found it's something coming from the ticks and the vets say, it's a dreadful death....Poor creatures!

Chickie, Those pictures are great! You are a gorgeous lady and you wear the jacket very well...You look a lot like a very dear friend of mine and some of her antics mimic your's......

Maryq, I think I'll be joining the crowd at JoAnns on Wed. I've been putting off going because I know I'll buy or spend more than I need but, gosh darn, 20% off............

Maryz, I hope our gas people don't hear about your prices...So far, we're paying %3.78 but I have a feeling, it will be inching up...Just not right.....Hope your camping trip is a nice, realaxing one......

Well, I've been dragging out my break but those closets aren't getting done...I have most of the clothes piled on the bed so I can't let it go until tomorrow...That was poor planning!

You all have a great day..................

Jules

Post by Jules » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:36 am

Hi girls, i've waved Jacquie off.......well I waved to a few planes so one of them must have been her :) I've also been to the doctors, have got some meds for my depression, she's starting me on a low dose becaus ei suffer with panic attacks too and the meds can make anxiety worse and I have to go back in two weeks and if I'm coping with the anxiety then she'll up the dose.....once she gets me on a functioning level she wants me to have CBT.....I've told her that I've had counseling before and they tried CBT but that's what sent me downhill as I couldn't bear to keep bringing up the bad stuff in order to address it and learn how to think differently, I did make a fool of myself though, I completely broke down as soon as I started talking, I couldn't believe it I had rehearsed what to say too but it all came out differently :( but I have some meds, so hopefully I'll be functioning better in a few weeks....

I've got my bags ready for my civil war love letters course tomorrow, don't feel like going but I'm going with a friend and I'm the driver so I have to go, which is a good thing I guess or I'd just end up lying in bed, so I'm going to start my meds on Wednesday, as I'm not sure of any side effects and I have an 80 mile round trip tomorrow and didn't want to experience any drowsiness when coming home.....

Love and prayers to you all xxx

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:21 am

I don't know if any of you watch Cupcake Wars on Food Network - but last night's show - the Star Wars one - was won by a girl here in South Jordan and she was a mission companion of Crenda, our DDIL. They served together in the Fort Worth Texas Mission a few years ago. They are still friends and the girl has her shop not too far from where we live - so I am going to get a winning cupcake!

Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:34 am

Jules, sending you ((((((HUGS)))))
Jana, yes I watch that off and on, some of the cupcakes they make give me the willies though.....the things they put in them! This one I watch put fried chicken and mashed potatoes in it.....it did not look good either LOL I don't know how the judges even tasted it! Yuck-o!
I have been going crazy today! I've misplaced my little notebook that I have all my quilts wrote down in and also the sizes I needed to cut these next 2......the one I went to work on this morning.....I have looked everywhere and can not find it! :o( I do not know what to do now :o(
Tina

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:54 pm

I found it! :o)

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:49 pm

I'm here!!!! Safe and sound!!!
Having a 'blether' then of to bed!!! 'sew, tird!!! Yawn!!!
Thanks for your well wishes ladies!
Catch you all later!!!
:) xxxx Jacquie xxxx

Return to “Sew ins”