Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday Sept 2

Daily discussions.
dforseth

Sunday Sept 2

Post by dforseth » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:54 pm

Good morning to all who will come.
Vicki I'm glad the wedding went well, thanks for the pictures. Jana, I hope yours went well also. Please post some pictures soon.

I am on my way to work, I work in the nutrition department of the local hospital. Patients need to eat no matter what day! I would rather be getting ready for church, but such is life.

I hope everyone has a blessed day.

This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad.
Debbie
Debbie Forseth
:D

fabricgirl

Re: Sunday Sept 2

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:08 am

Good Morning Debbie and all who follow,

Well all the blocks are done and I will be starting to put them together later .

I have to make an apple pie for my DH today that I promissed him .

I Hope Everyone Has A Great Day.
Prayers Go Out To All In Need.
Lois BBL.

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:28 am

Good morning Lois and Debbie and those that follow.
Well, yesterday I ended up cleaning more then I had planned. Which is OK. We are supposed to get some of the remainder if Tropical Storm Isaac starting today so I can work in my studio to my heart's content. I have something funny to tell you, early this morning I woke up and my son's bedroom door was open. I couldn't see if he was in bed or not. So I assumed in my sleepy mind thatbhe was still out. So I called his cell phone. He comes stumbling out of his room. At least he got up this morning and was smiling when he came out of his room. Well, have a great day and I will check in later.

Suzette
Suzette

toekeyotow

Post by toekeyotow » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:08 am

Good Morning Debbie and those that follow,

Debbie...Yes today is a beautiful day and we should rejoice in it. Hope your day keeps you busy enough not to get bored and not to busy to stress you out.

Suzette...Hope you get a few rain drops from the remainder of the storm. They keep threatening us about some rain but it hasn't shown up yet.

Lois...Apple Pie sounds yummy, homemade makes it better yet. Throw on a scoop of vanilla ice cream and I'm there.

Yesterday i did get the back side loaded on the frame, then I just putzed around, didn't even cut a piece of batting off the roll. Maybe today I'll get to it. I do have a ton of wash today so we will see how that washes out.

Hope you all have a Beautiful Sunday,
Joan

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:14 am

We are up and getting ready to got o church this morning. I'm tired after yesterday and would mind staying home but I should go.
Tia told me she may stay home today, she wasn't feeling to good last night. We had Tia and Shannon's families over last night after the wedding for Emily's birthday which is today. She's 19 today! We are giving her a "Daddy date" on the schooner "True Love." She is into Boats/ships in a BIG way so this is going to be a very fun thing for her. http://www.schoonerexcursions.com/'>htt ... sions.com/

I hope everyone has a blessed day.
Vicky

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:29 am

ok, before I forget............sign up for the drawing and another block for the treasure chest quilt has been posted on this forum.

and good morning to you all... today is open cockpit day at Castle air museum.. it normally costs a small fortune to get in to see the planes but today is free.. Jerry and Marilyn will go and try to get in on the free helicopter rides... I will stay home.. all by my self... with no interruptions.. just me.. it's going to be a good day.

ShirleyMae.. prayers to you and your family...

Tina.. sorry about the asthma.. and the aunt, I would think something could be done even if over the phone??

Jana.. I am thrilled that the wedding went well... can't wait to see the pictures.

Lois... make that two pies.. I am on my way there to help you eat the second one...

Suzette, glad your son was smiling.. and that he was home and safe.

Joan, I'll pick you up on the way to Lois' house..we'll get ice cream on the way there...

Debbie, hope your day is quick and easy... maybe you can make church tonight...

Vicky.. I really enjoyed your pictures... happy b-day to Emily.. hope she enjoys her dad date.... my dad took me on a date once... opened the door for me and everything... we got dressed up and went to a steak house... for a 13 yer old it was very fancy... it will be a great memory for Emily....I know it was for me.

for me it's sewing.. I need to do some Secret Santa things and then work on my other projects... I have 243 hexi's basted and think I will start sewing blocks of them together...

hope you all have a super day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:37 am

Good Sunday Morning, It is cloudy and grey here...we were supposed to get storms last night but nothing happened not even rain. It sure does look like it today. ken had a bad night last night we drank caffinated coffee and he was up a lot I was up at 4 am but managed to go back to sleep. We really need decaff but I was out of it. So no coffee at night,Today our friends from Ohio are coming out to spend the rest of the week with us. they are staying till weds too. the campground is full never seen so many large motor homes...as here, d0wn the road os one worth over $750K. 40 feet long.....it is beautiful but these folks are full timers they do not own a home,,,just travel all year long. Visiting their family on holidays and birthdays,,,,,Not for me.

I am glad the weddings came off without any hitches,,,well we still need to here from Jana if hers went off ok.

Most all things are closed here on sunday...so today will be a day of rest/

I plan on sewing and reading. Bought a new Amish book and have not finished the old one I brought.

My sis is making pulled pork for dinner and I will make the cole slaw this morning as soon as she brings over the cabbage. Dbil is making macaroni salad. so we will feast tonight again.....(oh diet when I get home)

Hope you all have a blessed sunday, Those who are post wedding we have a tradition to get together the day after and eat the leftovers and party some more. XXXOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:10 am

Good Morning, Ladies!

DEB - having been a patient in a hospital, as well as 20 years of staff meals - let me tell you your job is VERY important! Make 'em tasty!

LOIS - yay!! the blocks are done! The blocks are done!! This quilt will be finished before the end of the Labor Day weekend!

SUZ - that's funny about the cell phone call. I have a friend who always texts in the middle of the night when she has insomnia, assuming I can't hear the noises my phone makes. Now THAT'S not so funny. . .

JOAN - Bill got our last Christmas quilt loaded yesterday and started in on the border. Then he saw something shiney and off he drifted to something else. And today (with my reluctant help) he's going to clean our 24x36 foot shop and set up his reloading bench and supplies and tools out there. No sewing here today!

VICKY - happy birthday to Emily! What a great gift! When you said 'sail on the True Love' I immediately thought of the sailboat from that old movie - and turns out that's it! She is going to have a wonderful time!

CHRISS - Lucky you! You're having Chriss-mas at your house! That's a lot of hexies! Time to start sewing them together. Have you removed all the papers yet?

JUDI - And the good times just keep rolling on for you! wonderful! We've met a lot of full-timers in our travels. I love RV'g but I love home even more. Where would we put our longarms in an RV?? We'd have to have toy-haulers!

yesterday I finished all my Christmas sewing. Well, there's one last quilt on the frame, so I'll need to sew the binding on that when it's quilted. Other than that, DONE!! Whew! What a marathon! 4 quilts and eleventy-umpteen small gifts. I do have one more thing to make but it's for my Secret Santa and I need to wait until I get my name to do that one.

Today, DH wants to clean up his 24x36 foot shop and set up his reloading bench, tools, and supplies out there... Our friend had invited him to set it all up in HIS shop and they'd do it together. But the friend hasn't done any at all, and Bill finds he's driving 20 miles (one way) every time he wants to use his own stuff! I kind of mentioned that this really didn't make a lot of sense when gas is $4.15/gal, so he agreed and brought it all home yesterday. So we need to fix up his 'nest' today.

Everyone (except me!) keep those bobbin's turning!

Mary Z

womster

Post by womster » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:46 am

Good morning!

Debbie – Hope you get tomorrow off. Have a great day at work feeding those patients!

Lois – how nice of you to make your DH an apple pie. I remember I used to bake an apple pie once a week for DH and DS2. I know you’ll have a great time putting those blocks together.

Suzette – how nice to have all your ugiles done. That is a funny story about your DS! Have fun in the studio today.

Vicky – sounds like the wedding was great. Loved the pictures. HB to Emily – what a great present! Sure hope you get to rest after church today.

Chriss – enjoy your blissful day! My goodness that is a lot of hexes. I need to get mine packed up and ready to go. Thanks ever so for the reminder to sign up for the drawing. I hope Jerry and Marilyn get to take some helicopter rides.

Judi – sorry the coffee kept Ken up. Sounds like y’all will indeed have a feast today. My DH worked with a couple that ‘retired’ at 45, sold their house and travelled around for 12 years in a fifth wheel. Not a life for me either.

Maryz – good grief, did you have to put fans on your sewing machines to keep them cool? That is a LOT of sewing. I’ll get serious about my Christmas stuff when we get back. Have oh so much fun helping DH with his ‘nest’. I think next time he’s at the LA you need to put those horse blinker things on him so his eyes stay focused on the task at hand…!

Oooops – need to put a hustle in my bustle – just saw the time. I need to get ready for church, and then afterwards it’s back to the bow ties and packing when I need a break. Had grandkids here yesterday after all, and then found out DH has invited them to stay Thanksgiving eve, have Thanksgiving dinner here, plus he volunteered for airport duty (they’re headed to Disney World the week before Thanksgiving) and more…Yes, he is still breathing… Have a great day! xoxo Sharona

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:59 am

Good morning!

We survived!

The wedding part of the day went beautifully. Then came the reception, at a very lovely area - an open garden with a gazebo, beautiful flowers all around, a small stream of water with a bridge, with waterfalls behind the gazebo. We had the tables set with the toppers I did and it looked beautiful.

Now for the rest of the story - a huge - I mean huge thunderstorm was rolling in on the west edge of the valley - and we got in all the family pictures and shots of the bride and groom - it kept getting darker and darker - Matt was checking his cell phone for weather updates every five minutes - you didn't need an app to see that we were going to be in trouble - the reception started at 6:30 and people were showing up - we were still OK - on to about 7:30 - I saw the squall line and the wind picked up big time - I told Sarah that we should have the bride and groom cut the cake - as we were going to lose the pics for that - well about then I see Matt hustle over and grab the cake and come running toward the gazebo with the cake - it started to rain - downpour is a better description! Our guests ran for cover and it got cozy in the gazebo with lots in there too! That was it for the outdoor part of the reception for the rest of the night. People still came - said hello and left - they were such good sports about all that rain. So we had a severe thunderstorm warning over us - with the hail and the lightning and the rain too! We can smile and have a fun story to tell their kids about! They did get the dance with her father and her in and cut the cake in the gazebo - so all in all we had a great time.

The ones that had the best time were my little grandboys, Andrew, Logan and Tanner - they were out in the garden area, just running around playing in the rain! Soaking wet - until they got too cold - we didn't mind as Crenda had their jammies to change them into and they went home with the other grandparents.

We do have pictures - Sarah and Joseph took over 900 shots - we just need to go through and sort out the worst and then start looking for the best shots we want to keep. So I hope to have some pics to share shortly.

We are all - as my Daniel would say - de-hausted! We take him to the airport in a few hours.

Stu is preparing a church lesson he is teaching this morning for his age group - the rest of us are playing hooky.

So as it was thundering and lightning, with all the rain, I told Aaron, that it was all the angels in heaven clapping and cheering with tears of happiness for him and Kate.

Thanks for letting me ramble on -

Hugs and love
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”