Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday July 11,2012

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Wednesday July 11,2012

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:33 pm

Good Morning Everyone,

Today Im off and my dance card is full first I have to go and get another mamogram they think they saw something so thats where I will be Im not worried because these things happen all the time so Im told.

when I come back I will go to wallys world and get my purex chrystalls and do my wash and from there I will go into my sewing room and maybe sew.

Well Everyone Have A Great Day.

Prayers Go Out To All In Need.

Lois BBL.

suzette58

Re: Wednesday July 11,2012

Post by suzette58 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:39 pm

Good morning Lois and those that follow.
Well, I am on vacation and up early. The whole time we have been here it has rained. Close the beach type rain. But, at least brought handwork to work on. I went outside on the balcony and wasn't able to stay out long cause it was blowing. Oh well. At least it has been relaxing. We leave tomorrow and hopefully will stop at a LQS I went to last summer in Williamsburg. It's on the way home. Hope everything is going pretty well for everybody. I'll check back later.

Suzette
Suzette

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:02 am

I'm going to clean up here some as I was really looking around here this morning and really seeing that my house is dirty. Then I may just get out my sewing machine. I want to make a set of pillows.

My jaw is hurting from yesterday but the tooth seems to have calmed down some overnight. I hope the whole ordeal is over.

Suzette- so sorry for your rainy vacation :-(
Lois- I will pray that this mammogram comes out clear.
To everyone else that comes behind me- Have a great day!

Vicky

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:06 am

Suzette what a bummer to have it rain the whole time you are there.

Lois hope it turns out to be nothing.

Last night my guild had a hidden treasure sale. People donated things and then they sold them to raise money for the guild. It was fun. I got a few books and FQ's. I also won a basket from the raffle. Carol, Quilter7, came with a friend. It was good to see her.

Hope you all have a great day. Lori
Lori 8-)

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:18 am

I was just reading Bonnie Hunter's blog(quiltville.com). She is traveling and took her featherweight on the plane as carryon luggage. There was no room. So she had to check it on the plane. Well, needless to say the machine did not fair so well. When she took it out of it's carry case the motor was broken off, the little piece that folds down so you have space is broken. Another reason not to take your sewing machine on the plane. I know she has no choice but. . . .

Suzette
Suzette

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:42 am

GOOD GOOD MORNING!!!!!!

THE PAPERS ARE SIGNED!!!!! Now I have too meet with the lawyer & sign them. Thank you all for your support & prayers. They want the house ASAP.....but I don't feel pressured by that. Since it's just me packing up I want to give myself enough time.

I'M MOVING!! I'M MOVING!! I'M MOVING!! I'M MOVING!! I'M MOVING!!

I'm so happy!!!

(((((((HUGS)))))))))

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:13 am

Good morning from warm, dry SW Ohio...kinda nice!

Today is the day my friends and I go to Maysville, KY..my RA is kicking up a little, but I'm hoping that the shower will help. And the asprin! lol!

I only have two more loads of laundry left to do..the only 2 out of 8 loads that didn't get soaked on the floor on Monday. Our basement floor is now clean and dry..thanks to the neighbors. They have a carpet cleaning company (a side job) so they came and mopped the floor with bleach and brought their floor fan to help it dry. So, we should be good now for another 50 yrs.! That's how long it's been since the outside pipes were laid..and they were still fine..the clog was inside..where Earl replaced the old copper drain pipe with plastic and used a sleeve..the balance of the old copper where it met the cast iron had just crumbled away and the edges caught a bunch of TP and sludge..yuk. Anyway, they replaced all that and it is fine now!
We think that the new water saver toilet probably helped it clog..not enough water to push it out!

I'm sure you were all just thrilled to hear the details! LOL!!!

I have lots to talk about, but I need to get in that shower and get ready to roll this morning. BBl or tomorrow!

Joanne

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:24 am

Kathy congratulations. How exciting for you.

Joanne that doesn't sound like much fun at all. We had a back up at our Il house in the basement. Luckily we were there when it happened.

Lori

Lori 8-)

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:24 am

Lois I hope all goes well today. Many times there can be a shadow which amounts to nothing but it is good that you are getting it checked. There also can be calcium deposits. You will be in my prayers today.
Vicky I am sorry to hear about your MIL. We just don't seem to know what and why their minds are telling them things sometimes, hope today is a better day.
KATHYQUILTS you rock girlfriend. The house is sold. I am so happy for you.
Aunt Fran is still in the hospital, maybe today she will head back to the nursing home. The nurses are so good but she is being so cranky. THey really are a special group at the hospital she is in.
No word from Sofia, no new update on Uncle Leonard.
Hubby called me this morning from work, I said hello and he said, oh shoot I forgot what I called you for. I laughed so hard. I have done that so many times, but it was just tooo funny not to laugh
Looking for an easy pattern for a dollie quilt. I have one reborn baby doll left that I made and think I will get her spruced up with a blanket. Okay, where I am going to find the time to make it would be the first question. hehehehehe lol (okay I think lol means laughing out loud in cell phone text language.
Prayers and positive thoughts going out to all in need
PINK IS DEFINITELY MY COLOR CHOICE. Wearing it today for you Lois
Chrissy1
Travel safely my friends

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:23 am

Good morning.. what a hot hot day it will be today...I don't need to pack a lunch, we are having a nacho bar, my job is to bring chopped onions and tomatoes.. after work Jerry needs me to stop by the dollar store then I get to come home...

Suzette, sorry it's raining, but rain can be very relaxing.. hope you find treasures at the LQS.

Vicky.. MIL is probably needing to be in control so she is being a stinker....happy cleaning and sewing.

Lori, glad you did well in your treasure hunt.. I miss Carol, hope she's doing well.

Kathy, I am so so happy for you... remember when we wondered if this would ever happen.. and now you are looking forward to a new adventure... what excitement you must be feeling... what is your timeline... when do you plan to be moved...glad you're "getting out" on your terms and not the buyer... everyone "wants it now"

Joanne, glad youre all unclogged and ready to go shopping... what a blessing your neighbors were to help you like that.

Chrissy, did DH ever remember why he called? too funny

Lois, prayers that all goes well with your mamo... hope you get a chance to sew today...

From yesterday,

Judi, I'm not a scrap booker either.. I am not even one to put my photo's in an album.. Jerry and I just went through tons of photos and got rid of the scenery ones and any duplicates... with scanners and computers who needs duplicates.

Maryq.. don't chase the dust bunnies, they run really fast... and they always come back...

Vicky, I liked the video of the hexigons.. very cool..

Sharona, oooohhhhh, a new deck... I would love to have a porch or deck that is really big... and screened in.

Cindyg.. I am so glad you got that jacket..I don't ever go anywhere so it would be much more bored here than there...

Jules, glad Phantom was so good, I have never seen it... hope the ring thing gets settled for you...

Karlene, are you doing a tube quilt for the wedding.. I am so going to do that pattern some day... I have a large someday list... I can see you watching the tracking on your clothes line and timing it to when the washer is finished with a load.

Chickie, I don't think it will ever rain here again either.

Joanne, yuck.. sorry about the drainage problems...

Carole, when you call him Luke I have to remember it's really DD we are talking about...lol.. poor Jane, stuck in a corner.. tsk tsk...

O'Dorothy, I am thrilled with the Lysa news.. what a blessing to you all, especially her mom...as for Jim and Ted... sounds like an episode of that tv show Home Improvement where Tim was always adding more power... or maybe more like the Honeymooners with you and Teds wife in the background shaking your heads in wonder...lol...

Sandy, try just making one hexigon GFG block... then sew it onto a bigger background piece and make it into a pillow... I tried and love the hexigons... it's a fun block to make but if you end up not caring to do it you have a pretty pillow.

I need to have some breakfast and chop some toamtoes, you all have a super day,
chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”