Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday July 7,2012

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Saturday July 7,2012

Post by auntjana » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:58 am

Good morning!

It has been a wild night around these parts - it started off well, then Matt, went to use the grinder - a tool that cuts metal - a small saw - well it jumped and gouged a very large hole in his leg, around on the side of the knee - OUCH!! Crenda and Michael rushed him down to the hospital Emergency room and they had to stitch the wound in layers - so he has twelve stitches in his leg - no more work on the basement - my orders! Everyone spent the night here - we didn't want to wake up the boys - so they just left to go to their home - advil is all that Matt is taking - he hurts this morning, but is doing OK.

Later this morning, I am going wedding shopping with the bride and Crenda - I will be doing some embroidery with my sewing machine on the corners of some organza for table toppers for the reception. I did this for Matt and Crenda's reception - the bride loved them - so we will do it again - may even use the same embroidery program too - just different colors.

So I am hedaed off for a few minutes of down time - I need it!

Hugs
Jana

Chriss - Ethan sent you his famous kisses - just for Auntie Chriss - his slime kisses - that is what we call them! Besides crowing, what he likes to do best!

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:15 am

Good Morning Girls

Well, the temps have dropped to a bearable level...time to throw open the windows for some fresh air. Had a bit of a good old fashioned thunderstorm come through last nite, so it's cool and nice this morning. When it dries up just a bit I'm headed out to mow the lawn. Later on this afternoon I'll probably head over to my brother Tim's to put together a memorial service for brother Chris. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers... Yesterday was a tough day....After we made arrangements at the funeral home, we went and cleaned his room at the Assisted Living center. Found the bathrobe we gave him for Christmas last year, that he never wore... never took the price tags off.

Chriss...I sure don't envy you cleaning out for a garage sale. I've been in my house 26 years, so you can imagine the stuff I've collected over the years. I have 2 china cabinets, but one was my Mom's and nobody else had a place for it... so it's at my house. I can't even blame some of this STUFF on my kids! Well, except for some of Jen's books from teaching!

Chrissy.... MEN---need I say more! Sorry to hear you are having pain.... EAsy quilt top... Tossed 9 patch!!! One of my new favorites!
How nice for Aunt Fran to have a new visitor. When I get old(er) I want somebody to call me a "pistol" too!!

Maryz.... from the pictures I've seen it sure looks like you and the Wild Woman jacket have been having a wonderful time!!! Driving around yesterday I saw quite a few 5th wheel campers and thought of you.

Karlene... Funny how a little thing like a clothesline can make us so happy.. I do love sheets hung out on the line, but never was much for hanging clothes out--they seem to get crispy outside. Hope the wedding today goes off without a hitch and that everybody keeps cool!

Jules.. OH MY GOODNESS, you certainly have made a haul.. One year in Vegas, DEX won on a slot machine... I dragged his fanny up to the jewerly store!

Judi...prayers for you BIL! Wish I lived a little closer to you DD and that life wasn't so hectic for me right now, I'd be happy to lend her a hand!

Well, the clock has been ticking away, and I've had a couple cups of coffee now so it's time to move on with the day. The grass won't mow itself and I still need to unload my car from the things I brought home yesterday.

Wishing you all a wonderful day
Maryq

mellomayking

Post by mellomayking » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:57 am

Morning all,

Just popping in to say "hi"....DGS's 6th birthday is tomorrow but we are celebrating today. He is very excited! We are going to Chuck E Cheese in a couple of hours. He loves that place. The food is absolutely horrid, but I guess we don't go there for that! Have to stop and pick up the cake on the way.

Jules, you got a lot of nice goodies to take back across the pond, didn't you!

Maryq, prayers continue for you and your family during this sad time....here's a big cyber-hug for you ((((hug)))))

Prayers continue for Irish's girl, Sharona's girl, and Grammie's guy.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend.

I'm off to the shower.....hugs,

Mel

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:56 am

Hi...

I'm back with power. Lost it for a few hours but no problem.

I'm multitasking my day a little uglies/packing then cool down cutting for BOM. It's working smoothly for me.

Judi....I do not have the accucutter thing..but you have a very good idea. It would make cutting easier.
sending prayers for your BIL & his medical team.

Tina....enjoy your rain...it dose smell so good.

Jules....love you fabric! Real nice kits. The weather in Massachusetts is much like here, with tons more snow!!!

Jana...OH OUCH!!!! Poor Matt.

Maryq....I found that there was a strange emptiness in me when my sister died. Different from other people....it must have been a sibling thing. Sending prayers..

Mel...Happy Birthday to your DGS!!

Back to work....

womster

Post by womster » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:13 am

Hi all -

I'm at my DS1's house so just popping in to let you know our internet is still sick. Can't wait for it to be back so I can have a proper chat! Love to all. xoxo Sharona

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:40 am

YEAH! I've been sewing! Happy dance here :o)
Tina

kho

Post by kho » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:50 am

Wouldn't you know it. I took a pic of the temperature-106.3 and it has gone up to 106.8 now. No wonder my fish keep knocking on the door trying to get inside out of the heat..

Very lazy day here. It's too hot. Need some rain and hoping it cools down tonight. The 90's and 80's are looking so inviting I can hardly wait.
Going to turn the air down a bit and enjoy some cool.Only a few more hours and it should be nicer..here's praying for the rain..
Sandy, sweating

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:09 am

Jules - looks like you have a pretty good haul of fabric to take home. I love quilt kits also.

Mel - I agree about Chuckie Cheese. But, the kids love that place!

I have gotten most of what I need done, done. Tomorrow I will pack. Then we will hit the road Monday morning. Have to stop at Sonic for breakfast. We don't have any Sonics up here. Have a great evening & stay cool.

Suzette
Suzette

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:03 pm

Good afternoon all. Sorry I haven't been on lately, but have been busy with inventory at work and DH's tests. We got good news the CT Scan and the Bone Scan both showed the cancer has not spread so for now all he has to do is change his medicine. Thanks for all your prayers. My inventory went very well and the results were very good. I can't wait until the first of the year so I can get out of there though. It used to be a very good place to work, but I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy now. They would like to get rid of all us older employees such as myself with 28 years in and get cheaper part time people. In the process they are starting to drive me to drink. Please keep me in your prayers that I don't "blow a gasket" before next January.

Jules - I think it looks like you are definately having a good time shopping on your trip. I did the same thing last year at Houston Quilt Festival. I sent a box of stuff home from the show and went back and bought more. I guess it is a sickness with us all.

To all of you that have family crisis I will keep you all in my prayers. I have read about all of them but still have trouble keeping everyone staight. I am working on it.

Maryq - I have sent you another small package of yarn. It should be there this week. I am sure you will put it to good use.

Well, better go get the trash can I put out this morning. I have been waiting for it to cool but I think I am fighting a losing battle. It is 104 degrees here today. Well, have a good week all and try to keep cool

Sherry

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi again!

We are back from our day's ride - only 40 miles, but what wonderful miles they were! We were at 12,000 feet on a mountain top and could look down the mountain on either side! And we saw mountain goats! This has just been an awesome trip. Looks like we won't be leaving tomorrow morning, though. My brother is camping 100 miles south of us with his DD and DGK's and we'll just wait for him here. Then head home together. So an extra night here for us. OK by me. It's such a pretty spot and I can use a 'down' day to just sit and read or work on hand-stitching.

KATHY - How's the paperwork coming on the house? Any date yet that you have to be out by?

JUDI - prayers for your BIL. He started getting therapy so soon that he stands a good chance of recovery, I'd think. Warren had cardiac issues so by the time he was able to begin therapy, it was almost too late for him. But he's still slowly improving.

JULES - Is that all?? lol!

TINA - happy for your rain!!

SANDY - NOT happy for your temps! 106*?? Totally un-do-able for me!

CHRISS - how's the purging going? It goes better if you actually have a date for the sale. Especially if you advertise it!

CINDY & SUE - you're having too much fun, I just know it!!

MARY Q - glad it was fifth-wheels that reminded you of me. There are so many other, less desirable, options!! lol! Thought of you and your brother today on the mountaintop and whispered a prayer. Don't feel too bad that you found he had never used your gift. Bill's mother refused to use any gift we ever gave her and in fact, even refused a Gift certificate once! Don't get me started on the quilt I made for her!

MEL - have fun at Chuckie Cheese's! STBY! I remember when my 3 kids were little they talked their dad into taking me there for my birthday! They had a ball! Which was the fun part. But definitely not the food!! lol!

SHERRY - glad you have good news about your DH. But sorry about the car things.

SUZ - Will it be cool at the beach? Will you be in a house? motel? condo? I need to know just how jealous to be!

SHARONA - have you called a computer doctor for a second opinion?

JANA - how scary! How good of you to let him have the rest of the day off! Hope he heals quickly.

Well, the owners of our little RV nest are coming to dinner tonite. our friend, Tex, is cooking pot roast, potatoes, carrots in his dutch oven. I'll add homemade applesauce, green beans, relish tray, and maybe my DH will cook cornbread or biscuits in his own DO. and I did hear something about wine!

The W.W. Jacket is on its way to the 'lucky' recipient!

Mary z

Return to “Sew ins”