Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday October 4th 2011

Daily discussions.
quilt_florida

Re: Tuesday October 4th 2011

Post by quilt_florida » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:15 am

Cindyg...I've been praying for disposable clothes since i was first shown how to wash my own clothes! Some 26 years ago. :)
I'm waiting for the girls to get a little older. Then they'll understand why I get upset when they change clothes 10 times a day and throw clothes all over the floor.

Thank God for paper plates! Right? lol
julee

karpet

Post by karpet » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:12 pm

All this talk about lettuce reminded me of cabbage! There are a lot of cabbage farms around and this is the time that they are harvested. As I was driving around last weekend it looked like there had been a great food war going on with cabbages being thrown around at high speeds all around the highways and byways. Smashed cabbages (and a few cauliflowers) littered the sides of the road. I kept thinking "It's been a drive-by vegging!" That's how my strange mind works! (I do know that the cabbages just fell off of the produce trucks!)

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:22 pm

“The simplest toy, one which even the youngest child can operate, is called a grandparent.” Sam Levenson

Julee - I would like to tell you that understanding will take place when they get older BUT it doesn't happen. My DD still changes her clothes many times a day and she is 28 - LOL

Maryq - I love those Puffs until one day I used one to clean my glasses - everything was such a blurr after that - LOL - prayers for you to feel better very soon

Vicky - also prayers for your neck. My heart aches as I know what that feels like.

Be back soon :);

quilt_florida

Post by quilt_florida » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:59 pm

I drove by a cabbage field after it had been harvested. Oh the stink! It was as bad as a feed lot of cows.

Thank you Teresa for the encouragement, lol. I'll be 39 next month, and I still change my clothes 2 or 3 times a day. :) Or I'll put something on and decide I'm not in the mood for it. But at least I hang it back up.

My all time favorite clothes are my pajamas. I would permanently live my life in pajamas if I could. DH calls me Heff. haha

Ok, I'm going to try to upload a photo! Wish me luck..Haven't done this before. :)

julee

quilt_florida

Post by quilt_florida » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:16 pm

This is me and DH, last year around Feb.

IT WORKED!!!!!! HOLY MOLY! I tried this years ago & couldn't do it.
I'll post more in the picture thread. :)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:53 pm

Kathy, you will see your grands at the end of this month.. woo hoo.. it will be good for you to get their hugs and smooches.

Maryq.. I use Puffs too.. it is such a great relief to my nose during a cold..... I have drawn up tons of mug rug designs... I think I have a couple of ideas on how to go.....

Julee.. I didn't realize you were so young... my granddaughter is 8.... love the picture of you and DH.. you are an adorable couple...

Judi, hope all goes smoothly for your sis... sounds like lots of work.

Karlene... the CO house sounds like a wonderful time.... I have always thought it would be fun if we all could get together.

Maryz.. I have a felt ornament pattern I want to try out too... it uses embroidery to make trees or sugar cookies... and there is one that is a snowman face... very cute... your houses are perfect...

Cindy... was that factory fire in Tx anywhere near you? I ahven't heard yet if they got it put out.

Jana.. sorry the move is being put off...and although it's no replacement for DGS... a big chocolate croissant all to your self isnt' too bad.. we didn't get rain yet.. but it sure looks like it's ready... maybe if I shoot a bullet into the sky it will poke a hole in the cloud and the rain will come.

O'Dorothy, I will keep your sis in my prayers... mmmmm apple squares..... Jim gets all the good food...

and now it's time for a shower and to relax a bit... you all have amarvelous evening
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

womster

Post by womster » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:07 pm

Good evening - been down all day with the crud. SO ready to be back to normal. Sounds like y'all have doing well - I do so miss my daily checkin.

See you tomorrow! xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”