Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday, September 9th, 2011 TGIF!!!

Daily discussions.
mellomayking

Friday, September 9th, 2011 TGIF!!!

Post by mellomayking » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:30 pm

Happy Friday! Just on my way to bed so I thought I would pop in and say good morning.

DH was at the bowling alley last night with our two sons and our DGS. After bowling, they were watching a football game. Some guy came in and wanted the sound turned up, so he walked over to the TV and turned it up with the volume control button. DH said that DGS' eyes got as big as saucers and he looked up and said "Papaw, how did he DO that?" DH just cracked up. How funny that we don't even think of those little things. I guess DGS has always been around remote controls--didn't know that things operated manually! LOL I remember being amazed at remote controls!

Well, guess I better head off to bed. So glad it is Friday--I get to pick up DGS from Daycare after work.

Hope you all have sweet dreams and have a spectacular Friday. I'll check back in from work.

Hugs,
Mel

suzette58

Re: Friday, September 9th, 2011 TGIF!!!

Post by suzette58 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:01 pm

Good morning Mel & those that follow.
I certainly hope that today is better then yesterday. It poured rain all day yesterday. Roads were flooded everywhere. They had to close part of the Beltway in Virginia which is a major road. A park near my house was flooded and so on. Some school systems are closed today and it's only the first week of school. Because of the weather I never went out of the house to my studio. I did give my son's girlfriend her quilt and forgot to take a picture of them with it. I don't know what today will bring maybe some sun. Have a great day.

Suzette
Suzette

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:15 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

Today I have to do the uglies and will try and have some kind of a day with my DH it's his birthday first he has his yearly phycial at the DR'S office then will go to lunch.

I also have to go to the foodstore we defrosted our big upright freezer so now I know how much meat I have I just need some frozen veggies and fresh also I think tommrow would be a good day for the farmers market weather permitted.

Mel the kids today just don't have any Idea that we didn't have remotes back about a million years ago .

Suzette I am so tired of the rain but I guess it's not any better than the white stuff.
Im glad that you gave the quilt to your sons girlfriend Im sure she realy loved it.

Well Everyone Have A Great Day.

Lois BBL.

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:57 am

We are pretty wet here in New York and just south of us in Pa. We took on a little water in our garage but that's all. Yesterday one of Darryl employees couldn't get home because of closed roads and was going to sleep in her car. Darryl called me and asked if she could come here so she did and slept a big part of the day then stayed and had supper with us before going back to work at 10 last night. That was different but surely ok as we want to help those in need.

Yesterday Emily came to me and asked about being a Pampered Chef Consultant. We have talked about this before and she still really wants to do this. I do have some concerns which we talked about and then brought it to her father last night. He has a whole different set of concerns (driving late at night, car breaking down, etc.) The bottom line is yes, she can start this but if she is going into a house where she doesn't know at least one person she will take me or one of her sisters with her. It is exciting for her.

My MIL is coming home today! I will go to the house while my BIL picks her up so he can go over all the medications with them. I'm so glad she is coming home.

I am so, so, so disappointed but our trip to see Sight and Sound this weekend had to be postponed on account of the flooding. I was looking so forward to this trip. Bummer.

Sunday Tia will be married one year!!!! Can you all believe it? I sure can't! I guess I was going a little bit crazy one year ago today. You all were here to help me through that. Thank you again.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today. Stay high and dry.

Vicky

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:06 am

Good Morning everyone..I know it's about 60ish deg. but it's still dark outside..lol! We have a possibility of drizzly rain..scattered today...hope we have NONE.

Grammie Judi, I LOVE the pictures!! It looks soooo peaceful there!! And I LOVE the picture of Ken snoozing in the chair! lol!! Does he know that you took that picture??? I'll bet not! Miss you, girl!

Miriam, your house is sure coming along quickly...hope it continues this way!! I love to see the progress in the pictures.

Well, today is the start of the yard sale weekend. My daughter and DSIL didn't come over last night..it looked "iffy" in the rain department, but her youngest (19) son is coming this morning to help with the set up. My son's wife, Taylor, will be here as soon as little Ryan gets on the bus and bring more stuff to sell and help. Hopefully my son (her DH) will come to help, too. I'm pretty useless right now with my hands, arm and knee giving me fits, but I'll do what I can with putting stuff on the tables and food. That food is really important! lol!! I made some egg salad, tuna salad, chili, and have lunchmeat. No set meals, just go get what you want, when you want it!

Suzette, I hope your son's girlfriend liked her quilt. I'm always a little nervous when I give one..I'm never sure they will love it! lol! It is a really pretty quilt!

Mel, your story about the remote reminded me of the time we asked my DGS to call his brother..we sent him to the wall phone in our kitchen..it is a rotary phone and he just stood there staring at the phone. He had no clue how to use it!! We all got a huge chuckle out of that!

Well, it's starting to get light. Best get crackin'! Everyone have a great day! BBL

Joanne

Opps! Lois I LOVE "starting over" in my freezer! It's probably the ONLY time that I REALLY know what's in it! LOL!!!

Vicky, my DIL sold Pampered Chef products for about a year. She was with my son while he was still in the military. It was easy in that environment--on base. I'm sure Emily will be fine!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:31 am

Good morning from sunny and dry Michigan, I hope the rain goes away for all of you that don't want it. I hope those despirately in need get it, My prayers are for God to get it switched soon.

Nothing is planned today we will wait for some friends to join us here at camp/ They are driving up today. We are excited to see them. I am sitting here typing in the dark. My sis is sleeping on the sofabed and Dh is in the bed. They will be up soon. My and the cat are waiting so we can make coffee.

Jo Ken did not know I took the pictures till afterwards. Then he always asks me if he was on facebook? Lol/ Nope just showing him off to me quilting friends,,,I say/

Well me and the cat are going to get dressed and see if we can make coffee. Sis bought one of those Kuerig coffee makers and inherited it back from my Mom, another sis gets the coffee cups at a discount so we have it in the camper. Kinda neat and it has an attachment t use regular coffee too. the cups are a little pricey/ But good coffee...actually awesome coffee.

Hope you all have a great day. I have been walking the beaches here, More today,,,,,,,XXOOO BBL

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:15 am

Good monring all.. what a great friday... after work it's the bank then Target or Walmart and finally home...

Carole.. what wonderful news... prayers are still being sent...I bet your DD is thrilled.

Tina... good luck getting a new machine... there are so many to choose from.. mine has a ton of stitches and I use about 5 of them..so I really probably could have downsized and saved some money... ugh...

Jana.. woo hoo, hope that the house sells like you want it to.

Suzette, I bet the girlfriend quilt will be loved and treasured.. you really need a covered walkway from the hosue to the studio....

Lois.. I love the farmers markets and roadside fruit/veggie stands.. the other day I stopped and got cherry tomatoes... $2 a basket and they threw in way more than a basket worth... I sit at my desk and snack on them.. so so good.

Vicky...Emily will love pampered chef.. you have raised a level headed girl she hasn't given you reason not to trust her judgement so far and I doubt she will start now... I still use some of the pamp. chef stuff I got when I had my party about 15 years ago.. I love the wooden spoons...

Joanne, happy yard sale... wish I were there....

Judi, have a wonderful nothing planned day

Mel... how funny about the volumne... my son and I were talking about that kind of thing recently... they do get amazed when you mention things from the past...

well it's off to work for me... hope you all have a marvelous day..

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:15 am

Good morning Mel, Suzette, Lois, Vicky, Joanne and GrammieQ and everyone else that follows. :o) I woke up at 4...so here I am :o)
Mel, you reminded my of a funny thing...still makes me giggle....we were in Walmart one day and went to the eatery in the back for a snack and they had records (45's) hanging from the ceiling with fishing line all around the jukebox.....our kids were in their early teens I think and they were just looking at them, after a few minutes one of them said "those sure are big CD's" me and DH about fell out of our chairs laughing!, we did tell them what they were....they did not find us amuzing LOL
Suzette, I kick myself everytime I forget to take a pic LOL
Vicky, I love Pampered Chef stuff, I have tons...don't buy very much anymore because I don't have room for anymore but I do get a couple things a year :o) I wish her the best of luck :o)
Lois, Happy b-day to your DH! Please send some rain over here :o)
Joanne, hope you sell it all this weekend :o) you can send your rain here too :o)
GrammieQ, I loved your pix, looks like my kind of place, enjoy!
I'm going to call the Babylock dealer today and see what they have. I checked on the BL website last night and really really liked the looks of a couple of their machines! I hope the dealer has some in my price range and that at least one of them speaks to me...the pix sure did...I was about drooling last night looking at them LOL I'm gonna call the bone cracker this morning and see if I can get in, it's been a couple of months so I'm doing better then what I was :o) I found the cutest FQ yesterday of 30's so I bought it :o)....I did really good yesterday and spent under $20 the whole day :o)
You all have a wonderful day! I'll let you know how things go on my hunt today :o)
Tina

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:54 am

Good Morning Girls

T G I F for sure!!!! I have a sneaky feeling it's going to be a hectic day at work today, so I am really looking forward to the weekend!

My sympathies to all of you with so much rain... and to those in desperate need of it. It's beautiful here this morning and they are predicting that we will have a gorgeous fall...best year for color in the leaves in years--so they say. I do love to watch the leaves change---not so fond of raking them up tho!

Cindyg... yes it is quiet here without Jen. I miss both of them a lot! Am kind of waiting for that phone call "Mom, I'm pregnant" then for sure I will start saving up $$ and vacation time for a trip to Alaska! I don't think it will be any time soon, but I am sure looking forward to it!!!

Miriam. so great to see picutres of the home in progress!!! I can tell you are excited about a new place.

Lois... I'm the oldest one at work... the young folks sure get a kick of my old stories of 45 rpm records and even LP albums! They can't imagine what it was like before cell phones and computers!

Vicky... congrats to Emily... I'm sure that had to be a tough decision for her.. I hope it goes well and that she enjoys her new career. And Happy Anniversary to Tia!!!

Joanne... good luck with your Yard Sale! Hope it dries up and you have lots of customers. Yard/garage sales are a LOT of work... one of these years I'm going to have a big ESTATE sale!!!

Tina... how fun to be shopping for a new machine!!! If I won the lottery and could stay home and sew I'd go for a new BL and/or an embroidery machine....I gave Jen my little Brother machine so I have my Elna... but I also have an OLD machine I may dig out and fix up and use that as well. something else for my "to do" list.

Well, it's that time again.... to get ready for work. On fridays I say to myself... I can make it through one more day! Going to get outside and trim some shrubs tomorrow and wash a few more screens and windows, perhaps paint some more trim and of course do the laundry and ironing. Now that Nolan's quilt is finished I'm going to get going on my Lodge blocks.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Maryq

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:01 am

Mel - funny about what your DGS said. Times have changed. My kids were amazed that our first TV was black and white when we were growing up.

Suz - sorry about the rain and flooding. Hope you get some sun today.

Lois - Happy Birthday to your DH. I need to go get frozen veggies, too. I'm almost out.

Vicky - sorry about your flooding. Glad your MIL is going home today. So Emily wants to be a Pampered Chef consultant. Good for her. At the parties I've been to, the consultants really seem to enjoy their job. I love their ice cream scoop and potato peeler. I gave one of the collapsible bowls to a friend for her RV. It's a space saver. Oh, my, I can't believe it's been a year that Tia's been married. Seems like just a couple of months ago.

Joanne - good luck with your yard sale. I hope you and your stuff stay dry. Have fun. I'll be over around noon for an egg salad sandwich.

Grammie - we have a Keurig, too, and use it on a regular basis. I love the Cafe Mocha -yummy. My sis gave it to us for Christmas and we didn't think we'd use it much but we do - in the evenings when we don't want to make a full pot. Enjoy your camping.

Chriss - have an easy work day. I also need to go to WalMart. Maybe I'll go this weekend.

Tina - well, what did you look at yesterday? When I took El's class at the quilt show a few years ago I think we used Baby Lock machines. It was nice.

I'm at work sneezing my head off - we have smoke still from the wild fire and also the rag weed is bad. Blow and sneeze, blow and sneeze - UGH! After work I'm picking up my oldest DGS to come spend the weekend with us. I'll take him with me when I get my hairs cut in the morning and have my girl cut his hair, too. Then he can go with me to take my sewing machine in for her annual physical and then I'll take him shopping for a few clothes. I got in my car this morning and there was ash all over the windshield. There was a flare up late yesterday afternoon and it went to onlyh 15% contained but this morning it is at 50% contained. I'm praying they get it out soon. It's burned 13,000 acres so far. Guess I'd better get to work here. TGIF

I hope you can all fondle some fabric today.

Return to “Sew ins”