Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday, September 9th, 2011 TGIF!!!

Daily discussions.
TeresaK

Re: Friday, September 9th, 2011 TGIF!!!

Post by TeresaK » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:20 am

Good Afternoon Pals -
Still having troubles with my tummy keeping me up at night so it was a lazy morning getting started. I think it was the nuts that started it.
My Florida BFF's mom had to be rescued by boat from her home and my sister (midwife) can't get down off her hill to get to her Mom's having babies. Please keep them in your prayers.

I have Valerie's Mexican Star on the frame. Stippling goes at a slower pace than panto's but it is moving along and behaving nicely. I just hope the stippling is small enough or should I say not to small.

Vicky – How wonderful for Emily. I was a Princess House Consultant for many years until I lost the use of my right arm. What is great about it – you start your first parties with friends and family and then you get bookings off of them that now you are meeting those friends and their friends so you always know and get to know friends and more friends. It is a great opportunity to meet lots of people in your neighborhoods that you would never have met otherwise. I wish her great success!! Great news about your MIL coming home. Has it really been 1 year! WOW – time really flies when you are having fun. Happy Anniversary to the Happy Couple. How are they celebrating? What a blessing you were to your DH coworker. I am so glad you were there for her. I know what it is like to sleep in a car. Not fun at all.

Lois – I saw that there was not much in my freezer in the garage so I took everything out of the kitchen frezzer and FINALLY cleaned it. Looks so nice and empty!!! What food I don’t have … I won’t eat!!! LOL Happy birthday to DH.

Joanne – I remember the days of the rotary phones. Those were the days! Blessings on your yard sale!

Grammie – Your pictures make me wish I was with you enjoying the beauty in person.
The picture of Ken snoozing in the chair is priceless! My DIL has one of those Kuerig coffee makers and loves it. She always makes sure there is Hot Chocolate waiting for me when I get there – but truth be told – Nestle’s is still the best!!!

Tina – I love my Janome 6600. I would upgrade to the Horizon but what is not broke doesn’t need replacing so I keep sewing with the one I love. Happy dance for the rain!! When you re done with it please send my way 

Carole – great news. Prayers always for the whole situation to be over … as you said … in His time … but I can’t help praying it would be now so she can live a life filled with lots more laughter and peace.

Maryz – wish I had one of those books to pass on to my son. What a kick that would be now that he has a son of his own. I can’t believe he just started pre-school.

Kathy – WONDERFUL that you are feeling better but sorry you have to clean up now. Hope it goes quick so you can enjoy the joys of being healthy!

Scraps – it is amazing what we can get done when we have no computer or TV … it’s OK for a little while … but not to long … I miss my Pals!

Chriss – are the blocks there yet? Waiting eagerly …. Are they there yet? LOL I see a grilled cheese with tomato sandwich in the future. Mmmmmmm

If I missed someone I'm sorry - Prayers for safety for those in the path of the storms. Hope you all have a great day getting ready for a BEAUTIFUL weekend. ((((((((((HUGE HUGS)))))))))))

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:02 am

We passed the first inspection with flying colors!! This was the pest inspection for termites - NONE!! We knew that - now it is in writing!!

I have the Cannoli Cake all ready to assemble - oh it is yummy - been tasting the filling and the frosting! I have died and gone to heaven with how it tastes!! Won't take long to assemble - then I have to go to the store and get milk - for some reason the milk has soured! We bought it just the other day and one gallon tasted funny to me and now the new gallon is even worst! So I have no milk to go with the cake! :(

Off to do some more packing!
Jana

Cindy - Sue - be sure to rinse off your cars often in all this soot and fallout - it will eat the paint right off the car if it stays for long!

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:05 pm

Congratulations Jana!!!! It is always nice to see it in writing.

That cake sounds out-of-this-world delicious. Hope you post the recipe.

We had milk go sour on us as well. We took the carton back to the store and showed them the expiration date and they replaced it. Hope you don't live to far from the store. I might just have to come and have a taste :)

We had lots of ash in the air from the Tehachapi fire so i agree that you need to wash the car. DH did and even did the inside of the front window. Such a sweetie!

Return to “Sew ins”