Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, September 6th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Tuesday, September 6th

Post by suzette58 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:19 pm

Good morning everyone.
It is pouring rain here right now. I got the girlfriend quilt finished label and everything. When she comes over I am going to take a picture of my son and her together with it. After work I plan to try and finish quilting the table runner. I am drinking my coffee and watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I have to check my do list and see what quilt I want to make next. I have a quilt for my niece and one for hubby's niece to make. Plus a Lover's Knot for hubby and I. So, we'll see. Have a great day.

Suzette
Suzette

mellomayking

Re: Tuesday, September 6th

Post by mellomayking » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:27 pm

Good morning Suzette and all who follow.

Suzette, great job getting the GF quilt finished. Sounds like you have a few projects to keep you busy!

It was a gorgeous day here in the Great PNW. It was also Hot! Supposed to be hot all week. Guess Summer has finally arrive. I am just glad I have AC....not a lot of homes do here.

Took DGS school shopping...boy, I am too old for that! My dogs are still barking! I HATE going to the Mall. I feel like I have been run over by a truck that backed up and ran me over again. I would just like to know how I have ended up in my mother's body! Oh well, shopping is done and now my precious DGS is ready to go to Kindergarten....I'm not ready, but he is.

I am trying to finish up a couple of loads of laundry before I head off to bed. Have to get up in less than five hours to get ready for work. This would have been my jury duty week....I am so sad that it is over (well, except for the extension of one day a month). I can truly say that those eighteen months flew by.

Well, Barnabas Cutie is curled up in the trash can sound asleep...silly cat! Guess I better scoop him out and send him off to bed.

Hope you all have a fantabulous Tuesday. I'll check back in from work.

Sweet Dreams,
Mel

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:04 pm

Good Morning Pals and HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHIRLEY MAE!!! Hope your days is filled with many blessings and lots of fun with friends and family!

After a number of "this still isn't right" on Sue's quilt I finally found the right panto and the right thread so I have 2 more rows to do which I will do tomorrow... ok well maybe later today seeing it is 1am :)
DH has been very quite and very lazy over the last 2 days but he says all is well so I will just keep watch.
Our Quilting group starts up tonight with a potluck with Dh's invited. Should be interesting.

Suzette - Congrat's on finishing the Girlfriend Quilt. Can't wait to see a picture of everyone with it.

Mel - I remember the first day of Kindergarten. So exciting!!!! Don't forget to get the first picture. One thing I wish I had done was to get that frame for all the school years and put there pictures in it. Did I miss a picture of BC?

I didn't get in any reading today so i will have to go back and read yesterday's before I go to bed. I need some "Sweet" Dreams so I wonder if i will read about some pie :)
Have an Awesome Monday!!!!

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:45 am

We are having a rainy, rainy week. Doesn't help my fibromyalgia symptoms, I'm hurting pretty bad.

Today is our first day of school :-) I'm smiling and Caleb is growling, but has been warned by the principal(DH)to shape up or things are going to change in his carefree life. Well, it's not really carefree but he does have a lot of freedoms that well, he just won't have anymore.

The hospital is now telling us that Rose doesn't have C-diff.... I wonder at how we can be told one day she does than the next she doesn't. Darryl said maybe God healed her, she wasn't so receptive to that idea. At any rate she is still in the hospital for the unforeseeable future. It makes it pretty hard on all of us but mainly on her. I think it about time someone take dad over there to see her but no one agrees with me on that note.

I haven't been sewing since last weeks blocks :-(

Last night one of Emily's orchestras had a meeting to look at this years' music. I went with her and visited with the people (I used to be what they called the "orchestra mom." But now that Emily is 18 and can drive after 9 I will not be going to Monday night orchestra. My children are all growing up on me.

I hope is well with everyone. I try to get on and read each day but it's been so busy and I feel over whelmed with all that.

Vicky

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:25 am

Good Morning Ladies,

Wow I can't believe how busy it gets on here I think I have to start posting the night before.

Suzette glad to see you finished your quilt what will your next project be.

Mel it's that time of year again and how nice to see your DGS is going off to Kindergarden take lots of pictures.

Teresa no matter what you do to a quilt top it always looks nice thats because you always have alot of patience when you do them.

Vicky I only hope things start straightening out for you because stress makes your condition worse.

Today I will be cutting out somemore of my quilt blocks and sewing them together I already have a load of wash on and in the dryer.

I Hope Everyone Has A Great Day .

Lois BBL.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:57 am

Good morning... it's going to be a hot week here, but I am blessed with having air conditioning everywhere I go.

after work I do grandma's banking, do my banking and take my sister grocery shopping...

this really hasn't been the best weekend.. Marilyn has had so many meltdowns... and I hate raising my voice to the point of yelling... I pray that today is a better day for her.

Mel, glad your kindegardner is all ready to face school.. what fun... I love their excitement... you also have a lot on your plate... hope things calm down....

Teresa, lemon pie would be a good thing...I am sure the quilt will turn out just fine, it always does.

Vicky, I think it's a good idea for Rose to have her DH visit too... what grade is Caleb in now.... hope you see things calm down soon.

Lois.. have a fun sew day.

Suzette, wow, all done with the GF quilt.. it really is pretty and she will love it.

and I am off to make lunch and breakfast.. you all have a super day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:47 am

Good "chilly" rainy, dreary morning to everyone from SW Ohio. TWO sweatshirts on for the front porch this morning! lol! My son Randy stopped by for a cup of coffee this am, too. He's on his way to get some parts for his "new to him" boat trailer. He bought a bigger boat and trailer and is fixing it all up. Then came Haley..DGD from next door and her mom to wait for the bus. I learned that 2 feathers for your hair cost $4...holy cow! That's outrageous..for FEATHERS! lol!

Lois, I get confused with the "night posters" and the "morning posters"...but then, I'm easily confused! lol!

I'm working mostly on my 9 patch blocks for the tossed 9 patch. I sew three together, then I can sit and pin the next 3 and get them ready to sew. Haven't felt good enough to struggle with the moose applique. At least those 9 patches are moving along! lol!

Went to my daughter's yesterday..lots of food and a fun time. Her oldest son has moved into an apartment, so alot of leftover went home with him. He's short on money until payday..I couldn't believe that the electric company charged him $500 deposit! I thought that was excessive for a small apartment.

Well, off to start something. The village wide yard sale is this coming weekend so I will see if I can dig up anything "new" to put out. My daughter, her DH and youngest son will help on Thursday night setting up. That's a big help.

Off to the races! Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Joanne

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:02 am

Good Morning Girls

Another gorgeous day in MN, but alas.... it's back to work for me! I love nice cool mornings like this!!! Laid awake last night planning my chores for this weekend already! I'm awake but my left arm is still asleep, feels kind of numb this morning and tingly....must have slept funny on it.

Got Nolan's quilt all quilted and the binding on... sewed about 1/2 of the binding down last night while I watched TV will finish the rest this week. Even managed to get a couple more Lodge Blocks done... 10 down 10 to go... I think I'll just keep making them until I find 20 that I like! Once those are done I think I'm going to work on the Paper Dolls DP I started a while ago.

Suzette... doesn't it feel good to have a quilt DONE! Can't wait to see pictures! Good thing you mentioned the label... I always forget that part of a quilt.. need to put one on Nolan's quilt!!

Vicky... sounds you need a VICKY day!!!! Sorry to hear your fibro is acting up... I've heard that can be really painful and there isn't much in the way of meds that can help it. My sis gets it in her hands and use to soak them in warm parafin to help! Prayers continue for Rose!

Mel... I can relate to taking a little one back to school shopping.. Makes me reallly glad I had my kids young! Hope you can get good pictures of DGS on his first day! I have one of those frames that holds all the school pictures--for each one of my kids... I remember buying thinking that it would take forever to fill it. Last one was out of high school in 1999...Man the years have flown by! I have picutres some where around here of every 1st day of school--always wanted to get them put together--need another Round-To-It for that project.

Chriss... sorry to hear Marilyn is strugling.... and that you've had to raise your voice... Does she like school okay? Is she making friends at her new school?

Teresa.. can't wait to see pictures of Sue's quilt! I'm always so impressed at your work.

Well, it's that time again... time to hit the shower and get ready for work. The first day back after a holiday is always busy. We have a few new techs now so that does help.

Hope you all have a great day

Maryq

PS There's still time to join the Secret Santa Swap
Check out the official thread until SWAPS!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:09 am

Typed up a big note and I wasn't signed in,,,,happens sometimes after a security scan. Then it erased my note. Packing is the word of the day. then Uglies we leave in the morning, I will go iver toDD this afternoon to sit with the kids, The 2 boys started school this morning, Liam for 2 dys a week prescholl and my Big boy is going to kindergarten today,

It is cool here I have long sleeves on. I love crispy mornings, I will be able to ge for walks by the river without a gallon af bug spray on me. My black walnut trees are raining yellow leaves down on the yard, No one told them it is still summer. Our little squirrels are running around with the black walnuts in their mouths, They eat good around here cause I don't bother the black walnuts....too messy. But they will eat them all. we have chestnuts too I let them have cause don't care for the taste of chestnuts. Happy squirrels and happy me cause I don't have to pick them up.

well off to find the jackets and bake some bread to take. I dried all the hot peppers over night and jarred them this morning, we will have spicey food for years. they are really HOt dehydrated. BBL XXXOOO

womster

Post by womster » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:49 am

Happy Tuesday!

Suzette – Can’t wait to see the picture of your DS, his girl and the quilt! I wonder which one you’ll chose to do next. Enjoy the rain.

Mel – I am your twin with shopping – I detest it also. Hope your dogs are feeling better today. I also hope you were able to get some sleep without laundry dancing in your head. How son does your next jury day get here? Your little kitty is just too darn cute.

Teresa – so glad you found the right combo for the quilt. You and your DH have fun tonight at the pot luck kick off of your group! Sounds neat.

Vicky – hope your MIL gets out soon. I’m sorry you’re not feeling well either. Happy first day of school – your DH sounds like the perfect principal. How nice that you got to visit with other parents at the orchestra meeting. It’s a bittersweet feeling when our kids grow up….

Lois - happy quilt block making! Sounds like you got an early start to your day with that laundry.

Chriss – I’m sure today will be a much better day. Sorry to hear your weekend wasn’t the best. I remember those days with my boys – blech. You are so nice to do all you do for your grandmother and sister AND your DGD – remember to do something nice for yourself.

Joanne – two sweatshirts? Maybe the heat is finally abating. We’re also having cooler weather – yippee. I wonder when our first frost will be. Sounds like you had a great time at your DD’s party. I agree – that deposit sounds way out of line. I’m glad you’re able to work on the 9-patches – maybe those moose will start behaving themselves soon..

Maryq – hope your first day back to work isn’t a zoo. Yay that Nolan’s quilt is almost done! Will you finish sewing the binding down tonight? I also have some paper doll quilts I need to get started. My list is growing SOOO long, and I’m embarrassed to say I found even MORE projects to work on whilst reorging the sewing room.

Judi – we’re not to the crisp mornings yet – I am looking forward to those as well. My grandmother loved black walnuts – I remember her trundling a bunch of grandkids into the car to go pick up the black walnuts off the ground. She used them in her divinity. Happy packing! How annoying that the computer ate your note...

Today continues the umpteenth day of cleaning. Once I start in one place, it spreads to another. Instead of finishing up one room and moving on, I now have three rooms in complete disarray. Oh well, it will get done this week.

Have a lovely day, ladies! xoxo - Sharo

Return to “Sew ins”