Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday August 17,2011

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Wednesday August 17,2011

Post by auntjana » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:33 am

Back -

Not a happy camper - I have two loose crowns that have to be pulled - tomorrow morning - uggh! and then the cleaning appointments. one of the crowns is near the front and will leave a hole when I smile - so now we have to figure out what is going to replace it. Oh are they ever expensive!! So my life is at the dentist office for the next few weeks!!

I tried the skirt on my BFF's DD and it fits perfectly - so it is on to the finishing it today - should not take me long - just the zipper, facing and hem - it is really a quick and easy skirt!

Got part of the tractor blocks sewn - but have to ditch them out of sight - DS3 is on his way down to build the new shed. So they will be out of sight for the rest of the week.

Well I am off to a one-woman pity party - I know better than not go to the dentist - and see what happens - so those who put it off - DON"T!!!

Hugs
Jana

carole

Post by carole » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:16 am

Boy this has been some busy day today. But all my uglies are done, grocery shopping is done, and even got my hair cut.

After many calls yesterday about the health insurance - I found out - they have now changed from Secure Horizon to United Healthcare Medicare Advantage. Until I get my insurance card and membership before 9/1 they can not tell me what will be covered. So until that time I guess I am at a stand still. I do know that if I go with them (Husband's work supplies this) I can not get a supplement. So confusing. So I guess I just have to wait and see what this is all about. They did say that Medicare would be primary, and they should pay 80%, but will United pay the 20%? Who knows. Thanks to Sharon, Suzette, and Grammiequilts for all the good advice. You will never know how much I appreciate it.

Now about my DGS, Kenneth, have not heard a thing for a few days so I am not sure when he will have to go to court. No news could be good news. Maybe things have quieted down. I left a message this afternoon for my DD - so we shall see. She has been so busy interviewing for a job for a paralegal and with the 4 kids - well I hate to nag her. Please keep them on your prayer chain and as soon as I hear anything you will be the first to know.

Tina - Hang in there - why are your legs and feet swelling so much.
You poor thing. You need to have a hand project to do while you have your feet up - you know - I think I could just spare one Dear Jane block just for you to do LOL.

Just got off the phone with DD and the court date is this coming Mon.
Her probono lawyer just informed her. Now she is afraid she is going to lose her job. Anyway the lawyer told her that because Kenneth ran they will probably remove the kids and place them in foster care. So if that comes up they are going to present that my DH and I will come to S.C. and take custody of them. How long we will be away I am not sure, but the important thing is the 4 kids. So please, please pray for them and that the Judge will see how this will destroy the kids if they are put in foster care. I just do not understand South Carolina law. I can not believe that the probono lawyer does nothing and gets away with it. I can not believe that the Judge and 2 lawyers go in another room and make decisions without any testimony or the mother hearing what is being said. And they say this is legal.

Thanks my dear friends for letting me rant and rave like that. I will let you know what happens on Monday.

Love you guys,

Carole

Jules

Post by Jules » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:33 am

Oh what a day, while I was at my mums earlier Lily (5year old niece) rsn outside with no shows on and got the biggest splinter you've ever seen in her foot, we all had a go at trying to remove it and it couldn't be done, so my sister took her home and her DH was going to bring some anesthetic cream home and see if he could get it out. She rang me a couple of hours ago, they hadn't been able to get it, so had gone to the ER........where they bumped into my mum, she was being transferred to another hospital, where they were going to rescan her appendix, keep her in for obs and decide, maybe tomorrow, whether they will operate, my sister has just sent me a text and they can't get the splinter out so they are now talking anesthetic and maybe a little stitch once they've got the thing out!!!!

It's been a long evening for all of them...take care everyone, will see you in the morning xx

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:41 pm

Good Evening, Well I did have plans today. I did can tomatos but that was all. DD dropped the boys by for a couple of hours so she could go shopping and we played outside. I did get a little weeding done while they played. I didn't make it to the farmers market to get the corn. I have tomatoes in the dehydrator now will make tomato powder a great addition to soups and stews and salad dressing. I have been dehydrating for 2 years now and it is an adiction. You just want to dry everything, We did go to the Jerky Store and I bought a bunch of flavors for the pantry. I don't have the courage to do meats. I let the pros do it for me. It is quite yummy. Had some for lunch. I chop it into soupd so it adds the flavor there too. Well I need to get sewing,,,XXXOOO

cathy

Post by cathy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:18 pm

Has anyone gone to the Retreat in Julian, Ca.?

carole

Post by carole » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:39 pm

I haven't but I heard they were great!!!!

Carole

cathy

Post by cathy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:42 pm

My cousin & I are going for both sessions. Just don't know what to expect.

womster

Post by womster » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:43 pm

Evening, all.

Just a quick update on my son. He came home today, but without any answers to what is causing the severe pain, the troponin leak, and the wonky EKG. The next step is to get the MRI done on his heart, a sleep apnea test, and genetic testing. After the first two are done, we reconvene with the cardiologist to see where we go from there.

As for the genetics testing, I've heard most insurance companies will not pay for it. Maybe since his is more diagnostic than for family planning, there will be an exception. Doubtful, but I'll start looking into it. I can see the next few months will be spent trying to figure out his medical bills and dealing with insurance companies.

Tina - I hope your swelling has gone down.

Carole - prayers going up for your DD and DGKs.

Jules - so sorry about Lily and your mum.

See you all tomorrow morning! Thank you so much for keeping us in your prayers. I'm so looking forward to returning to my normal routine.

xoxo - Sharona

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:29 pm

Hi, I keep falling asleep, I guess the loss of sleep is trying to get caught up...LOL a first for me, usually I just keep a neg balance in the old sleep vault. My legs and feet are a little better but still pretty bad, I can't get any shoes on except my old worn out house slippers so that is what I wore in to town today to be with Jazmyne. I gave her a bath and got the last 3 bandaids off....poor baby they weren't very easy with her at the hospital about taking them off, other then that they were so good with her! She is very tired tonight and she didn't want me to leave her this evening.
Sharona, prayers for your son and your family, I hope all turns out good.
Jules, I hope all is ok with your mom and niece.
Thank you all for being here for me and my family :o) You all have a restful night.
Tina

carole

Post by carole » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:17 pm

Goodnight Ladies.

Carole

Return to “Sew ins”