Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, August 16th, 2011

Daily discussions.
cindyg

Re: Tuesday, August 16th, 2011

Post by cindyg » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:44 am

Can y'all please send up some prayers. A member of my church owns a water well company and he employees another member from my church. The employee was on top (30') of the water well using a welding torch to cut a hole in the top of the well and it exploded. The top of the well blew up and our member is deceased. Please pray for his family.

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:23 pm

Good evening one and all. I made it through another day of work, came home, and fell asleep for 2 hours.

Tina sent a message while I was at work. They released Jaz to come home, but never did find a cause for her to be having the seizures. Tina said after they had started home, Jaz started throwing up again, so they were going to stop at her Dr's in Las Crusas on the way home.

Looks like everyone is busy as usual.

Now I need to go figure out what to fix for supper or send DH to get something.

Mary

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:45 pm

Cindy.. prayers for the family of your friend.......my goodness.. just when you think you got a good pity party started you realize someone has it worse.. I can't even imagine...

Jana.. happy anniversary..I've been alive as long as you've been married.. ok, ok, I have been alive longer than you've been married.. both statements are true...

I see that this morning I didn't finish my statemtent about the little girl... I was going to ask your opinion.... do you think it would be offensive for me to get some shampoo, smelly soap, nail polish, hair things.. etc together for her? she is 8... and wears Misses clothes.. she's tall for her age.. and wears a size 7 shoe.... I wasn't asking for donations but thank those who have PM'd me I want to get her a Bible... I am not sure she has one...

there are lots needing prayers.... Sharona, how is your son? Tina, how is your Granddaughter, any news? Suzette, how is Wyatt??? Dolores, how is your grandson? and Carole, any news on your grands? If I missed anyone it wasn't on purpose... prayers to you and yours..

it's late and time for my shower... you all have a marvelous night, I need to go de-stink.

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Hi and a very special "Thank You" to you all for you prayers and good thoughts! You are all so special! I didn't have anyway to post so I text Mary to let her know as best we could because cell phone were not allowed in the perdiatric ICU because it could mess up some of the machines, Thank You so much Mary :o) I truly believe that prayers are what made this a happy outcome. Here's what happen: Friday we picked up Jaz and she stayed all day and the night and she was her bouncy fun self, Sat morning same old stuff and playing and having fun, ate lunch, she played with her uncles match box cars in the floor of my sewing room while I was working on my Chriss-mas blocks and then about 1:45 I asked her if she'd like some jello for a snack before her nap so we ate jello. She laid down on the couch by 2 and fell right to sleep....nothing out of the normal so far.....after about 30 to 45 minutes she started coughing and I said "I thought you were asleep" (I was in my recliner about 10 feet away) she didn't say anything but kinda turned on her side and then she started gagging and I asked if she was throwing up and she said garbled words and I said what baby? no answer so I got up and went over she had gotten up on her hands and knees and was throwing up so I picked her up and walked her to the bathroom, she threw up quite a bit and I gave her some water to rinse her mounth and she was just standing wierd so I was talking to her and she didn't say anything so I got down on my knees and looked her in the face and her eyes were rolled up in her head and to the left and she wasn't responding to my voice so DH called 911 and she continued to get worse by the minute and we took her in the den stairway so she could get some air but we couldn't get anything out of her except she rolled her eyes from the left to the right where my face was. The EMT's arrived and carried her out to the stretcher and away we went to the ER and they had to bag her the whole way and they never got a response from her and the same in the ER and they said her breathing was so shallow that it was almost undetectable so they had to intibate her and they had to start eye drops in her eyes cause she wasn't blinking. They said they were medivacing her out by 4:30 and none of us could go so to leave then and go so we would be right behind the helicopter when it landed in case she came back. So we did and we got almost to El Paso and I called them to see where she was and they said she had never left so we called my sister in law and she went over there to sit with her just in case she came out of it she would see family, well my sister in law got there and DD's boyfriends mother was back with her and they wouldn't let my sister in law in. His mom ended up flying with her in a plane to ElPaso, which I am grateful for her doing so if Jazmyne would have waken up she would see someone she knew but like my sister in law said she would have flown with her too if they would have let her back there with her. Anyways she finially started coming out of it at 8pm that night so she was lost somewhere in her little body from 2:45pm to 8pm and I have never been so scared before in my whole life and it was the hardest thing to see her all hooked up to all the tubes and IV's, they even had to put an IV/pick line type thing through her groin and they had catherized her and she had that bag on. They taped her eyes shut to prevent them from drying out too bad even with the drop stuff. All tests came back showing nothing except the EEG did show from the brain waves that she had suffered a seisure. They released her just before noon today and she had a headache and we took her to eat something and right when we paid she started throwing up all over so we rushed her to the bathroom and got her all cleaned after then we went and sat down with her laying down and she slept the whole time. We were going to be passing through where her pediatrision is and she took her in and was shocked by all she had been through, she said she thinks the headache is from the spinal tab because it changes the pressure in the brain but she is very concerned that the seisure might have been caused by her tetnis shot that Jazmyne had gotten on the 5th and she was putting it in her chart. She is bouncing around but we are trying to keep her calm like her dr said for a couple days so she can get some much needed rest. If she has another one then they will say she is an epilileptic which the dr said means seisures without a reason. She has a 50% chance of having another one and if she does then she would become a 90% chance of re having one and they would put her on a 2 year regiment of meds to control them but I am praying that this was a 1 time only. For some reason around this age they are prone to having them and they usually outgrow them and sadly the dr's do not know why they have them, it has not been figured out. Thank you again for being there for my family. You all are truley angels!
Lois, I am so sorry for your loss and will send prayers for your family.
Take care
Tina

Return to “Sew ins”