Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday August 10,2011

Daily discussions.
FarmChick

Re: Wednesday August 10,2011

Post by FarmChick » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:53 am

I couldn’t get here earlier… because… wait for it… are you ready? Who-hoo!!! It’s RAINING!!! Not hard. Just an almost steady light rain. We’ve had about 0.3” today so far. And, it’s a whopping 68 degrees!!! It hasn’t been that cool since May!!! Can it get any better than this???

MaryZ—congratulations to your DD on her new job!!! Good salary and a job she likes—way to go!!! So glad your friends are getting acquainted!!! You know DH and I “found” each other 40 years after high school… I’m rooting for them!!! Hope to see a lantern block soon!

O’Dorothy—Dresden plates are addictive. I enjoy making them. I want to do a whole quilt one of these days when I get all my “have to do” list completed… (I should say “If” instead of “when”… I’ve had to add on to a quilt and did it kind of like a quilt-as-you-go project.

Jana—have fun with your friend! You deserve a break from all your fixing up and cleaning. You’re going to have the prettiest property on the real estate list!!!

Mariah—neat quilt!!! I can’t believe it’s so near to school starting again… Time sure flies…

Jules—hope you’re staying safe today!!! I heard on TV that the riots are spreading across the country. Prayers for you and your family!!!

Sharona—I think I’d really like to have an I-pad or clone. Does it come with its own internet plan? I heard they are going to replace laptops and smart phones in less than 5 years. Have fun with Sponge Bob!

CindyG—wish I could share some of our coolness with you! This is AMAZING!!! I keep seeing the Kindle ads on TV. My sister has both an I-pad and a Kindle… guess she got the Kindle first. I think it would be a neat gift. I love books as books, but I think it would be so neat to be able to download them instantly. My DDIL’s mom has a Kindle that she takes in their motorhome and likes that she doesn’t have to find book storage places. I know MaryZ likes her books and has space for them in her motorhome—lucky her!!!

Karlene—happy day to you! I like the idea of butterflies with personalities!!!

Chrissy—welcome home!!! Your quilt sounds beautiful! I don’t know what to tell you on your quilt… sorry! Did you find some wonderful things at Salmon Falls???

Chriss—Hi and bye!!!

Judi—give Joanne and Earl hugs from me, too! I’d love to see a picture of your pantry where you store all your dehydrated goodies!!! Lemons sound wonderful!!!

Joanne—hello!!! You give Judi a hug from me!!! Have a great show!!! Try to stay cool, too!!!

Kathy—thanks for the info on Black Swan. We watched The Pianist last night. That was a powerful movie. So sad to look at what was done to the Jews.

Vicky—So glad you are having such a good visit with your friend!!! Have a super day!!!

Lois—have a great day! You always breeze in here so early!

I couldn’t find any fireman fabric that my DGS liked, so I’m going to try to steer him to batiks today when I see him. I found an “S” (for his last name) block in a magazine, and I think it would look neat in batiks.

I keep looking outside in awe. The sky is so dark… I imagine the chickens have gone back to their roosts. We’re going out with friends for dinner this evening. Life is good. Have a delightful day, All!!!

Jules

Post by Jules » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:02 am

Hello......we made it into London and back home again safe and sound.......i think things are quieting down in London as they have brought so many more police officers that the 'hot-spots' are popping up elsewhere, plus there's nothing left to loot in London......one area where the worst of it was in London took their town back last night, over 100 male residents took to the streets and were not going to let the looters back and cause any trouble

The whole thing is ridiculous, you get these idiots on the tv saying they're demonstrating about all the cuts and taxes, and most of them don't even work and it's our taxes that pay for them to be on benefits......they make me so mad.....yes times are hard, but they are hard for everyone, the last government left the country with no money and billions in debt, so of course cuts have to be made, no one likes it but it has to be done.......anyway off my soap box now.....they are a bunch of cowardly thieves who don't merit anymore of my time......its times like this that i can honestly say i am ashamed of some of my fellow countrymen

Charley had to go into London for an assessment for her newly discovered dyslexia.....this was to work out what help (financially) she can get as she is a student who's not earning any money......there are some amazing software programs out there to help her so they've done an assessment, worked out what she needs and will send her a list with the funds to pay for it and they are paying her uni to give her 30 one-to-one sessions with someone at uni to help her with any difficulties she encounters and also to help her find her way of coping - as she was diagnosed so late, she has come up with her own coping strategies for getting the work done, but they're not necessarily the best way, so they'll give her support with all that.....which i'm very pleased about, it'll hopefully take a lot of pressure off her

Tomorrow I'm off to the quilt show for 2 days, I'm really looking forward to it, dh has been very sweet and has given me an envelope with 'fabric funds' in it :) but i'm not feeling too well, so I'm going to pack my bag, dose myself up with drugs and have an early night, hopefully to wake nice and early and raring to go.........will take lots of piccies for you and will miss you, hopefully I might be able to log on tomorrow evening, but if my feet are too tired I might just soak in the bath all evening LOL

Thanks for your kind thoughts and words, sorry I've not been around, i do miss you when i'm not here, but i've been feeling 'blurgh' all week, wasn't sure if it was my depression but am now thinking i might be coming down with something........love and prayers to you all as always, be back as soon as i can

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:02 am

Judi--I found your canning/dehydrating photos! AWESOME!!! Thanks for sharing photos and ideas!!!

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:27 am

This is a very good day!!! My darling firefighter DGS has been combing the internet and found some fabrics! He's going to order them, and I'll figure out a pattern and make him a quilt. What a guy!!!

We're still having showers off and on. (It's "off" now.) I'm working on my winter vacation swap blocks.

Jules--so very good to hear from you!!! It is crazy! The only people who have time to riot are the ones not working--same here! They get all riled up about taxes... give me a break!!! Most of them don't pay taxes and are receiving government money. I don't have anything good to say about the looters--when the tornado went through Joplin, there were people who said the looters swarmed in before help could arrive. They just kicked aside injured and dead people to grab the expensive electronics and other items. It's a sad thing. I saw the looters in London on TV carrying out electronics and high-end items. Grrrrr!!!! I'm glad to hear there were brave souls who stood up to them to take back their neighborhoods!!!

So glad Chaz got help with her dyslexia! When I worked at the university, there were students who were never diagnosed or helped until they entered college. I feel for her, but I know she will be amazed when things start "coming together" for her with treatment!

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:22 pm

womster

Post by womster » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:56 pm

Jules - SO thankful y'all made it back in one piece! How wonderful that Chaz will be getting help with her dyslexia. I sure hope tonight is quiet in London and that you're not coming down with something.

As for the Ipad, we only have a prepaid cellphone, so the Ipad is the portable interet connect. I'm quite sure that at some point in time they will drop landlines and we'll have to go to a 'real' cellphone. My DH refuses to pay twice for what he views as the same service...

Miriam - it does have a monthly data plan - we pay $20 a month for some number of bytes - I can't remember how much. It warns you if you're getting close to your monthly max (we never have). I'm THRILLED you've been getting rain today!

I did manage to get SpongeBob done, washed and even dried before DGS went home. No nap for me today - at least I'm not as tired as I was Monday!

Maryz - congrats to your DD! It's great that she's the only one there. I read your lamb story in the Barn book - even showed it to my DH. Very sweet!

Ok - off to clean the kitchen and then to bed. Sweet dreams!

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:33 pm

Good Evening Everyone!
I did find the binding I lost on Sunday. It was handily stashed in the sewing machine tote! (I think it fell in there, I certainly did not put it in there!)

I have been emptying my sewing room so I can rip up the carpet. There is a wood floor in the room. I will not know the condition of the floor until I remove the carpet. So far I have packed up all the books and quilting supplies. I spent most of today sorting through the papers in the computer desk. I also have been sewing the binding to the back of the quilt. Maybe by the weekend both the binding and the room will have progress! lol

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening!!
Carol

Return to “Sew ins”