Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday, August 8 th

Daily discussions.
cindyg

Re: Monday, August 8 th

Post by cindyg » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:18 am

Sorry Joanne - I was typing on you. You sound excited about the show. Try to stay cool.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:58 am

Happy New Week! And a great week it will be! We have a blank calendar clear up until Saturday! No comittments or appointments of any kind. I feel free!

SUZETTE - congratulations!! Down to the last binding! The fun part! Will you plan a little presentation ceremony? Do they live very close to you?

TERESA - Are you flying? With your ear? well, that was a silly question. Of course, if you are flying, you're probably taking your ear with you. I guess what I mean is - did you tell your doctor of your travel plans? Flying and bad ears sometimes don't mix.

JANA - what a great son you have to help you! But I think with most boys, (from 1 to 100), if you have machinery to be run, they are there for you!! lol!

LOIS - no cooking and a concert! Aren't you just a princess for a day! Enjoy!!

VICKY - I thought your MIL was in the hospital? You can take her out for an eye appt? I remember taking my dad - and later my aunt & uncle - for all their dr appts. Sometimes several in a week. It's a big job. Especially if wheelchairs and transfers are involved. I do hope you are able to find an hour a day for Vicky! To recharge your own batteries.

KATHY - I am fortunate to be old enough that when my babies were brand new, it was OK to leave them with friends or family. Licensed Day Care was something new and just getting started. I would have hated leaving them with strangers.

JUDI - When you are done dehydrating, you should take a picture of all your efforts! Nice that dried takes up so much less space to store than canned. You almost make me want to get a dehydrator! Good luck at W.w. tonite!

CHRISS - I hope the hearing goes the way it should today. It's so great that Marilyn has you and Jerry in her life. Otherwise ??? So what are you and Marilyn going to do while Grandpa goes to court? Maybe she wants to learn how to dehydrate food!

JO - glad you'll be cooling off some! I was hating to think of you at the show, sweltering. Will you be in period costume again this year? That would be so fun!

CINDY - you're back! Sounds like you had a good time, given that it was 100* and very little water! Did you catch any fish? Would the fish go deeper to get away from the warmer surface? And laundry! Why is it, there's always so much more laundry from a weekend away than from a weekend at home?

I wonder how MARY Q is doing on her trip? B.C. is a BIG province! and it is a black hole for cell phone coverage. But I bet she's having a wonderful experience!

I'm still on my yardwork marathon. Still only in the front yard, but hope to finish that today. The side and back yards aren't nearly as hard to work on, so I'm hoping by Friday, all will be looking spiffy out there! And yes, I DO have a massage appt scheduled for when I get all done. And I'm counting the days until that appt!

No sewing for now, but come next week - if you see any smoke from the Northwest, it will be my sewing machine!

Hope your day has some sew fine moments!

mary z

karpet

Post by karpet » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:02 am

Good Monday everyone,
The air was thick here all weekend - had some good rain showers and then the sun would come out again and it just had the sauna affect. Reminded me of Tallahassee!

The church email was either hacked or an email went out as if from the church so I had to change the password this morning. That was fun since the account was set up several years before I started working here and the pastor who signed all the paperwork is on vacation this week! But I got it changed so hopefully that solves the problem.

I got the green quilt quilted and the binding sewed on the front so just need to sew the back by hand and get my pins out so I can pin the purple quilt together! I really need more pins!

Joanne & Judi - hope you have a wonderful time this week!

Cindy - Isn't it sad to see lakes go way down? Hope the rain comes soon!

Take care,
Karlene

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:09 am

mary- my MIL came home a week ago today.
Now to just keep her home!

Vicky

kho

Post by kho » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:54 am

Good Morning,
I am taking a day off and Wed. I have the grands. It has been a long and somewhat challenging month. We have a bull angus calf and a red roan Heifer longhorn and 3 more to go. The longhorn disappeared on us for 2 days-I was sick and the cow kept calling it and it was a miserable time. Around 8;30 in the evening ds2 saw it and sent me a pic. My old horse is dropping weight and may have to be put down. .. Mom is looking rough and keeps saying she can go home.She can't stand and walk and moving the bed causes breathing difficulties. We are not sure who told her she can go home.None of the nurses know anything about it and we have yet to see the dr. We are trying to figure that out..New calf to report..don't know if it's a bull or heifer..but it is brindle..

The fair is over so DS3 will be home again. It will be nice to see him. Yesterday was his birthday and we put it on hold till things settle down.

This conversation was told to me by the fair board member who is in charge of the parking. Please make sure to note the "in charge" of parking.

You can't come in this way. This is the exit and you have to use the entrance.

Gals in car-Have you driven on that road?

Yes, every day this week.

Gals in car-What's your name?

Jon

Gals in car-I don't like your attitude. I'm going to report you to so and so who is on the fairboard.

Go right ahead. You still can't come in this way.

We are still waiting for the rest of the story. LOL
There were also some young preteen( 9 years old or so) kids in a spot that wasn't safe and were told to move by the President of the fairboard and they told him to-sounds like truck off. He went and got the county sheriff-the sheriff-not the deputy- and they told him the same thing only added the word pig to it. He blew and swore back and told them he didn't need their lip. Too bad he couldn't have taken them into custody for disturbing the peace for the folks trying to enjoy the show. I wonder what kind of parents they have..

Off to check out the new calf and then a lot of uglies await. Hugs to all and thanks for the continued prayers. Sandy

DGD enjoyed the fair. I asked her is she was scared on one of the rides. She told me "No, I wasn't scared. But my tummy was scared." LOL She also looked at me and pointed her finger at me and said "Remember, don't tell Uncle Jon no." She must have gotten that from the conversation she heard about.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:21 am

Now it is good morning!

Cindyg - you asked when we move - well it is starting in bits and pieces - we have to attend a pre-construction meeting in September - so when we go back for that - we are driving a U-haul truck with a load of stuff I have already gathered up - mostly my Christmas and the railroad. We can rent a storage unit near the new house and DS2's for a very reasonable price. We - I am - hoping that construction starts near the end of September. That is about the same time that DD's - Sarah's house construction starts too. It is a busy time in this family!

DS3 is here and just about has the dump load ready to go - I guess that is first on the list - then he gets the little tractor to play with today.

Must go and fix something for DH to eat -

Hugs
Jana

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:38 am

Good morning from slightly overcast, warm, SW. Pa.....It's a weird weather day...Just when you think it might rain, the sun comes out.....

Our house is so darn quiet, I hate it! Our week with DS and DGS was perfect but much too short....Today, both Jim and I are going to try to get back into the routine, whatever that might be....We're retired, we don't have a routine! And like Mary z, nothing on the calendar all week, which is great! I am doing a little laundry and then I'm going to get back into MY sewing/no longer bed, room......

Chriss, You're so right about the system...What could be easily fixed, takes forever....Hoping and praying things work our with the hearing and also with enrolling in the school.....Marilyn is one lucky little girl....

Teresa, Hoping you get some good news on your ear problem...And I'm also wondering about you flying...Last year, I had an ear infection and it was about 2 weeks before I was flying...The doctor said there was no way I could go if it wasn't healed so she prescribed heavy doses of steroids and it cleared it up fast.....I love your idea about taking the 2 big suitcases.....

Joanne, I was wondering what you were up too....What an exciting time and then to meet up with quilting friends, life it good!

Vicky, you are special but you really do need to take time for yourself.....Your in-laws are very blessed to have you.....

The washer just called me, so best get moving and get that taken care of.....

You all have a great day.............

mellomayking

Post by mellomayking » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:47 am

Good late morning from an overcast Great PNW. Back at the old grindstone for me! Wish the weekends were longer.....

Barnabas Cutie decided to get sick on us! He was fine Thursday night and Friday morning. When I got home Friday evening, he was in my bed...didn't even get up to greet me which is unusual. I noticed his food bowl had not been touched (he did eat his breakfast, so this was lunch). He was able to get up and move around, he just did not want to. No appetite all evening and NO activity. I had my quilting BOM class on Saturday, so DH got up early on Saturday morning and took him up to the Vet Hospital in Yelm. The gave him a good exam and did some bloodwork. He was running a temp, but the rest of the physical exam had no findings....blood work showed elevated white count. Dr. gave IV fluids and antibiotics and sent them home with antibiotics for a week. Couldn't definitively state what he might be ailing him, but said if no improvement we might have no alternative......
Well, he is like a new kitty now. Eating us out of house and home and acting like a toddler again. If it hadn't been the weekend, we probably would have waited another day, but I didn't want to risk it with him being so young. Hopefully, whatever it was won't reappear!

Why is it with kids and pets....when they get sick, it's ALWAYS on the weekend! Oh well, I probably would have just blown that $240 on quilting crap.....sigh :( Like I told my friend....if you are going to have pets, you have to take care of them.

Once again, no sewing for me. We did have a wonderful Sunday...church was great! Afterwards, we went to Lacy for Lunch and a little shopping. Came home for a little snooze and a leisurely evening. DGS declared that we needed a picnic, so after his bath, I made him a grilled cheese sandwich that he ate on the front porch. That seemed to satisfy the "picnic" thing and he was content for bedtime story and then bed! Oh, to be five and carefree again!

Well Ladies, time to get busy here at work. I'll check back later.

Stay cool.........Mel

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:53 am

Good afternoon Pals :o) just a quick pass through to let you know I'm taking either all day off from sewing or at least till this evening. I went to DD's this morning and the jerk was there and he made a snide remark and then went and hid in the bathroom so I figured I'd take my sweet time and was there for over an hour playing and giggling with DGD and then I took her shopping with me and home so I will be spending my day with her. We had lunch and then colored pictures in her coloring books :o) she's such a hoot, she always picks her page and I pick mine but then she wants to "help" me with my page LOL I don't let her though cause I don't want her to think she can do it in school but it is just soooooo funny! I hope you all have a fab day! We are gonna set DGD in Papa's recliner with a sheet over her so she can yell SURPRISE! to Papa LOL she is so excited about it too LOL!
Tina

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:25 am

Maryz - I didn't fish. Don, Big Randy and Clayton went out fishing after we went on our cruise. You know the saying: if you can't stand the heat, get off the boat! LOL Our poor lake is looking awful. It's only at 57% capacity. There's beach way on out there where the water use to be. There is a stump out there that everyone has hit at least once and now it is exposed. I'm going to call the Corps of Engineers and see if they can pull up that stump now that they can clearly see it. Snakes lived in it when it was under water but I didn't see any snakes this weekend so now would be a good time. I bet your yard is lookin' good but you sure are making me tired!

Karlene - I'm sorry your church computer got hacked. I'd like to know what the thrill is in doing that? Jerks! It's good you were able to get it taken care of.

kho - I think the sherrif should have cuffed those boys and taken them in and give them a scare and then a good talking to...not that it would do any good. Mom may mean a different home than home here.

Jana - it shouldn't be long then. It took them 4 months to slap our house together. We moved into the new house on Dec. 26th and sold the old house on New Year's Day - WHEW.

Irish - sorry about your silence. Sometimes I think that whoever made up the phrase "silence is golden" must not be alone much.

Mel - (big breath intake!) ACK bite your tongue. "Quilting crap"???? You are talking about our precious quilty things. Everything else is crap but not our quilty things. LOL LOL

Tina - what fun you are having. Can't wait to see if Papa is surprised.

Back to work. I'm stuck on my bank statement - can't find the error anywhere and it's driving me CRAZYer!!

Return to “Sew ins”