Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Daily discussions.
KATHYSQUILTS

Re: Sunday, July 31, 2011

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:33 am

Morning to all!!

It looks like an other perfect weather day after all the humidity. I think I'm finally through vac'ing up all the Terry bits. Just when I think I got it all more appears...LOL DD1 will be here for lunch/movie and any free time will be spent putting boarders on a top from the 80's. Remember peach & green?!

Teresa...thank you for the uplifting words and so worth remembering.

Suzette....the quilt is wonderful. What a great find. Where are you going to use it??

Jacquie....Phoebe is a living doll. Give here a little squeeze for me.

Lois...good job on the basement!!! I need to bring up 2 trash bags of stuff to toss today. Enjoy your TV!!

Sharona...WOW!! Your hot!! I don't think I've ever done 15 days of 90+.

MaryD....have a great sewing day.

Grammie...I agree about purple & DGD's. I don't ever remember "liking"
it as a little girl....LOL

Jules....enjoy all you sewing time.

maryq...I'll be praying for you on your trip. Your off on quite an adventure. Say hello to out friends in Canada. Keep up posted.

BBL.....Kathy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:58 am

good morning all.. it's going to be a great day today..

Suzette, glad you had a breeze for your tractor show.. and I loved your quilt.. what a great find.

Jacquie.. I just think miss Phoebe is so adorable.. she has the best cheeks ever... please smooch on them for me...

Lois.. part of the basement is better than no basement.. will it be a family room or sleeping area when you are done?

Sharona, happy batman cape shopping... hope you find other things you must have while getting the cape...

MaryRose.. hope you win the battle of the dust bunny... they wouldn't be so bad to have around if they were just productive... but they just lay around all day...

Judi, you are a busy gal.. how far is the campground.? have fun with the kids.

Jules, I have been working on my C-mas blocks too.. I am getting better at the hand applique and kind of like it... but am not very far along either.... we will get there... glad Chaz is having fun.

Maryq.. sounds like you had a great time at the reunion... has anyone made up your family tree?.. have a very safe trip... I hope you get to check in along the way but I don't speak Canadian so I will need someone to interpert your post... I can't wait for you to tell us all about it.

Kathy.. peach and green... I am guessing it's UFO..... enjoy your movie and lunch.... I did like purple, but then so did Donny Osmond... and if it was good enough for Donny it was perfect for me...lol

Teresa... I have only had one yard sale.. and didn't make enough $$ to justify sitting out in the sun for two days... now we just donate stuff to the SPCA for a tax write off...you should have seen how much we have already pulled out of this house, and there is more to go...and we haven't even moved onto the garage yet...

I need to get dressed for church.. they don't care what I wear but I think slippers and a night gown is pushing it a bit...and sleeping beauty needs a bath before she can go so I should think about getting her up...
hope you all have a super day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:31 am

Good Sunday morning! Another day over 100. I can’t remember when the temperature was “only” in the 90s! The heat indices are for over 110. The rain I was so excited about yesterday didn’t cover the bottom of the rain gauge here, although on the way to town about 10 miles east, I drove in a nice shower on the highway. As soon as I turned on the off ramp for town, the rain stopped, so I guess only the highway pavement got any wash-off.

SIL called her husband, and he came and towed her car home, so she didn’t stay for the weekend, or for dinner.

Teresa, good morning! Your poem was a good reminder to us. I think Mom grew up in the church that didn’t allow pants (back then) and she never got used to them later in life. She was a cook at a state institution for mentally challenged children, and she always looked so sharp in her starched, white uniforms. She has the slender genes and is tall and straight—still looks as good at 92 as she did in her 20s! (Unfortunately, I didn’t get those slim genes!!!) I don’t think you can look at my mom and tell what I’ll look like in later years… The time is here, and I don’t.

Kathy—Have fun with your DD! What will your movie be today? I liked purple when I was about 12—I picked white wallpaper with little bunches of violets for my room.

MaryQ—Sounds like a good time was had by all yesterday!!! That was so sweet that your uncle could relive his childhood memories at the old home place! Have a wonderful vacation. Prayers for safe traveling with no problems!!! Num-num to the fresh pico!!!

Jules—good morning! Your quilt is lovely!!! A pineapple block that at first glance looks like maybe early 80s??? Great find!!!

Judi—Liam sounds like a sweetie! I have jump seats in the king cab of my little red truck, and the DGS and DGD always want to ride with me. They are big enough now to sit in front (one at a time). The two youngest DGDs are into PURPLE and peace signs. Talk about “retro”!!!

MaryD—hope you’re not too hard on those poor little ole dust bunnies!!! I know why they are called bunnies—mine thrive and multiply like rabbits! Have a delightful day!

Sharona—I like the drive-by gifting concept—that’s funny! Pool parties don’t even sound like fun here… the water is as hot or more than bathwater. Instead of a pool heater, a pool cooler is needed. Have fun!

Lois—have a super day!!! Beware of lurking dust bunnies…

Jacquie—Little Phoebe has really grown!!! She’s such a beautiful baby; I can see why you want to monopolize her time! Hope your DH has a good deployment; he’ll be home in time for Christmas! Errol can keep you company! Maybe he needs doggie diapers. Getting them/you trained… oh, the misery!

Suzette—good morning! Glad you enjoyed the tractor show, despite the heat! Your quilt really is a good find!!! I think you could appliqué patches over the pieces to repair it if you were so inclined. Bet we could come up with “period” fabrics for you, too!!!

Oh, Chriss—you are so funny!!! My DD loved Donny and Jimmy Osmond!!! I worked for an amplifier company, and the Osmonds used our equipment. I got front seats and backstage passes to two concerts. My DD was in HEAVEN! All of “the boys” were really sweet—they chatted her up and visited with her—made us both feel right at home with them. She and Jimmy are about the same age. Besides the Osmonds, she liked Shaun Cassidy…

I’m going to have a cup of coffee and watch my PBS quilt shows. This week I hope to have more than a blue screen of death with “we are aware of the problem, do not call your provider” for an hour and a half of taped viewing pleasure. Have a beautiful day!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:17 am

Good Morning!

After two late nights in a row, I slept hard and woke up almost 2 hours later than usual! Hope I didn't miss anything!

SHARONA - hope you find the perfect Batman cape fabric! And the pool party! Hope it cools off for you. My sis is the campground manager at the fairgrnds in Longmont and the County Fair is going on. she will be working 12 hour days without a break through the fair. She will be cookin'!

TERESA - hope your DD gets her curtains up today! I hate those late-night calls, too. We got one at midnight once from DD#2's hubby in L.A. I immedidately went into panic mode. Turns out his computer crashed, and not realizing the time, called my DH for help.

SUZETTE - glad you enjoyed the tractor show yesterday and I LOVED the quilt you found! Don't be too hard on the uglies today. They won't go anywhere if you allow yourself to get distracted. That's the nice thing about uglies. They are patient and will always wait for you.

JACQUIE - Some great photos of Sweet Phoebe! And her gramma! (BTW, thank you for including yourself in photos you post. It's always fun to put a face to the name!) If her tummy discomfort is too bad, there are baby meds to help ease that. Sorry your hubby had to go back to sea, but that's what you get when you marry a hero. Bless you both.

LOIS - glad you got part of the basement done. Gladder still that you didn't push it in the heat. Hope you get to enjoy your new TV today!

MARY D - Ah - those dust bunnies. I started on them yesterday but had to let some of them go as we had to leave at noon. So I will be chasing the escapees today.

JUDI - Doesn't everyone love purple?? I can't wait to see your 'thang'! Jalapenos! Yum!

JULES - I love working on Christmas things in the summer. It cools me off! But I like Christmas anything - any time!

MARYQ - sounds like you had a great time at the family reunion! Fun to explore old homes that played a part in your personal history. The house my grandfather built in 1910 is only a mile away. My dad was born there in 1912. But I've never seen it. Never been brave enough to drive up the driveway past the sign that says "KEEP OUT!" You must be excited!! Tomorrow you'll be in "Canadia"!! I love it up there. Very friendly, we've always found.

CHRISS - how was swimming? Is Marilyn taking official lessons, or just having a blast in the pool? Did you watch a lot of incredible tricks??

CHICKIE - You mom sounds wonderful - even if she is skinny!! My mom was 4'-10" and 180# and thank goodness she married a tall, slim man (my Daddy) to temper THOSE genes! lol! I made it to 5'0" and 'only' 150#! lol! Sorry only the highway got washed. Bet it smelled good, though!

Yesterday's retiree picnic was OK, but none of our favorite people showed up. So it was no hardship to have to leave early to go to our next 'gig'. Dinner with our friends was shish-ka-bobs grilled and served outside. He is being sent to Fairbanks, AK for a week for military work and will be staying on the base that is located near my brother's home. His wife, who's never been to AK, won't go because she won't go out on her own, nor will she sit in the room all day. So they asked me to go along. Then she'll have someone to 'play with' all day. It's tempting, but have you ever had a friend that you really enjoy seeing - maybe once every 4 months, but if you spend more than 5 hours with them you are climbing the walls and hunting for weapons? This is that kind of friend. I'm not sure seeing my brother is worth it! So, I'm thinking. . . . Airline tix are usually about $750 to AK.

Today - more uglies, more laundry, and maybe weeds. I have no work in progress, so no sewing to distract me. Though another quilt is germinating in my brain . . I can feel it starting to bubble up.

Happy Sunday!
MARY Z

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:42 am

Good morning (barely!) from hot and humid SW Ohio...Sharona, we are also on the 15th day of 90 or above! UGH. And the next week doesn't look very promising for lower temps and humidity, either. But I am grateful that we don't have Miriam's weather...double ugh.

That baby is adorable! And Jules, all three of my babies weighed in at 8 lb. 10 and more! The last was 10 lb. 13 oz.....I was truley afraid to have any more! lol!!! So the little ones fasinate me...they look soooo tiny!

Yesterday we spent the entire day at Earl's daughters house, watching the kids put up their new pool. All three of my kids and their spouses and two grands were there to help. One of Earl's boys, too. I didn't do anything...my hands have no strength and the sun would do me in. They have a huge gazebo type covered patio and that where I stayed! Lunch was great...chicken and tuna (yummmm)salad, chips and potato salad. Brownies with peanut butter frosting (which I didn't eat, but looked really good!). It was just nice to be around the kids all day! Earl helped out...the sun and heat doesn't really bother him. Amazing.

Well, today is lay around day...I have a load in the washer and I just folded a load from the dryer. Hope everyone has a great day!!

Joanne

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:07 am

Hi Everyone

I just thought that I would check in and to tell everyone my stress test isn't untill nextweek and yes I hope I pass.

I finished all the wash stripped my bed line dryed the sheets and blanket and have them ready to go back on the bed after I run the vaccumn and run the feather duster on the furniture but I just think I needed a break.

Sharon have fun at Joanns.

Jules you simply pait the picture of a wonderfull day at the UK have fun.

Mary Q glad you had a great time at the family reunion have a wonderfull vacation look foward to the pictures.

Chris yes it was great to get part of the basement but it's still only the basement.

Mariam stay cool I hope you get a little rain soon.

Mary Z watch out for the dust bunnies.

Lois BBL.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:22 am

Jacquie she is so precious.

Maryz I have a 2 hour maximum with one of my DIL. Anything longer and it starts to get on my nerves. So I know what you mean.

Chriss I'm sure jammies and slippers are okay. They don't care what you wear as long as you show up. lol

I'm going to finish up some curtains for the bedroom today. I pulled them out of a drawer they've been hidning in for 9 months. Okay, not hiding, but I've been avoiding. I get these great ideas and when I start them they turn out to be not so great. Next time I'll actually buy a pattern. Maybe. lol
Lori 8-)

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:58 am

Well the camper is emptied and vsccumed but the carpet will need a shampoo before we go on vacation in Spt. I have the peppers done and this dehydrating food is adicting. I went to see of there were any more tomatoes to do. None. We are having BLTs for supper tonight. I have red yellow and orange tomatoes. The farmers market is having a run on carrots so I will go up there tomorrow and get some to dehydrate. Sewing maybe later right now I need to get at the front garden again. The trees are going in this week and I need to move a couple of small scrubs. DH is resistant but it has to be done.....BBL

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:59 am

Good morning - for at least 5 minutes more here!

I am ready for Church - we leave in just a few short minutes - I have everything ready to teach my Sunday School lesson today - I did it final prep for it last night -

I think I have solved the problem with my Chriss-mas blocks - I will try some this afternoon - DH invited his Dad over for dinner - so I have most of it done already - just will need to put it in the oven - a chicken and rice cassarole and bread pudding for dessert. The time I am waiting for them to come over -I can sew!!

DH got in a mood to clean this morning - so he swept and vacuumed and I mopped all the floors - looks alot better! He is good about helping me.

So I have read everyone's post this morning - but got to run before I could respond - but that baby is adorable!!!

Have a wonderful day
Hugs
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”