Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

TGIF - July 29th, 2011

Daily discussions.
TeresaK

TGIF - July 29th, 2011

Post by TeresaK » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:29 pm

Good morning Pals
It is 1:53am and I am the first? WOW everyone is sleeping in!!!
Well it was a busy computer day yesterday. Almost done with the newsletter. Just needs a bit more tweeking and then I can email it to everyone. YEA!!! It is a long process especially when I have to go hunt and peck for the info I need but most of it was there so it was a lot of cut and paste.

I finished the binding on DGS fruit /Veggie quilt so that is ready to go. I have started the Charm Pack Tote to use up the rest of the squares. I had to cut them at 4.5" but that is just fine. My BFF had the Pellon Fusible Fleece it called for but I wasn't paying attention and didn't cut enough so I will go knocking on her door later today. I am out of my comfort zone in making totes so this should be interesting.

Miriam - I am ecstatic that your Mom loves all the quilts! What an awesome present to give her the 30's for her birthday. That is such a beautiful quilt! Sorry I can't send you any rain. That is something that is non-existant in the dessert.

Cindyg - If your custard tastes like Ice cream then I have been severely deprived all my life. The custard my Mom TRIED to make me eat was disgusting. That and junket. Gag me ... YUK!!!

** July Lotto pals I am waiting to hear from Marcia and then I will pick the winners hopefully on Sunday.

** Early sign-ups end on Sunday for the August lotto which we are making El's Tossed 9-patch. Hope to see more of you this month. Very easy block. Lots of fun - just take a look at Jacquie's blocks!!!

I do need to go back and read more of what I have dearly missed. IT is so amazing that you miss so much if you don't stay on top of it daily ... hourly ... minutely ... secondly!!!
So I will say have a blessed beginning of the weekend!!!! and i will BBL.

fabricgirl

Re: TGIF - July 29th, 2011

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:51 pm

Good Morning Teresa and all who follow,

Im off today but I have a DR's appt and after wards I will have a small visit with my DD and DGS DGD is still at camp.

I got an email yesterday that my quilts are makeing their Journey homeI should get them next thursday.

I never made it to Wally world yesterday so when my DH gets home thats where we will be going.

I hope you all have a wonderfull day .
Teresa Glad you got your Newsletter done.

Lois BBL.

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:58 pm

Good morning Lois, Teresa and those that follow.
Last night I started quilting the last quilt for my niece. I was using my extension table that came with my machine and the fabric would not slide as I sewed. The backing is a white design on white. The design is painted on and I guess the paint kept the material from sliding. I'll never do that again. Tomorrow is the tractor show. Hubby and I go every year. They have a great flea market. Can't wait. Have a great day everyone!

Suzette
Suzette

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:03 am

Good morning everyone. It is time for coffee, and getting ready for work.

Chickie, yes yesterday was brutal, but I made it through. Your description of the ice cream really brought back some memories. I love homemade ice cream, yummy. I have't been to State Fair or County Fair since I was a teenager. It was always so fun. I miss going, and need to try and get to one again one of these days. Congrats to your niece's Grand Champ[onship win.

Teresa, I must have missed something. What kind of newsletter are you working on?

Lois, hope every thing turns out well at your Dr's appt. Enjoy your visit with DD.

Suz, OUCH...hope the dragging didn't cause you to have to go frogging.

Well, time is slipping away. I need to finish getting ready for work. I'll try to get back after work. Everyone have a good day.

MaryD

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:57 am

I am back - DH just came in (3:45am) and asked why i was still up. I guess bananas and blueberries have to much sugar in the for I AM STILL AWAKE - ARGH!!!

Well at least I was productive - The Pals Map has been updated. You might see some duplicates as some states are in a couple of pictures.

MaryD - I do the Church's monthly newsletter. It is fun and gives me something to do - LOL - my DH is a huge help on the computer end if I run into trouble. I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't have his help.

Lois - it is like Christmas waiting in anticipation for your quilts to come home. Have fun at Wally World. I got some great WOW when I visited CindyB. Made my suitcase to heavy - had to take it out and carry it. LOL

Suzette - I feel for you with the fabric that doesn't move well. There are some that the iron doesn't like as well.

Well I am going to try to get some sleep before my postman comes with a very important package. WooHoo!!! Another quilt to quilt! Can't wait to see it.
Have a great day and I will BB much later. :)

toekeyotow

Post by toekeyotow » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:11 am

Good Morning Ladies

I have been AWOL for about 6 weeks. While my DGD was here she kept me busy, or I did my best to keep her busy. Well I know she was going to live with us and go to school here, or so we thought. Looks as if her Mother was playing us all along. The mom just wanted someone to take care of her for the summer, as we were getting ready to enroll her in school, her mom said I need to get her legal informatin and cards back from you guys. Why I asked well she said she is getting housing and needs to show proof of having her daughter. But wait aren't we enrolling her in school here I asked, oh no I need her back here in order to get some housing. Well long story short, I knew I couldn't win against the courts and didn't want to spend that much money in trying, only to be told the parents have more rights than grandparents. She is back with her mom now and I have no idea when we will see each other again. she was only 14 months old the last time I saw her, and she is 15.5 yrs now.

I'm jut going to get back into my regular routine, it was a big change having a teenager in the house after all these years, and I have to say it did wear me out in only 6 weeks. I guess we will just keep with visiting the ones we do visit and go on from there.

Have a great day and thanks for letting me vent. Joan

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:51 am

Good Morning, Another night of thunder and lightening and rain. It is soaked out there, Hope it stops as we need to take the camper and the boys to the campground this afternoon. the garden is producing well and I will get the dehydrator out today and dry some celery that was on sale, I got it for 50c at thefarmers market. Orgnic too. I also need to vaccum seal some more flour. But I will sew. I am half way through the purple thang, That is what I am calling the purple quilt for my DGD. A log cabin variation. Hope you all have a great day XXXOOO No change in Mom. She has stopped eating and drinking now and although awake won't talk. So maybe she is deep in conversation with God right now. We hope so. BBL

MissSongbird

Post by MissSongbird » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:09 am

I just got back from a couple days of vacation. I went to 2 different aviation (type) museums. First we went to the Yankee Air Museum in Ypsilanti, Michigan. It was a little hanger and unfortunately we went right after an air show, so not all the planes were put back yet. But I did have a good time talking with the volunteers, a couple of whom are WWII veterans.

Then the next day we went to Air Zoo in Kalamazoo, Michigan. I suggest if you have never been there to try to in your life time. It is honestly one of my favorite places in the entire world. This was my 4th year in a row going. It is a air museum that has good attractions in it and features a great amount of WWII planes. I wish I could have stayed there all week.

What really sucks though is when we got home our air conditioning broke and of course it is super hot. It has been too hot to do anything. I just want to lay around and do nothing.

- Mariah

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:15 am

My plans are changing all over the place this morning....

I'm going to iron some HST's and the heck with the rest of the world. Yes, this is a bad attitude and I'll get my nose straightened out in a bit. a slow grrrrrr.

Vicky

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:02 am

Good Morning Girls

I'M ON VACATION!!! But do you think I could sleep in?? NO awake at 7:00 as usual. That's Okay... lots to do this morning!

Got most of the clothes ready for the Alaska trip last nite. Jen helped me frost my hair last night so I am back to blonde! Works great for covering the grey! This morning I'll be loading up the car for the family reuntion. Need to stop and get oil changed on my car, stop at the bank and pick up some cash, stop on the way and see my 90 year Auntie. On the way I'm also going to stop and meet the nurses I work with at the Assisted Living center I take care of at work. I am the pharmacy technician that fills meds and makes sure that my resident have what they need. I've worked with these nurse for months and never met them so I am excited to see who I talk to all the time. In my book these nurse that work with Seniors and dementia patients are very special people!

Jen worked on planning our route across Cananda last nite. According to Mapquest.. driving 8 hours a day could take us 7 days!! So we're going to have to push it and drive longer a few days to get to Alaska in 5. Jen has a job interview on Monday the 8th and we sure can't miss that. I think they have the truck pretty much loaded, but we sure need to do a "walk about" around my house so she doesn't forget anything! Michael's Dad is flying up from Florida Saturday nite to help Michael drive the truck.

Mariah....Oh how my Dad would have loved those museums! He was a Pilot in WWII... In his autobiography that I just finished putting together for my family--he has pages and pages of all the planes he flew. He was also a flight instructor and the Naval Air station in Corpus Christi, TX. I have a couple great pictures of him in his flight gear!

Grammie... I am sure God in enjoying the conversations with your Mom.. and I gotta believe that He is giving her much comfort. Prayers for you and your family.

Joan.... so sad that DGD's mother is using her! I'm sure it will be an uphill battle to get custody and expensive! Now that DGD is close to 16 maybe she will ask Mom if she can come back and visit you more often!

Teresa... that newsletter sounds like quite a project! Do you do one every week???

Oh dear I best get in gear here, lots to do this morning. I need to call Auntie and let her know I'm coming--she hates surprises! Maybe if I make enough noise the kids will wake up and come up and help me load my car ! LOL

Have a great day all and a great weekend... I won't be home until tomorrow night, but will catch up with every one then!

Maryq

Return to “Sew ins”