Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday July 25th

Daily discussions.
rosebud3

Re: Monday July 25th

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:48 am

Prayers for you and your family Judi.

LoL, it was just wishful thinking sking DH to do the dishes. He found something else he needed to do instead. Oh well, they'll get done. I am getting some sewing done in between tasks.

Carole, maybe you could sell some of the trout to Denny's and charge them double. Then "forget" to take it to them (give them to a neighbor). Happy stitching.

Break time is over. Dryer just called me, then back to sewing.

BBL

MaryD

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:04 am

Judi - prayers to your family at this time - travel safely.

I still have my list to do - got Mt Washmore started and have been keeping it fed! At least now I can put away the suitcases - for now that is!

My machine is not packed away - it will be the last that I pack - it is just back from the shop from being repaired and I have still yet to plug it in! grrh!

Vicky - yes you do need a night out - sometimes that is all it will take for teen-agers to stop grumbling with us! Especially if they have to feed themselves and clean up after too!

Well the bank awaits - it was very nice to have people send us money! LOL One of them is a refund for a deductible on a accident that DH was in - not our fault and yet the CHP decided that we were at fault - but DH persisted and our insurance company finally won and we got the check back from them! WHOO-Hoo!! Accident investigation is one part of what DH does in his job.

So I am off
Hugs
Jana

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:29 am

Good late afternoon from warm, sunny, SW. Pa...We had rain and I mean a lot of rain, this morning...Thunder, lightning and buckets of rain.....

Today was errand and run around day...Jim had a follow up appointment with the surgeon, they off to the eye doctors, (glass aren't right, bifocal was measured much too low), then a stop at Big Lots, then Jim begged to have lunch, then Petsmart, Walmart (grrr) to look at the TV, then to Aldi's...I was darn tired and when we got home, I picked up the paper and fell asleep....Got a good report from the surgeon, doesn't want to see him again but the gal that had measured the glasses wasn't too happy...I ended up telling her, I did work as an Optometric Assistant at one time and I think I did know what I was talking about....We came home with no TV, once again but did get lots of cat food so fur babies are all happy.....

Mel, Your little one is so darn handsome, so grown up in his outfit..And if that's PawPa, he looks pretty darn cute, too....And the new kitty looks exactly like my new fur baby....They could be twins....Very nice pictures.....

Jules, I am a barefoot gal, have been all my life and that foot doctor said, that's a big no no...I do have those heel spurs and he said to make sure you wear something that has a slight heal and as much as I didn't want to admit it, it did help....And I had to laugh when you said, you wear "thongs" (flip flops)...We used to call them thongs but now those teenie 1 strap, little panties are called thongs....So there's Jules, sitting in the garden in flip flops and thongs!

On that note, I'd better try to find something light for dinner....

My best to everyone and you all have a great rest of the day.....

Judi, so sorry to hear the news...My prayers are with you and your family.....

Jules

Post by Jules » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:44 am

Judith, so sorry to hear about your mum, lots of love and prayers sent for you all and for safe travels

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:35 pm

Judi, sorry to hear about your sad news. Lori
Lori 8-)

womster

Post by womster » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:42 pm

Judi you and your family are in my prayers.

Mel such dashing little and big men!

Sorry I cannot respond to all. I am VERY frustrated trying to sew this bear. I had to give-up sewing on fleece as I could not see the markings. And I do not understand the sewing instructions. It says to sew the upper curve - well what the heck does that mean????? There are two upper curves - one on each side. AURGH!! Now keep in mind, my last attempt at sewing some 20 years ago produced a pant with a five foot crotch. And I tried three different times!!! Oh the humanity.

I am headed back upstairs - wish me luck! Xoxo sharon a

carole

Post by carole » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:12 pm

Judi, You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry that you have to rush home and face this. We are here for you.

Hugs,

Carole

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:05 pm

just a quickie tonight...

Judi, prayers to you and to your whole family....

Sharona, back away from the bear and no one gets hurt.

Jules... VBS is vacation Bible school.. the churches put it on during the summer when the kids are out of school... they play games and eat junk food and learn a scripture or two... it's really lots of fun... for craft day they will make a picture frame which will be my pride and joy.

Kathy, I got a little letter from my dad.. he is in Maine traveling... he was talking about the tourists ( of which he is one) and I immediately thought of your summer people...

we beat the squirrels to most of the plums on the tree.. thank heavens the church people love them so they don't go to waste..

we have gr*****oppers here.. they are like a plague.. the roads are brown from where cars have run over them ( no exaggeration) when you drive it's like someone is throwing them one at a time at your windshield... and now they are enjoying one of my maple trees and my rose of Sharon... grrrr

and now it's time for me to go watch Madeline... funny that I don't know what's going on with the bachleorette... but can now sing some Selena Gomez songs..

hugs to you all... have a marvelous night
chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”