Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, July 19th!

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Tuesday, July 19th!

Post by auntjana » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:33 pm

Good morning!

It is late here in SLC Utah and I am ready to hit the hay for the night - but thought that I would check in with my friends here - You have been missed!!

We have been very busy with of the house details - we are finally at the point we are as done as we can be and are heading out in the morning for home.

That means my sewing machine and I can sew -- finally!!

We have had some spirited conversations over my sewing area in the basement of the new house with Sarah - she has ideas and thinks it is hers - but I will have the final say!! Tee-hee!

So good morning and looking forward to reading all of the doings later tonight when we get checked in at the motel in Reno - it is just too far to make the drive in one day to our house.

Hugs
Jana

mellomayking

Re: Tuesday, July 19th!

Post by mellomayking » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:42 pm

Jana--I hope you have a safe and uneventful trip home. I bet you will be glad to get back to your sewing machine. What fun to plan a new home and sewing studio!

Well, I spent the evening at "Hogwarts" after work! DH wanted to take me to see the Harry Potter movie. It was pretty good. It has been so long since I read the book that I had forgotten a lot of it. Hard to believe it is over. My first time at a 3D movie. I was afraid those glasses would give me a headache, but they didn't.

Well, not much new here....it was warm and muggy here today. The sun did shine, though, so I guess I shouldn't complain. Not sure what's in store weather-wise for Tuesday. I hope it is not so muggy!

Well, guess I better hit the hay, too! Hope you all have sweet dreams.

Hugs....
Mel

Jules

Post by Jules » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:22 pm

Morning, or should I say good night girls :)

Jana - how exciting, not just to be heading home but to be planning your sewing room, have a good journey

Mel - the last film I watched in 3D was Avatar, and it made me a little bit queasy, I didn't like it.......I'd opt for warm and muggy right now, I can't believe how much rain has fallen over the last week or so, I think summer has been cancelled in Britain

Well it's Tuesday today, my quilting day at Chris's........we had an interesting meeting last night with a guy DH had met before, he worked for a company where 2 of the guys who conned DH out of a load of money worked.......he got in touch with DH with a view to helping/restoring relationships.......he has also been ripped off by them and has spent the last 9 months finding out all he can about it and although none of us will get any money back, the police are making arrangements to have them arrested, it goes much much deeper than just ripping people off.......there is large scale fraud, money laundering, drugs, prostitution........and these were people who stood alongside us in church......I tell you when this breaks, it's going to bring down a whole heap of business men in the local community who were all involved too....unbelievable!!!

So after a disturbing evening, I am really looking forward to a days sewing today, I'm making another bear today, it's my friends birthday on Saturday and we had a rule that we wouldn't buy anything for each others birthday, we'd treat the other one to lunch, but my friend has put herself on a strict diet and is not eating lunch, she only wants to go for coffee, so I thought I'd make her a bear :)

Wishing you all a good day, hope you all find time to sit and smell the cotton LOL myself, I can smell the coffee so I'm off to grab a cup of it :)

Love and prayers xx hoping we hear something from Shirley Maes sister today, I seem to remember she was having more tests on monday

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:03 pm

Good morning Pals -
Yesterday my friends, Donna and Jamie and I had a "Hallelujah Party"! All 3 of Miriam's quilts are finished and DD's afghan for her birthday is done. Rejoicing Galore!!!
A friend from Church has a professional camera with the right kind of flash and there was no way I was taking the white quilt outside so he came over, took some pics and gave me the thumb drive today so i will post the pictures. Yippeee!!!!
My DD had a major meltdown so I was on the phone with her for a bit. Very overwhelming to move yet again and going into a new phase of her life. Change has always been hard for her and for me. You would have thought she would have chosen a different path that had her staying in one place for a long while but nope. Military does make you move. Please keep her in your prayers. She did say that DS#1 won't be getting his Senior Reactor Licence but they are still deciding on the Reactor's Licence. She is taking on his stress also and I keep telling her that it is his situation to handle and that she can't change it. Her names means "justice" and she has always tried to make sure the right outcome happens for others or she takes on there pain. I need to change her name - grin. We also need to figure out tactfully how to tell my sister that she can't come to the White Coat Ceremony. Big, Long, Long, Long story.

Vicky – Happy Blueberry pickin’

Grammie – Happy Pickle Makin’

Jules - I just heard that an owner of a gas station that was shut down because of the 405 wants the state to pay for the income she lost. LOL! Not going to happen!

Joanne – My DH was asking me just last night if I used the alphabets on my machine. Sounds like something I need to try.

Maryz – I love Little House. I have been watching Anne of green Gables and enjoying it very much even if they are out of order. LOL the joy of TV.

Cindyg – it is my very strong desire to come to Houston. With the cost of the ticket I probably won’t take a class. Shopping, sight-seeing all the lovely quilts and meeting all of you will be more than I could ever hope for. I just hope I don’t slow you down with my walker :)

Maryq – Glad you like the benefits of your job. Hope the job becomes less stinky and more fun.

Chickie – A blackberry pie! I have never had one but it sounds wonderful. Ice cream on top? Toys? What toys are you waiting for?
Be watching out for your quilts :) :) Mailing them all today.

Meagsmom – Prayers for you today that your Doctors will have steady hands, clear minds and you will have a quick recovery.

Mel – I guess I have been away from SpongeBob for to long. Pineapple?

Jana – Hope you get your final way on your sewing room!!

Well I best get to bed - I have a house to clean when I get up and a fruit and veggie kids quilt to make for my DGS to take with us when we go East.
Have a blessed Tuesday!!! HUGS and LOVE, T.

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:45 pm

Good morning everyone.
I can't wait till Saturday. A friend of mine from high school and I are meeting for lunch. I am going to a quilt shop before that tho. She and I ran back into each other when our kids went to the same daycare center. She and her husband are getting a divorce. But, she has some news for me. Can't wait. We are in the middle of another heatwave. It was 80 when I left to go workout. So, this afternoon I will work someone on the quilt for my son's girlfriend and then a few more stitches on the binding for Wyatt's quilt. Have a great day everyone.

OK now I have seen everything. I was just looking at the newest issue of Sew News, June Tailor has out an automatic pin dispenser. The website is junetailor.com

Suzette
Suzette

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:57 pm

Our forecasted rain never came yesterday :-( It is so hot and dry here, our garden is really suffering and we water it.

I made the raspberry jam last night and going picking blueberries today. I may make some blueberry jam too. Tia and JR are both coming picking with us today and I talked Caleb into coming along so we won't have to be there as long. With this heat it is hard.

I hope you all have a good day.
Vicky

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:08 am

Just stopping in to say good morning and wish everyone a beautiful day) .
Prayers and positive thoughts going out to all in need.
If you are in this nasty heatwave like we are remember to stay cool. Also remember that no matter how hot it is here in the US it is much hotter in Afganistan.
We had a tad of rain last night and now it is so foggy it will be tricky getting to work, but it isn't snow and that is a good thing!!!
Myles is doing pretty good I am happy to say
Barb is struggling with her chemo but she is so tough.
Daughter in law is coming along well after surgery on friday.
And while you all all getting thinner (and you know who you are) I am eating my way through a new baking book!!!
Chrissy1

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:11 am

Good Morning. and for those of you going to bed, good night, The windows are fogged u in the house today, that means the humidity is off the charts here and another hoy day, It rained a lot yesterday asnd soaked everything good. I was outside and the weeds are doing really well. It is way to hot to be weeding the garden. DD might come over this morning with the kiddo's/ I need to get my coffee and get dressed. Hope you all have a great day, If it is too hot to get out and weed today I will sew....pickles might wait yet again. The cucumber chips were very good and I have a jar full to store. Running them through a food processor to make a powder yeilds a seasoning for salad dressings and anything elsr needed a cucumber taste, very good dip too. Everyone was successful at weight watchers last night, down another pound. celebrated at Applebee's with a weight watcher dinner, we are all doing very well/
BBL

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:25 am

Morning....

We had rain last night too, with wonderful thunder & lighting. No moving the sprinkler around tonight!

LOL...the gym/kitchen had a new A/C unit put in yesterday...thier going to use the parts from the broken unit to try & fix the one that is not cooling my room. Already I can't wait to come home mto my fan.

Have a really good day!!

Kathy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:03 am

Good morning... it's going to be a great day today....although I prefer it a little cooler instead of the 95* they are predicting... such is life...

Jana.. glad you are coming home... when will the house in Utah be done and when is the actual move.? Sarah's sewing room will be beautiful....lol

Kathy, I love lightening... it seems we don't get as much as we used to, but the weather is all goofy now... we don't even get a few months of summer.. it cools off just enough to make the garden think it's fall....grrr..

Judi, enjoy the grands.. how nice that you are able to help so much

Chrissy... eating through a baking cook book ain't for sissy's.. you go girl

Vicky... mmmm, blueberries... do they grow wild? here blackberries grow wild... but you have to watch for snakes.. they like berries too...

Suzette, have a fun lunch....

Teresa.. tell your sister there aren't enough tickets that seating is limited... prayers for your DD

Jules, wish I were the Chris you were sewing with...keep us posted on the doin's with the former friends, sounds like the makin's for a book or movie.. maybe you could write the story and make a million...

Mel.. what do you think of the Harry Potter movie? is it sutible for an 8 year old or should she be a little older... like 30?

after work I pick my grandma up from the dentist... then she might want to do a little grocery shopping... I really would rather just come home and kick off my shoes... but it is what it is...lol

hope you all have a marvelous day...

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”