Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday July 18th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Re: Monday July 18th

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:10 am

Good afternoon, Well I was going to make pickles today but I had a better idea. I put 5 trays of cukes in the dehydrator for cucumber chips. I did 2 trays plain and one with ranch seasoning, and 2 with Lawry's/ They are yummy snacks with minimal calories. We even make a dip with lite sour cream and onion soup mix to dip them in. They are adictive, If I can keep them that long they are so good in the winter when there are no good cukes in the market. I have lots of cucumbers so tomorrow I might make the refrigerator pickles/ I was out in the garden and picked a lot of herbs to freeze. Herbs are looking pretty lame due to the heat and dry. We water but things still are hot and dry. Still looking for the big rain,,,they said thunderstorms but we haven't seen any. Weight watcher weigh in tonight, I didn't behave well over the weekend....so I am not looking forward to it.

carole

Post by carole » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:48 am

OMG I heard on the tv this morning that Casey Anthony was flown into Prescott Sunday. Why, oh why - that is where we are staying. Hope she is in hiding and we get out of town on our way to CO. before she shows her face. (If, in fact, she is really here).

Well I had my infusion this morning and will start feeling better real soon. As my husband always says "I got juiced up". LOL Tomorrow is the cardiologist appt. and we will see what he has to say.
I am feeling good - so that is a great sign.

We will be leaving to go back to Prescott tomorrow afternoon after the appointments. Will have one day to pack up the coach to head to CO on Thursday. Fun, fun, fun. It is 111 here in Surprise. Ugh hot outside. Guess I won't sit outside in the sun. (as if I would)

Has anyone heard from Shirley Mae? I am really getting concerned for her.

BBL

Carole

mellomayking

Post by mellomayking » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:42 am

Good afternoon all,

Have had a very busy day at work so am just now able to post. Had a nice quiet weekend with DH and DGS. DH seems to have caught a cold so he was feeling pretty crappy over the weekend. The worst seems to be over, but I am sure it will probably come my way...that's usually the way it works.

After church yesterday, I dropped DH and DGS off at the house and I ran back to town to pick up a few groceries...came home and unloaded everything on the counter. I bought some fruit, some of which was a pineapple. DGS (he just turned 5) walked by and saw it...his eyes got big a saucers. He said "Gramma! Spongebob lives there!" It was too funny. I can't believe the child had never seen a real pineapple before! Guess we should eat more fresh fruit.

Well, better get back to work. I'll check back later.

Hugs,
Mel

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:36 pm

I am home from a long work day... one gal came back from leave.. she had broken her foot.. I had forgotten how much she adores the sound of her own voice... lol... she is so in love with her self it cracks me up....

Joanne... I haven't even touched the state blocks yet... I think after the Christmas and Lodge swap I may take a break and put some things together.... or at least that is what I say I am going to do...glad the deputy got you an a/c... what a sweetie.

Sharona.. you are funny... you forgot how brilliant you are as soon as you woke up.... and now my DH wants to know why I am laughing....

Maryz.. I am so glad you had fun with your kids... I wish they lived closer to you too... so you kissed Joe Cartright's poster?? I kissed both Donny Osmond and David Cassidy's posters... yep... two men on my wall....

Cindy.. I didn't have any leaders for the mineke... but it was a baby blanket kit from Joann's and may have been cheap junk.... glad you are getting on the purple and white quilt..I can't wait to see it.

MaryRose... well???? did you find a cabinet hanger?

Karlene.. hope Elizabeth feels better soon... enjoy the quilt show...

Maryq.. hope your day was wonderful and you were cool.

Chickie.. did your toys arrive.. what fun they will be... do you make those huge round bails of hay that the cows just dive into?

Linda.. with you, Cindy and Maryz all the Cartwright boys are now spoken for... funny...

Carole, have a fun trip....

Judi, what a great idea to do cukes in the dehydrator.. sounds like they would be great...

Mel.. funny about Sponge Bob... will you ever be able to cut up the pinepple???

I think I will go take my shower and get my jammies on.. I have had a headache all day and want to close my eyes....

you all have a great evening...
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:33 pm

Cindyg, yes I am very excited and anxious about getting my sewing room put together. It has only been 10 years wanting to make it a functional work space, lol.

Chriss, DH finally came to the rescue, and got the cabinets up. We just finished. Now the organization begins.

For sure Chickie, I will post some pics as soon as I get everything back in the room. In fact, as soon as supper is finished, I will get back to the replacing/organizing. I can see your sky so vividly from your description. I feel for you with the triple digit temps.
We are right there with you. So nice that your sons and DGS helped get the grass down.

Karlene, sorry everyone at your house is feeling puny. Hope you don't get it this time.

Buzzer just went off to take supper out of the oven. Talk to everyone later.

Maryd

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:37 pm

Oh dear...they are having the 10 yards for $25.00 sale again. They know I can't resist. I just bought the purple and green/red. Like I really need more fabric. lol
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:47 pm

Lori - I remember how you loved having the fabric last time and how last year you wished they would do it again. lol I guess you had better be careful what you wished for.
Carol

Return to “Sew ins”